Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same OD, NJ Delivery for MYLR.
EDD 3/17 - 3/31
No Vin yet
These EDD ranges are bizarre. The ones that seem consistent with a larger gap like Apr 15 - May 31 seem like quarterly production placeholders and subject to change. Narrower windows seem better especially the ones less than a week. Also the start dates for the EDDs seem to vary from order to order - maybe based on an offset by the OD and predicted fulfillment? My OD was 01/28 and my start of EDD is now Mar 19th. No VIN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apollo0426
These EDD ranges are bizarre. The ones that seem consistent with a larger gap like Apr 15 - May 31 seem like quarterly production placeholders and subject to change. Narrower windows seem better especially the ones less than a week. Also the start dates for the EDDs seem to vary from order to order - maybe based on an offset by the OD and predicted fulfillment? My OD was 01/28 and my start of EDD is now May 19th. No VIN.
May 19 or March 19?

This is ridiculous. There are several cars in inventory that are $250 and $500 more than my original order. They will not budge. In the meantime I've been waiting since Jan 16. This is critical as that amount puts me over the $3500 state rebate limit. So if I wait, I (likely) lose the federal credit (or some portion). If I choose one of these options I lose the state rebate. And they won't budge for $250. (texted and or talked to 3 SA's) Are you kidding me! Arghhh!! Sorry had to vent.....

This is a clear case that we, as consumers, had leverage in Jan when they needed sales. Now that they have demand they have the leverage!

MYLR - MSM/BW/19"WHL, OD: 01/16/2023
EDD: Feb 14 - Mar 24, Mar 14 - Mar 31, Apr 5 - May 10
Loc: Boston, MA, Status: Angry/Sad - No VIN

MYLR Blue / Hitch / 19s
OD: 1/22
Profile Completion:1/23
1/23 1st EDD Jan-Mar
1/26: 2nd EDD 3/12-3/31
2/14: 3rd EDD 3/27-3/31
2/22 4th EDD 3/25-3/31
2/28 5th EDD 3/20-3/31
3/7 6th EDD 3/17-3/31
3/17 EDD STILL 3/17-3/31

SO I GUESS I COULD STILL GET IT TODAY! /s
No Vin Still.... was expecting one by now.

This is ridiculous. There are several cars in inventory that are $250 and $500 more than my original order. They will not budge. In the meantime I've been waiting since Jan 16. This is critical as that amount puts me over the $3500 state rebate limit. So if I wait, I (likely) lose the federal credit (or some portion). If I choose one of these options I lose the state rebate. And they won't budge for $250. (texted and or talked to 3 SA's) Are you kidding me! Arghhh!! Sorry had to vent.....

This is a clear case that we, as consumers, had leverage in Jan when they needed sales. Now that they have demand they have the leverage!

MYLR - MSM/BW/19"WHL, OD: 01/16/2023
EDD: Feb 14 - Mar 24, Mar 14 - Mar 31, Apr 5 - May 10
Loc: Boston, MA, Status: Angry/Sad - No VIN
I don’t understand why they budge on such things, I mean they have to sell you a car at the old price point at some point 🤷‍♂️

(Posted on a different thread, just adding here)

Picked up! Springfield NJ. Really busy there and overflowing with cars pending pick up. Keep the faith for those still waiting! Must have been 10-15 other folks picking up cars in the afternoon. Don't these people work? LOL.

Minor variances in panel gaps. I'm looking at my BMW and I can't say Tesla is leading the pack compared to other major production built cars, but gaps are small enough to be ok. It really depends upon your "tolerance." No paint or scratches that we could see. SAs there said 100Miles or 7 Days to report.

So far pretty happy. Its like getting my first car type of excitement which I have not had in a while . . .

(Posted on a different thread, just adding here)

Picked up! Springfield NJ. Really busy there and overflowing with cars pending pick up. Keep the faith for those still waiting! Must have been 10-15 other folks picking up cars in the afternoon. Don't these people work? LOL.

Minor variances in panel gaps. I'm looking at my BMW and I can't say Tesla is leading the pack compared to other major production built cars, but gaps are small enough to be ok. It really depends upon your "tolerance." No paint or scratches that we could see. SAs there said 100Miles or 7 Days to report.

So far pretty happy. Its like getting my first car type of excitement which I have not had in a while . . .
Congratulations! Same config, pickup location and date (probably time as well) but white interior. Looks like Tesla is not fond of white interior. Still April for me.

Last edited:
Its like getting my first car type of excitement which I have not had in a while . . .

That's what I'm hoping for. It's been many, many years since I actually got excited about buying a new vehicle. I've averaged trading one gasoline-powered automobile for another about every year over the last three decades. I'm now immune to the "new car smell" (either because mine still smell new when I trade them in and/or because all the outgassing has fried my olfactory nerves) and, quite frankly, I'm bored with gasoline engines (well - maybe not with my Miata). Riding a Onewheel and an electric scooter really got me excited about an EV and Tesla is so different than any other car company that they've captured my attention.

Some trends I have inferred from this forum, reddit, accelerated delivery, and Tesla available inventory. Of course, it's just my inference as always, and I could be wrong. However, I did do a detailed study:

1. Almost all zip codes I've lived in pops up multiple demo vehicles in available inventory. Tesla is trying to get rid of their demo vehicles at discounted prices during quarter end.
2. Certain production lines are highly active currently, namely ones with tow, 7 seaters, black interiors etc.
3. The standard edition (white with black) was getting deliveries left, right and center up until last week. Now, they seem to be pushed out to April-May (especially ODs).
4. White interiors are facing a supply dearth at the moment. Several April-May EDD EDD pushes have white interiors.
5. People closer to the factory, especially bay area is getting more deliveries (quite understandably). I noticed late Feb and very early March orders getting VINs for my exact configuration.
6. The performance edition continues to get preference over the MYLR. No decline in trend there. There were some who met with their SAs and they certified that Tesla is trying to get as many MYPs out before EOQ.
7. Gemini wheels are back. Upgrades to 20 inch wheels helped people to cut in line last month. It no longer seems to be the case now. Production lines seemed to have evened out for both.

Feel free to add or correct.

MYLR MSM/Black/19"/5 seat
OD: 1/21
Original EDD: Jan - March
Updated EDD (1/24): 3/12 - 3/31
Updated EDD (2/22): 3/7 - 3/31
Updated EDD (3/7): 3/14 - 3/28
Updated EDD (3/8): 3/19 - 3/26, VIN received!!!!
MYLR was delivered today. Went smoothly, only issue was one of the headlights was slightly off. However, I was able to adjust it myself.

Finally got a delivery appointment on 3/27. I was hoping a little sooner, but fortunately I don’t fly out of town until that evening. It kinda sucks that I was only given one day to choose from.

It’s getting closer, yet seems further away now, lol.

(MYP Blue/Black, OD 2/3, SC: Loveland, CO)
As you get closer to the date, text and see if you can pick up earlier. I was only given one date (3/20), but i texted them a couple days after initial scheduling, and they said it was showing up earlier than expected, so they moved me to tomorrow (3/18). I think their intent is to keep them on the lot a minimal amount of time.