Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what is the typical time from VIN to pickup? i might not be able to pickup for next 2-3 weeks
I received a VIN assigned from Tesla yesterday morning, 15 minutes later they texted me and asked me to schedule the time to pick it up tomorrow. So in my case, they only gave me 48 hrs from VIN to pickup. I think because I am so close to the Fremont factory, so they can transit to my local Tesla showroom in a few hours.

Is there a specific citation from the IRS that states this?
Yes. Topic B — Frequently Asked Questions About Income and Price Limitations for the New Clean Vehicle Credit | Internal Revenue Service

1699301857255.png

If it's never been titled and it sells for under $80K, doesn't it meet the IRS requirements?
No.

Been a lurker for the past few months (so many helpful posts!), and first post...

Adding my EDD - don't see in spreadsheet...I probably did it wrong (oops)

Ordered 9/09, MXLR, Black on Black, 22 inch, Los Angeles
Changed to White exterior and 20 inch last week
Haven't really been tracking EDD but it was

Nov - Dec 2023 for a while...
Oct 31 - Dec 05 for a while..
Nov 4 - Nov 25
Nov 5 - Nov 25
Nov 6 - Nov 26

if it comes within the next 2 weeks I may push, bonus gets paid in Dec :) and dont have a FSD transfer or tax incentives

we'll see, super excited :D

Reactions: dmk712
Reactions: dmk712 and MP3Mike
It's also very difficult to find (and get) a car from inventory that qualifies for the tax credit. Nearly all have MSRPs greater than $80K.
I believe it's highly probable that they will provide us with a transfer, similar to what they did for the Q3 FSD. I suggest reaching out to your Sales Advisor and inquiring about this. I'm planning to contact my SA after my EDD changes to a date beyond the End of Year. Currently, my EDD is set between December 22 and February 16.

It's also very difficult to find (and get) a car from inventory that qualifies for the tax credit. Nearly all have MSRPs greater than $80K.
Just in case anybody waiting for their car with unlimited supercharging transfer. Looks like Tesla updated the agreement. Looks like they will honor their deal but there are certain conditions to be met.
Just saw this. Good news!