Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received the text that the vehicle hasn't even left Fremont and is currently expected to arrive in CS on 03/20 :( The SA was kind enough to note that I want an earlier delivery and will notify me if something opens up.
Just keep in touch with them. Text every 2 days or so asking for a kind update or if they can match you to another vehicle. Hopefully the tax credits won't change through March. Getting it on 20th is still better than getting it in April/May. Good Luck

Just want to put my puzzling outlier of an order in...
Config: MYLR, 5seat, B/B, 19in, no FSD
OD: Jan 12
EDD: changed too many times, currently Mar 7 - Mar 16
No VIN.
Been to a showroom and have them check the order and they said nothing is missing. Don't really understand how ppl with similar configurations and same or later order dates are getting theirs delivered when we live right next door and still don't even have a VIN assigned.

I was going to pick up my MY AWD tomorrow but got a call from Tesla stating that the car is not going to arrive till Thursday so I had to re-schedule to Friday pick-up.
Has this happened to others?
This seems weird as my impression was that they only let you schedule your delivery once the vehicle is at the store.

I took tax credit for my purchase of my 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 bought in Mar. 2022 on my 2022 tax return.
All that was needed was my bill of sale.
Will be doing the same for my Tesla.
I hope it covers all of the below otherwise we will all have to deal with Tesla agents again. Those guys are already backed up and I don't want to add to their misery. This is directly from IRS website

Q8. What information does a seller have to provide to a taxpayer purchasing a new clean vehicle to allow the taxpayer to
claim the new clean vehicle credit? (updated February 3, 2023)
A8. A seller must provide the following information on a report to the taxpayer and to the IRS:
• Name and taxpayer identification number of the seller
• Name and taxpayer identification number of the taxpayer
• Vehicle identification number of the new clean vehicle
• Battery capacity ofthe new clean vehicle
• Verification that the taxpayer is the original user ofthe new clean vehicle
• The date of the sale and the sales price of the vehicle
• Maximum credit allowable for the new clean vehicle being sold
• Forsales after December 31, 2023, the amount of any transfer credit applied to purchase
• A declaration under penalties of perjury from the seller
For further details see Revenue Procedure 2022-42.

Reactions: msinfo
People who took delivery: is Tesla providing documents that will be needed to claim the credit next year?
Check your tesla app. I didn't take delivery, but when I had to update my registration due to my wife not being able to make it on the estimated delivery date, I had to update my information regarding the tax credit. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a snip shot of the screen, and don't remember exactly what it stated.

Reactions: Ayushbh
Anyone notice a correlation between the “you can trade in a car” text and getting a VIN assigned? No VIN yet but just got that message from the 510 number.
Well for me it was about 5 hours between the texts. Just got my VIN! New EDD - 3/19-3/26. I am in SoCal and looks like this will be an Austin built car (7SAYGDEE0PA086***)

ps For some reason AWD Ys on Waiting for Tesla are priced 1k apart for identical cars built on the same day $51990 and $52990 It is beyond me location is the only difference ?
I'm not seeing that...I see base cars (white on black) for 51,990 and then cars at $52,990 have blue or MSM paint option. Further options or higher priced paint the price goes up. There are some white on black with Tow that are $52,990.

I was going to pick up my MY AWD tomorrow but got a call from Tesla stating that the car is not going to arrive till Thursday so I had to re-schedule to Friday pick-up.
Has this happened to others?
This seems weird as my impression was that they only let you schedule your delivery once the vehicle is at the store.
Given how much I5 in N CA has been closed due to snow not surprising that deliveries coming from CA to areas north of CA are delayed. If I5 hasn't been closed then there is a delay as they check all vehicles to make sure they have chains. No idea about them letting you schedule a delivery date when they don't have the vehicle.

Well gang, after my long diatribe msg this morning, I checked my Tesla app and low and behold, despite my EDD being moved earlier 5 DAYS AGO, they changed it today to 4/16-5/21 after promising at order time a Feb-Mar time frame. Not only does that not likely work for tax incentive, but We ordered it for Tucson delivery and leave for Maine before the delivery window ends.
With the ICE car market as volitile as it is, I don't feel comfortable sitting around and waiting and I hold sold my truck since the Tesla trade offer was so pathetic (got $10K more selling it on CL). My sister and husband are coming for a visit in early April before we leave and having no car then would not be cool.

So, we spent the day car shopping and will decide between a couple Toyota Highlanders likely tomorrow. Wish you all the best in your Tesla acquisitions. I'll have to figure out what to do with over $1500 in Model Y accessories in my workshop and will uninstall my wall charger this week and pack it back in the box. Thank you Tesla! Good job making buying ICE through a dealer look much better than buying a Tesla.

Over and out!

Well gang, after my long diatribe msg this morning, I checked my Tesla app and low and behold, despite my EDD being moved earlier 5 DAYS AGO, they changed it today to 4/16-5/21 after promising at order time a Feb-Mar time frame. Not only does that not likely work for tax incentive, but We ordered it for Tucson delivery and leave for Maine before the delivery window ends.
With the ICE car market as volitile as it is, I don't feel comfortable sitting around and waiting and I hold sold my truck since the Tesla trade offer was so pathetic (got $10K more selling it on CL). My sister and husband are coming for a visit in early April before we leave and having no car then would not be cool.

So, we spent the day car shopping and will decide between a couple Toyota Highlanders likely tomorrow. Wish you all the best in your Tesla acquisitions. I'll have to figure out what to do with over $1500 in Model Y accessories in my workshop and will uninstall my wall charger this week and pack it back in the box. Thank you Tesla! Good job making buying ICE through a dealer look much better than buying a Tesla.

Over and out!
Sad. Tesla just lost a sale.

Reactions: erktrek

Over and out!
Just to be fair, Tesla never promised any delivery date. The E in EDD stands for Estimated.

Good luck buying that Highlander. Don't buy the extended warranty! :)