Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW: this is certainly the fastest I've ever gotten a response from tesla. guess I'll just pause the policy and go back to obsessing over the app like a crackhead with a huge rock locked in a bulletproof glass box lol
I got this response:
“Good Morning,
We reached out to our transport team. Your Model Y is still in production at Gigafactory Texas. Your estimated delivery window should reappear once your Model Y has finished production.”

Maybe promising?

Last edited:
Mine is the same.
MYLR W/B/19 TOW
OD1/20
EDD 3/3-3/31
MINNEAPOLIS
my EDD shortened at some point today and is hopefully a good signal that you'll get updated as well based on us both being in the midwest (I'm in IOWA) and ordering the same time.

MYLR R/B/19 no options
OD 1/19 (but noticed the order form shows 1/20)
EDD 1: Jan-Mar
EDD 2: Mar 4-31
EDD 3: Mar 5-19 (updated Feb 22)

Reactions: Tcorn and JessicaG
Atlanta area (suburbs)
OD: 1/25/2023 7 PM EST
MYLR MSM/WHITE INTERIOR/20'INDUCTION 5 SEATER
1st EDD: Jan-March
2nd EDD: March 21-March 31
3rd EDD: March 15-March 31
4th EDD: February 23-March 23
VIn Assigned: 2/15/2023
5th EDD: March 4-March 11
6Th EDD: Feb 25-March6 (updated today)
*Hopefully will get a text to schedule delivery soon.
*update* I just got my "its time to schedule your delivery text" Delivery scheduled for 3/7 at Roswell

Hi, NovaY,

Thanks for the name - just searched and their pre-cut price is definitely good. I am thinking to get the front bumper only. Did you select "Remove parking sensors from the pre-cut'? As for DIY - I do not think this is super difficult - doable. A local PPF installers asked for $500 for the front bumper only whereas the pre-cut from North Tints ranges around $250 (depending on the brand). Thanks!
Yea, for 2023 Model Y, there should not be holes for the parking sensors. I also recommend checking on eBay as North Tints also sells there, and sometimes at a better price.

The front bumper on a Tesla is not too bad. It's mostly flat and there aren't a lot of inward curves or bevels. I did a front wrap on an AMG once and the bumper was a nightmare.

Basically Tower is indirectly saying "Don't come to us. We don't have any more money to lend" lol. Try Armco Credit Union. It has decent rates.

About to bail on Tower Federal. They haven't responded to messages and calls for 2 business days. Then I read the reviews and this is sounds common. Maybe I'm impatient, but time is ticking and Tesla is waiting on them to send the money so we can schedule delivery... Just to recap my experience: call wait times 30-50 minutes, sometimes you can hear they're annoyed to take your call, the auto loan division sometimes rings forever with no answer, and once when I actually got connected with someone they dropped the call after 10 seconds of silence, now this. Might be a sign of things to come
Crazy as it sounds, Tower Credit Union finally circled back to tell me my bank account has been approved to open and I just need to docusign some forms. This is after applying with them in mid Jan when my loan was approved. They did tell me they will still honor the rate despite the rate has increased a few points. If this holds true, I'll just refinance my loan with them.

Got it there are two regen breaking levels you are referring to "Standard" and "Low". The OP's question was in regards to stopping modes.

Tesla says "Hold maximizes range and reduces break wear by continuing to provide regen breaking at lower speeds than creep and roll."
Hold will bring you to a stop and keep you stopped. At low speeds, roll and creep will let you keep going so you get less regen as you have to hit breaks instead of using the motor to slow/stop you.

Reactions: Sohaib89
Taking MYLR5 While/Black/19" delivery on 02/24 from Cleveland, OH Tesla dealership location 5180 Mayfield Rd, Lyndhurst, OH.

If anybody took delivery from this Tesla dealership location, please share your experience.

Also planning to get Bank certified check, does anybody know on which name should I get it.
ill (hopefully) be at the same location for pickup SOON(tm) they said to put it as Tesla Motors Inc
with your RN# and name in the memo line

• Helpful
Reactions: fishers
OD: 1/20 MSM/B/19 LR
Latest EDD (2/14): 3/26-3/31

At the time of my latest EDD, my order was for white. I switched it to MSM 2/19 (I typically only buy used cars so took advantage of picking my desired color). The color change did not adjust my EDD. I did text Tesla today to inquire about an anticipated change to EDD based on the color upgrade; they responded within 15 min saying that my EDD was not affected and I should still expect it "late march/early April." So just waiting for my EDD to get pushed out more now.

I had a nightmare because of this forum.

My car is being home delivered this Saturday, but in my dream I was already driving it and the car was horrendous. The steering wheel was shaped like a pretzel, the windshield was all bubbly and I couldn’t see through it, and the handling was really weird. 😆

SO I do have this question. My last Tesla I picked up at a service center. How should I prep for home delivery? Is it the same idea? Do I get to inspect the car before accepting?
In the same boat as you, fingers crossed for smooth sailing! Good luck to you

Reactions: mvr1127