Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR W/B 19" No Options
OD - 01/18
EDD1 - January to March
EDD2 - February 8 - March 31
EDD3 - March 6 - March 31
No Text for 1-2 week VIN alert
VIN not assigned
Location - Las Vegas, NV
EDD 4 Updated 3/4 - March 27 - 31.

They seem to be prioritizing deliveries based on profit/margin and ease of delivering to the location.

Thanks! Is it true that the standard MY AWD are still not there? I was told it was still being built and still in Texas. LIke WTH. I ordered a day before you. And now my EDD is gone since yesterday and SA told me he has no other information besides from it’s still being built. And I’ve had a VIN since the same day I ordered on 2/10. Any advise on this? I’m thinking of just canceling this order cause it’s ridiculous. Why advertise existing inventory when it’s not even being built yet.
When I went into the store on 2/21 mine was not built yet, I just happened to ask if there was one like mine in inventory, they found one that had been built on 2/19 and switch my order to that.

my Y order was confirmed and vin assigned.
applied tesla finance and got approved with US bank at 5.99 apr
does tesla allows multiple loan options ? or how can i request tesla to shop around ?
i got good credit and i assume i can get better rate than 5.99

also i am doing trade in. i entered all the details of the trade in vehicle includes loan balance on that vehicle
i think tesla showed me trade in amount and balance i need to apply for the loan
now i see full price of the car and loan with US bank and got the txt to schedule the delivery
so when i will see the trade in numbers and also instructions to take my car and attach my existing plate
all confusing and with no human in between
does all this normal ?
Do U get any $$ incentive from Tesla because no one knows if/when any credits given out from the Gov

Thanks! Is it true that the standard MY AWD are still not there? I was told it was still being built and still in Texas. LIke WTH. I ordered a day before you. And now my EDD is gone since yesterday and SA told me he has no other information besides from it’s still being built. And I’ve had a VIN since the same day I ordered on 2/10. Any advise on this? I’m thinking of just canceling this order cause it’s ridiculous. Why advertise existing inventory when it’s not even being built yet.
There are few of us who are still waiting on Feb MYAWD orders. Tesla falsely informed us that these cars were “coming soon”. Im ready to go make some noise at the SC in person if they cannot deliver what they advertised on time

Reactions: James2023y
I know when went into the store on 2/21 that mine was not built yet, I just happened to ask if there was one like mine in inventory, they found one that had been built on 2/19 and switch my order to that.
I was offered an AWD model Y couple days ago when I called on the status of my MYLR order.

It arrived in Seattle this morning W/B 19's and was grabbed by someone in about 10 minutes of being offered off of Waiting For Tesla's site.

There must be some AWD's being shipped out.

Last edited:
Same boat!!

OD 1/15/23
MYLR 5 WHT/Black / 19" Basic
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla (Wells Fargo) loan (Interest 5.34%, Dwn Payment $38K, 36 Months term) and done registration process
01/21 - Rcvd Wall charger
01/24 - Installed Wall charger
EDD2 Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 Mar 19-Mar 31
NO Vin yet, After many Texts again they pushed the EDD to Mar 26-APR 15
2 of my friends picked their same spec. cars from same location with increased price (OD - Jan Last). Tesla doesn't like me!! Feeling Frustrated !!

I will wait 1 More week for the VIN and will accept the delivery if $7500 remains.
Reason of Order : Gift to daughter
03/11 - Going to return wall charger
03/13 - Going to cancel order. bye bye TESLA !!
Already booked Rav 4 Hybrid XLE Premium 2 Months back, and its in transit. (EDD March 18)
I sent this to a friend to show him how safe a Tesla is, He is buying one for his daughter after seeing this, there are stats that show a Tesla is 2.5 times safer than the average car and this video is really mind blowing, I'm not saying if you buy any other vehicle it is child endangerment (that's just line line I used on my friend, haha) but this is just a miracle that anyone survived this let alone all walked away without life threatening injuries.

I was offered an AWD model Y couple days ago when I called on the status of my MYLR order.

It arrived in Seattle this morning W/B 19's and was grabbed by someone in about 10 minutes of being offered off of Waiting For Tesla's site.

