Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have found that Tesla is playing games with customers now since the march 31st EV credit deadline is coming close. They are pushing cars thru local inventory so Musk can make 3k to 4k more from who ever wants rush it. Musk has no business ethics when it comes to money. Forget about the customer service of Tesla. It has already won JD power worst service by now. I am going to cancel mine. I ordered on Jan 23, 23. I did calculated rate of return on Tesla and it is not worth it. It is not luxurious car. Some people are still living dream saying Tesla is luxurious car. It is damn cheap quality car. I will be investing 50k on good return and buy used Toyota. Some very nonsense tesla fans will still argue with their B.S abt tesla but remember I have not seen their good customer service since I have booked my car. This cars are made so cheap that's already we show in reviews here and wait after 4yrs warranty expired.
Tesla will milk the money as they are selling two screws for $10.
Agree. I was in the market for a lexus but ended up with Tesla because it will save me $9500 through tax credits. Another reason to go with an EV was that I hate to refuel at gas stations in winters here in Denver. Its not a luxurious car but its a technology car.

Seems like everyone is into their Tesla's and while i'm so excited i'm also so stressed. I bought a number of new cars as we all have but have never had to think about anything other than a perfect car, perfect paint, etc. I would not even consider taking ownership of a car that wasn't perfect but it seems perfection is not always possible with a Tesla. Sort of crazy we all accept less than perfect which I guess is a tribute to how much we love them. And It's also good to hear that 2023 Model Y's coming from either Austin or Fremont is a crapshoot.

Thanks
I don't know about this...I've been following the OutofSpec Detailing YT channel and Colton has been analysing a number of new cars from a number of manufactures including the well established VW, MB, Nissan and Ford (along with Telsa, Rivian and Lucid). The Tesla build and paint has been holding its own against even the establised ICE guys. Colton mentions he sees all sorts of issues with Audis, Porsches, BMWs...you name it. You should see the mis-matched paint on the Ford he recently had in the shop...ridiculous.

I think if you go crazy with checklists like Tesla people do for any other manufacturer you will start finding issues also.

I have found that Tesla is playing games with customers now since the march 31st EV credit deadline is coming close. They are pushing cars thru local inventory so Musk can make 3k to 4k more from who ever wants rush it. Musk has no business ethics when it comes to money. Forget about the customer service of Tesla. It has already won JD power worst service by now. I am going to cancel mine. I ordered on Jan 23, 23. I did calculated rate of return on Tesla and it is not worth it. It is not luxurious car. Some people are still living dream saying Tesla is luxurious car. It is damn cheap quality car. I will be investing 50k on good return and buy used Toyota. Some very nonsense tesla fans will still argue with their B.S abt tesla but remember I have not seen their good customer service since I have booked my car. This cars are made so cheap that's already we show in reviews here and wait after 4yrs warranty expired.
Don’t think you did enough research before booking your order, if you had done your ROI earlier you could have saved 250$. Enjoy your used Toyota and hope you get better customer service from them.

Still no clue, why everyone is waiting for March 31st as a week ago for March 1st? Just because someone added a note to the Tesla website "until March"? So it may happen tomorrow, on next Monday, or in June.
Everyone is waiting for their 'guidance' which could change the rules. I recommend going HERE

Look on the page for " News and Announcments" . This is where everyone else is going to be getting the updates aside from press releases.

I'm not seeing that...I see base cars (white on black) for 51,990 and then cars at $52,990 have blue or MSM paint option. Further options or higher priced paint the price goes up. There are some white on black with Tow that are $52,990.
I missed the tow option at the bottom - All OK after all.
Agree. I was in the market for a lexus but ended up with Tesla because it will save me $9500 through tax credits. Another reason to go with an EV was that I hate to refuel at gas stations in winters here in Denver. Its not a luxurious car but its a technology car.
Well I don't know... in Winter. Right now on a morning where it freezes over night I have to go out fire up my Cummins powered truck for a 10 mile trip to town.
If I let it run 15 minutes still have to scrape the windows and breath the half burned diesel fumes.
Then About 2/3rds the way to town the seats are the only thing warm.

If the Model Y had shown up by now... Cough...
I could sit in a warm house drinking coffee, open the phone app turn on seat and steering wheel warmers and pre heat the interior space to a nice toasty 75+ degrees. Have a fully conditioned vehicle before ever stepping outside... Sounds pretty luxurious to me :)

Everyone is waiting for their 'guidance' which could change the rules. I recommend going HERE

Look on the page for " News and Announcments" . This is where everyone else is going to be getting the updates aside from press releases.
I used to see verbiage regarding critical battery components. Has it been temporarily removed until the IRS guidance is released or am I overlooking it?

You read that the Toyota executives said that the model Y is a work of art, after their teardown, right? 😄

I imagine it will be similar to past tax rebate incentives. I really have no idea, but I can guess.

If they make the qualifications too complex it's going to create a lot of extra work. If they still have funding, they keep the full amount open. Waning coffers, they begin to reign it in. The best middle ground is to cut it in half at some point based on battery origin. That way they didn't completely erase it. That's a calculated political move that tries to make it work for everyone instead of placing undue burden on EV makers who didn't make the deadline and had customers who were depending on it although stll at a loss. The deal may have already been cut and they are just delaying the announcement. Keep the full amount throughout 2023 and everyone is happy.

The idea was to incentivize US produced EVs, although Hyundai has argued for the rebate with little or no basis. High end is priced outside of rebate ceilings...so that only leaves Tesla and maybe a few other players like the Chevy Bolt. Personally I think a lot of this is going to depend on how much the government want's to incentivize Tesla in particular since they are really the main player here. Past relations have been shoddy at best between Tesla and Uncle Sam, with US leaning more towards GM support publicly. They seem to be better bedfellows, even though Tesla has them beat by a mile.

Hopefully opening up the SC network was seen as a token of goodwill by the GM leaning administration who will continue to support rebates for those buying Tesla.

There. Did that answer your question? :)
I'd say that I think the government has recently realized they need Tesla to meet their goals, like having X number of public chargers by Y year. Thinks might be better after Elon met with the White House and suddenly an agreement was reached to open Tesla chargers in return for government $$. Hopefully this good will extends to the cars in terms of rules for the tax credit.

Reactions: 455dan and starise
You only decided this AFTER ordering the car and waiting a month and a half? If they had handed you one in a week, would you then have loved it?

Don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out.

Reactions: flgatorfan
MYLR5
White/White interior/19-inch Gemini wheels
OD: 1/30/23
EDD 1: Feb-Mar
Profile Completion: 1/31/23
EDD 2: 3/22-3/31
Change to Red/White/19-inch Gemini wheels: 2/3/23
EDD 3: 3/24-3/31
EDD 4 (2/14): 4/15-5/2
EDD 5 (2/28): 4/16-5/21
EDD 6 (3/7): 4/26-5/31
Location Connecticut
Tesla location: Mt. Kisco

The wait continues ....

Reactions: erktrek
Just make sure you qualify for the tax credit.. there is a max income limit you know... 🎩💎😉
Hahahaha. I did. I came to know about the Tesla price drop on 13th but wasted 7 days to make sure how the tax credits work and if I qualify. That's why I ordered on 20th Jan and was cursing myself for the delay when the EDD moved into April-May. Happy now that I am getting my car tomorrow. Will post pics soon.