Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would they do that? Has the IRS issued guidance yet? Until they do, no point in wasting $250. Also people are less likely cancelling than changing their orders - just saying.
Maybe they would and maybe they wouldn't. It all depends. I can get a low miles 2021 in a nice upgrade color with full FSD for about the same price right now. I mean if I'm out 7500 that makes a huge difference. I am still hopeful I won't be out the 7500 but no guarantees at this point. That car I mentioned is a 71K car with the FSD in 2023.

I can see people getting out in droves if we loose the 7500.00. We are already sharing supercharging. Getting washed on this deal won't go well either.

Don't worry about the serial number. Its very much possible someone could not take delivery because of finances or cancelled the order later on before taking delivery. Just look at the vehicle yourself and accept it if there are no majore issues. They can fix the minor issues later.
Did you pick an inventory vehicle or was your vehicle built around the time your VIN was assigned? I have a Fremont build date of 03/04 with a 03/19-03/26 EDD so wondering if this can get narrowed to perhaps later this week based on the # of days b/w VIN and delivery date in your case. I'm picking up from Colorado Springs. Really hoping to pick it up before the IRS notification update.

Last edited:
My EDD pulled in, hoping for VIN soon
OD - 1/14 MSM/W/19 - Dallas TX

EDD5 - 3/12 - 3/26
EDD6 (3/7) - 3/7 - 3/20

No Text saying VIN will be assigned soon.

SA are no help so with desperation added my 2020 QX60 to trade on 3/3 and Tesla low balled me which am not going to trade but accepted the offer.
Not sure if this helps with VIN assignment.

• Funny
Reactions: James2023y
Maybe they would and maybe they wouldn't. It all depends. I can get a low miles 2021 in a nice upgrade color with full FSD for about the same price right now. I mean if I'm out 7500 that makes a huge difference. I am still hopeful I won't be out the 7500 but no guarantees at this point. That car I mentioned is a 71K car with the FSD in 2023.

I can see people getting out in droves if we loose the 7500.00. We are already sharing supercharging. Getting washed on this deal won't go well either.
Agree - but that will only happen once guidance has been issued and whatever the guidance is. Again it's easy to get frustrated and the temptation to cancel immediately becomes strong.. but if someone really wants a MY then they should sit tight until the government clarifies things OR make moves to get one sooner via inventory etc..

For what it’s worth my order moved up drastically today. Debunking everyone’s myth about prioritizing orders to maximize profit, local order delivery only, etc. You could keep your order and wait and see if your dates improve. I had almost no hope until this morning based solely on everyone’s speculation and rhetoric.

OD 1/26
EDD1 Feb-Mar
EDD2 Mar 14-31
EDD3 (2/14/23): April 10 - May 22
EDD4 (2/22/23): April 08 - May 13
EDD5 (3/7/23): March 15 - 31
Upstate New York
MYLR blue/black/19/tow.
How is it "debunked"?? You are paying $1K for Blue Paint (What is the marginal cost for Tesla to paint the car in white vs blue?? ) and $1K for tow hitch. Your order is $1,800 (the cost of the hitch @wholesale level pegged at $200) more profitable than a Zero Option Long Range.

Reactions: James2023y
Did you pick an inventory vehicle or was your vehicle built around the time your VIN was assigned? I have a Fremont build date of 03/04 with a 03/19-03/26 EDD so wondering if this can get narrowed to perhaps later this week based on the # of days b/w VIN and delivery date in your case. I'm picking up from Colorado Springs. Really hoping to pick it up before the IRS notification update.
I got lucky. Someone who was supposed to take delivery for the exact same build could not take it because his financing fell through. I was continuously in touch with my SA and was visiting them every 3-4 days. They remember me by name so they assigned it to me instead of assigning it to the next person in line :p

I got lucky. Someone who was supposed to take delivery for the exact same build could not take it because his financing fell through. I was continuously in touch with my SA and was visiting them every 3-4 days. They remember me by name so they assigned it to me instead of assigning it to the next person in line :p

That's so cool. I'm obviously in a different state so I guess I'll continue to bug the SA over text :)

How is it "debunked"?? You are paying $1K for Blue Paint (What is the marginal cost for Tesla to paint the car in white vs blue?? ) and $1K for tow hitch. Your order is $1,800 (the cost of the hitch @wholesale level pegged at $200) more profitable than a Zero Option Long Range.
You have any evidence that shows orders with blue color or tow get delivered sooner?

Reactions: LetsGoElectric
Anyone notice a correlation between the “you can trade in a car” text and getting a VIN assigned? No VIN yet but just got that message from the 510 number.
Wonderful does that mean a person paying cash with no trade in is lower on the ladder.
Well then there is waiting for Tesla with all colors and options of 4680 AWD's several base model cars being offered up 19's no tow, white paint, black interior.
If they had offered the 4680 with a higher Kwh pack I would have gone for it and dumped the 2170 LR by now. I want the range but would consider a P model at this point if one shows up on WFT

ps For some reason AWD Ys on Waiting for Tesla are priced 1k apart for identical cars built on the same day $51990 and $52990 It is beyond me location is the only difference ?

Last edited: