Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was supposed to pick up my car tomorrow morning, but received a message this morning saying that the delivery is delayed and that I have to pick up on the 23rd at a particular time. When I asked what the delay was the person mentioned it’s a rail car issue. I asked the person how come they found a rail car issue just a day prior to delivery as the car should have arrived few days earlier in prep for customer delivery to which the person replied it’s bad luck and stuff happens. Anyways wasn’t a happy conversation with my main issue being this should have been found earlier and communicated earlier and not one day prior to delivery. I guess we can now create a new date called “Estimated Scheduled” delivery date 🤷‍♂️
Customer service based on my conversations since the beginning of this process is the worst I have seen in any company selling a 60k product. At times I thought Tesla was doing me a favor in selling their car 😂

Based on the build date I will be picking a month old car.

So this isn't the end of it. The CS agent on the phone informed me that the vehicle was damaged and was likely a major damage and its not going to come to Colorado Springs anytime soon if at all. So its essentially gone. He had nothing of a similar configuration he could offer. Will call me tomorrow but I guess its not going to work out since there's nothing on Waiting For Tesla either in my five seat LR or Performance configuration. Meanwhile, the buyer of my car is supposed to come and pick it up tomorrow so I have to decide whether I cancel selling my vehicle.
So sorry to hear about all this, hope you get your vehicle bud

So sorry to hear about all this, hope you get your vehicle bud
It looks like I will be fine with the White MYLR already on site. My original MYLR - Red is now up on Tesla's website so not sure whether the supposed damaged in transit was real or just an error on their part. I'll call them tomorrow morning to see what's up..I did ask them to note in their notes that I am interested in switching back if the vehicle is not damaged and it was a system glitch on their part but not sure if they will call me back..

Reactions: Puka Bum
Yes I meant this based on what I read in IRS and other articles and what you've quoted above from the IRS website

"
o qualify at all, Final Assembly of the vehicle needs to be in North America.
  • $3,750 credit: At least 50% of the value of the battery components need to be manufactured or assembled within North America."

I also heard in Troy's podcast that if Tesla didn't qualify for half of it, the wordings in their website would not have mentioned "reduced". Again, this is all my inference based on what I hear/read (could turn out to be wrong/right).
yup.. they changed itnow.. my friend @ghostrider78 and I exchanged this on March 7 when the wording read like this...
View attachment 917961

It still says the same thing but they bury it. You have to click the "See Details" link from the main page. The following is as of now.

Attachments

• EV Credit 1.jpg
    EV Credit 1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 62
  • EV Credit Reduce.jpg
    EV Credit Reduce.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Informative
Reactions: FanboyNC
Finally! My wife's Y is on the way! I've had a Model 3 performance for about 2 years. She loved her Audi Q5 but after finally test driving the Y after months of trying to persuade her to, she knew she had to have it. Got the VIN assignment early this afternoon.

MYLR 5 Seater MSM/B/19 - San Antonio Texas
OD: 1/21/23 Too many EDDs to remember, last one was 3/17-3/31. 3/16 VIN Assigned - Austin Build. Delivery date 3/20 at 1130pm

Finally! My wife's Y is on the way! I've had a Model 3 performance for about 2 years. She loved her Audi Q5 but after finally test driving the Y after months of trying to persuade her to, she knew she had to have it. Got the VIN assignment early this afternoon.

MYLR 5 Seater MSM/B/19 - San Antonio Texas
OD: 1/21/23 Too many EDDs to remember, last one was 3/17-3/31. 3/16 VIN Assigned - Austin Build. Delivery date 3/20 at 1130pm
Congrats! Can't beat living so close to the plant :) Same for bay area folks. You guys will see lots of delivery in the coming days!

Is yours an Austin build ? When did you get your VIN assigned ? ( I was assigned on 02/17, PA080xxx, Austin build). Also, I am in OC too with Buena Park being my delivery center.
I got my VIN on 2/16 and am located in southern Cali…..but my car is Austin build! 😂

Did your Model Y come with PPF pre installed ? I feel like mine has it on the front and the rear bumper.

Was supposed to pick up my car tomorrow morning, but received a message this morning saying that the delivery is delayed and that I have to pick up on the 23rd at a particular time.
I’m on the opposite end, my EDD started today (the day they expected it to arrive) and for the past week including yesterday, when I text about scheduling delivery they say, “it is in transit and they will schedule delivery when it gets closer.” Hopefully I’m not caught up in a rail car issue they aren’t telling us about. I feel like one of these days I’m going to get a text asking me to show up in the next 30 minutes, like, “oh shoot, your car has been here for a week, we just found it.” 🙄🤣

My brother-in-law's order passed the earlier date in his EDD range and the window narrowed...then the later date began sliding into the future. The "VIN expected in 1-2 weeks" proved pointless, too, since that window has come and gone. :)

It'll get here when it gets here and not a moment earlier. :D

• Funny
Reactions: erktrek
My brother-in-law's order passed the earlier date in his EDD range and the window narrowed...then the later date began sliding into the future. The "VIN expected in 1-2 weeks" proved pointless, too, since that window has come and gone. :)

It'll get here when it gets here and not a moment earlier. :D
Precisely when it means too...

Gandalf_the_Grey (Phone).jpg

The timing on this today lol. Just when I told myself to stop checking the app every hour, and only checked it this morning then about 30 minutes ago, I got my VIN! Oddly enough, still don't have any text or email about the VIN, but shows up in the app and on the 'Manage' link.

Hopefully other Central FL folks are getting their VINs tonight.

New EDD: March 22-26
Had to accept the Tesla Vision thing in the app and now have the option to submit insurance information. On the phone with Progressive right now.
Got my delivery txt this morning and was given the 24th, 25th, and 26th. Picked the earliest time on the 25th due to work. Being asked now to pay the remaining balance in the app. It says to do so to avoid delays in delivery. Does anyone know if the final balance has to be paid for, before getting to check the car out first, in Florida?

Arghhhh!!!!! That is frustrating.. good to know though. Your EDD window starts 3 days earlier than mine but ends one day earlier - I wonder how the length of the window gets calculated because it seems so different across orders.
So yours is 3/19-3/31?
Not sure how it’s calculated, my EDD stayed at 3/10-3/31 for over a month but then changed to the current one about a week ago. We sold the wife’s car back in FEB to take advantage of a price hike and are down to my gas guzzling truck only. These $5 gas prices are starting to get more annoying!

Reactions: erktrek