There must be some AWD's being shipped out.
Mine was still in Austin waiting to be put on the cargo train and they said at the time that it should be there on 3/1 or 3/2, I picked it up on 3/2

Reactions: 455dan and erktrek
Picked up last friday in NJ.
OD: 1/17; MYLR; Blu/Blk
EDD moved total 4 times:
- Jan-Mar
- Feb 26 - March 6
- Feb 27 - March 6
- Feb 28 - March 6
On 3/1 asked to schedule delivery with options 3/3, 3/4, 3/6. Tried to schedule on 3/4 or 3/6 but all slots got taken in 30 seconds of receiving the notification.

Delivery scheduled for 3/3, dropped off my Jeep Grand Cherokee (traded in) and brought back home the blue beauty.View attachment 914144View attachment 914145View attachment 914146
Looks amazing. Congrats on your delivery.

Reactions: TE5IA
Received my VIN about an hour ago! I ordered W/B/19 on 1/16 and changed my order to the 20" wheels 2/28. My new delivery window is March 18th - March 25th :)

For insurance can I upload my current full coverage policy? Ive never had to get a new insurance policy before I could drive the new car I was buying. It says It needs to have my state and the tesla vin on the policy that I upload into the app.

For insurance can I upload my current full coverage policy? Ive never had to get a new insurance policy before I could drive the new car I was buying. It says It needs to have my state and the tesla vin on the policy that I upload into the app.

It would have to include the Tesla VIN. I just spent the last hour shopping for insurance and switching from Geico to Progressive to get a better deal on the Tesla. I start my new policy on the earliest date on my current EDD (post VIN assignment) and if things change and the vehicle is delivered sooner, I'll call them and move it up. Tesla wants the vehicle VIN to be on the policy IIRC.

Welp like many others, my MYP W/W EDD moved from 03/21-03/31 to 04/06-05/11. So MYP EDDs not just MYLR are getting pushed out. $7500 tax credit out the door but maybe HW4 is a possibility for my build.
W/W/19'S/5seat OD 1/18 early

Thanks for that...
REALLY was almost going to pay the $250 and order a P MY in red /w...

even had the order page right to the point of pushing the order button.

Last edited:
It would have to include the Tesla VIN. I just spent the last hour shopping for insurance and switching from Geico to Progressive to get a better deal on the Tesla. I start my new policy on the earliest date on my current EDD (post VIN assignment) and if things change and the vehicle is delivered sooner, I'll call them and move it up. Tesla wants the vehicle VIN to be on the policy IIRC.
Ok thanks :) Ill shop around for insurance but don't want to move everything around haha! I have my house, husbands truck, and my current car all on one policy lol

i tried to order induction wheels as well , but the car’s original price would be changed to current price of 54990 from 52990 that I had booked my car at. So basically I was gonna pay 4000$ for induction wheels. I told the SA not to change my order.
I ordered on 1/20 when the price was $52,990. On 3/2, I changed to 20" ($2,000) and tow ($1,000) by clicking "Edit Design" on the website (I never attempted to go through my SA because they are non-responsive). The price updated to $55,990 - the same as it would have been on 1/20. The order agreement and price details updated to reflect the changes, but still show 1/20 as the order date with no reference to the date I made changes.

MYP White/Black
OD 02/14 8:52am
2/14 EDD February - March
2/14 EDD (updated in the evening) March - April
2/17 EDD March 16 - March 31
2/28 EDD March 22 - March 31
3/5 EDD April 7 - May 12
San Gabriel, CA (SoCal)

Very frustrating just like everybody else. I overestimated because I texted Tesla on 2/28 and the SA replied, "March 22 - March 31 does seem likely at this time, and it's a good sign that your delivery window is narrowing down and becoming more specific. The estimate could still shift but at this time late March seems like a safe bet."
I was very excited/optimistic and rushed my husband (licensed electrician) to upgrade our panel and install charger. I also already bought many accessories too lol. Well I estimated wrong, sigh 😔😭.

For the Fremont built MYLR's, do they all have Matrix lights? What about PPF and mud flaps?
Yes, they have Matrix lights. PPF and mud flaps depends on the location
agree with @topher2023 . From recent deliveries in MN, it seems that MN has the PPF (rear quarter) and mud guards (front). I have not heard anyone from south with these installed on deliveries. If you are in NM, it does not seem likely.

Reactions: Vomhorizon