Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are also the names given to the two different regen modes. Stopping mode also has nothing to do with the regen mode you get while decelerating to nearly a stop. This video is a tutorial on regen and stopping modes. It's a couple of years old, and the terminology has changed (standard and low vs. standard and chill), bit it's still valid. If you care to disagree, tell me which is more efficient: Standard regen with creep stopping mode or chill regen with hold stopping mode?
Got it there are two regen breaking levels you are referring to "Standard" and "Low". The OP's question was in regards to stopping modes.

Tesla says "Hold maximizes range and reduces break wear by continuing to provide regen breaking at lower speeds than creep and roll."

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Looks like great alternative to driveprotected.

There are 3M Pro series, 3M Pro Series 200, ST3K Hydrophobic, which one you advise?
I believe 3M Pro is like the "OEM" quality stuff. Not the sexiest but you know it comes from a high quality company and will be generally a good product. The new 200 series is said to be glossier and has hydrophobic qualities. Visually I think it will be similar, so it's up to you if you think the hydrophobic feature is worth the slight additional cost. ST3K is a higher end film, supposedly very close and very clear.

I just generally use 3M pro and usually dont notice that it is there. That's good enough for me.

Note that North Tints sells on eBay and prices there are sometimes better than on their site. The eBay listings are all 3M Pro.

Reactions: msinfo
just got vin assigned for austin build. also got text they would reach out to schedule delivery. so it looks like they're ahead of schedule at least around here.

Estimated Delivery: February 27 - March 04​

We will reach out to schedule your delivery soon
just an update...according to the sa, vehicle is on its way and should at the store tomorrow. scheduled delivery for saturday 2/25. i expected missing out on half the tax credit so this is a nice bonus. good luck to all!

Well, then the brand new Model Y I test drove two weeks ago must be running old software, because I switched regen modes during the test drive, and even commented on it to the SA after the drive.
Yes you switched the acceleration modes between Standard and Chill. Nothing to do with regen. I've never felt any difference between the two modes in regards to regen (only power) and I've swapped back and forth often over my 4 months of ownership.

There used to be regen settings way back when but no, the car you drove recently would never have them. They weren't labeled Standard and Chill. Maybe normal and low? I'm not sure, never owned a car that had the regen settings.

My daughter, son-in-law and both his parents are all Tesla owners as is a good long time friend. They've all had good experiences and love their Teslas. My daughter says it's the "most fun" car she's ever had and puts a smile on her face every time she drives it. I can't wait!
1000% agree! Had my Model 3 since 2019 and still smiling on every drive. Hard to explain and sounds silly, but true 😎

Reactions: Mainuh
I believe 3M Pro is like the "OEM" quality stuff. Not the sexiest but you know it comes from a high quality company and will be generally a good product. The new 200 series is said to be glossier and has hydrophobic qualities. Visually I think it will be similar, so it's up to you if you think the hydrophobic feature is worth the slight additional cost. ST3K is a higher end film, supposedly very close and very clear.

I just generally use 3M pro and usually dont notice that it is there. That's good enough for me.

Note that North Tints sells on eBay and prices there are sometimes better than on their site. The eBay listings are all 3M Pro.
Thanks, did some research and found paintprotectionfilm site, their hydro tech ultra 10mm film looks promising and reasonably priced.

Taking MYLR5 While/Black/19" delivery on 02/24 from Cleveland, OH Tesla dealership location 5180 Mayfield Rd, Lyndhurst, OH.

If anybody took delivery from this Tesla dealership location, please share your experience.

Also planning to get Bank certified check, does anybody know on which name should I get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BailMY
yep. Used Cars as well.

zroger73,​

Mainuh

"That said, the whole process is so vastly better than going to a dealer and playing the "ask the manager" game, back and forth. Then see the finance person for the additional sales pitch and lies."

Yep, listen to this podcast for an actual behind-the-scenes look at your experience ... 129 Cars - This American Life

"We spend a month at a Jeep dealership on Long Island as they try to make their monthly sales goal: 129 cars. If they make it, they'll get a huge bonus from the manufacturer, possibly as high as $85,000 — enough to put them in the black for the month. If they don't make it, it'll be the second month in a row. So they pull out all the stops."

Listen for "load the lips"

MYLR, MSM, Black Interior, Gemini Wheels, 5 Seater
OD: Jan 17th
First EDD: Feb 3 - Mar 3
Second EDD: Feb 12 - 26
Third EDD: Feb 23 - Mar 23
Fourth EDD: Feb 28 - Mar 14 (Updated today)
No VIN & No VIN is coming text.
NorCal

Taking MYLR5 While/Black/19" delivery on 02/24 from Cleveland, OH Tesla dealership location 5180 Mayfield Rd, Lyndhurst, OH.

If anybody took delivery from this Tesla dealership location, please share your experience.

Also planning to get Bank certified check, does anybody know on which name should I get it.
Yeah, you can see my delivery report from an earlier post. I believe the check should be made out to "Tesla, Inc." and the memo should have your order number in it, RNxxxxxx. I added my full name to the memo as well.