Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Ordered our MYLR back in early February (10th). Got a VIN February 22 (F6678xx) with a March 1 EDD. Starting near the end of February, the EDD has gone up one day, every day. I’m currently at a March 27 EDD.

After finally hearing back from someone, supposedly the reason my already built car keeps getting delayed is, the car got a dent on the lift gate.

How long does it take to fix a dent (I’m hoping it’s more like a ding)? Any recommendations on getting a MYLR sometime soon before the IRS shafts me?

IRS's guidance is not in anyone's control. It is waste of your time if you wanted to beat that. It could come out tomorrow, 3/31, or even delayed to April/May. No body knows for sure.

But you can make progress if you can check the inventory, or accelerated delivery options. There has been successful cases here people were able to secure an inventory car that matches what they originally ordered by placed a second order with $250. The talk to Tesla service agent to switch the car to the original order which lowers the price to match the original order price. Try this only if you are willing to spend extra $250 when you are lucky enough to find a match. I don't see other option at least for now to get a MYLR sooner.

Don't try to beat the IRS guidance as that is an still an unknown.

GREAT! We were there for about 90 minutes going over every inch and setting up profiles. We were the first pickup of the day, so they kept coming out the check on us. No discrepancies to note. We live about 100 miles away in the Paso Robles area, so we needed the time to ensure there was nothing cosmetic to note up front.

We dropped it off for PPF on the front panels and hood Monday with a ceramic coating on the rest of the car. We will get it back Wednesday.
Sweet!! I have mine in for slight adjustments in the build quality good to have a Service Center in my backyard. I have also had an error code pop up saying Car may not restart. Keep an eye out for that. Glad it went well post a pic when your done with your PPF we want to see your new ride!!

Was supposed to pick up my car tomorrow morning, but received a message this morning saying that the delivery is delayed and that I have to pick up on the 23rd at a particular time. When I asked what the delay was the person mentioned it’s a rail car issue. I asked the person how come they found a rail car issue just a day prior to delivery as the car should have arrived few days earlier in prep for customer delivery to which the person replied it’s bad luck and stuff happens. Anyways wasn’t a happy conversation with my main issue being this should have been found earlier and communicated earlier and not one day prior to delivery. I guess we can now create a new date called “Estimated Scheduled” delivery date 🤷‍♂️
Customer service based on my conversations since the beginning of this process is the worst I have seen in any company selling a 60k product. At times I thought Tesla was doing me a favor in selling their car 😂

Based on the build date I will be picking a month old car.
They rescheduled again and now am picking up on the 28th instead of the 23rd which was given instead of the 16th 🤦‍♂️ I was at the SC yesterday to check on a friends delivery and the guy there said my car is in some rail shed 😂 After I checked with my “friendly” Tesla reps on phone they acknowledged and said it will reach the SC on the 26th now and scheduled it for me on the 28th. They try to add this term of “ if we can deliver early we will schedule an earlier date with u” as if that would make me jump out of my couch in joy after 2 push outs in scheduled delivery. At this time it’s just “Wooosaaaaaahhhhh” for me

Reactions: Blue MYP
So a bit of a vent here. On 3/14/2023 when I placed my order from existing inventory with a “vehicle in transit” status I figured I was safe to receive delivery by end of month at the latest. Texting with Tesla today indicates the vehicle is still pinging in California (VIN indicates it’s manufactured in Freemont). When I asked how on earth an existing inventory vehicle wasn’t actually in transit and how this is being dishonest - I got the runaround and no good answer other than to say that their ETA is now 4/1/2023 - yet the app still says that same EDD range of 3/24-3/31. I’ve ordered vehicles in the past from other manufacturers and could actually track the vehicle location online and other manufacturers aren’t dishonest in this same fashion. Is this just a lack of experience/maturity on Teslas part as a manufacturer? Why overtly state a vehicle is in transit on 3/14/2023 when it hasn’t moved and is in point of fact not yet in transit? This doesn’t seem that hard an issue to communicate accurately about given other manufacturers have been doing this for years now. Am I alone in being a bit frustrated with these types of issues?

Reactions: imgcs and erktrek
Just when I was about to give up hope for a March delivery….opened the app (for the 100th time today) to find a VIN!

MYP White/White
OD: 2/6
EDD: 3/4-3/31
3/6 EDD: 3/31-5/5
3/12 EDD: 3/21-3/31
3/20 VIN received & delivery scheduled for 3/25
Arizona
VIN: PF739
Congrats!!!

I'm finally certain there's no logic to Telsa planning/delivery...
MYP Black/White OD: 01/30 EDD1: FEB-MAR EDD2: 03/07 - 03/21 EDD3: 03/15 - 03/28
EDD4: 03/16 - 03/28 EDD5: 03/17 - 03/28
Current EDD6: 04/08 - 05/13 NO VIN!!!!

Reactions: erktrek
Correct, sales tax. Tesla offer is $38900 while Carmax is $41000. Tax savings of around $2500. So an extra $500.

Wish I didn’t have to get rid of the Ioniq 5 but they didn’t add a battery management system or a heat pump for RWD 22 models… moving north required a better vehicle and I enjoy electric too much 😁
I actually got a higher trade offer of 23.5k from Tesla on a 2017 Prius Prime Advanced. CarMax and Carvana were a few K less. A Toyota dealer have a range just slightly over Tesla, but with the 6.25 sales tax in MA a trade direct to Tesla has a pretty big advantage.

Of course now my EDD was pushed way back so my Tesla trade offer will probably expire before I get it now. I don't quite understand how the EDD between 0 to 2 weeks suddenly can change to be 1-2 months away :(

Depending on timing, I may attempt private sale of my old car once I get the Tesla VIN, and if it doesn't sell take whatever trade value Tesla offers.

Reactions: hp1234
So a bit of a vent here. On 3/14/2023 when I placed my order from existing inventory with a “vehicle in transit” status I figured I was safe to receive delivery by end of month at the latest. Texting with Tesla today indicates the vehicle is still pinging in California (VIN indicates it’s manufactured in Freemont). When I asked how on earth an existing inventory vehicle wasn’t actually in transit and how this is being dishonest - I got the runaround and no good answer other than to say that their ETA is now 4/1/2023 - yet the app still says that same EDD range of 3/24-3/31. I’ve ordered vehicles in the past from other manufacturers and could actually track the vehicle location online and other manufacturers aren’t dishonest in this same fashion. Is this just a lack of experience/maturity on Teslas part as a manufacturer? Why overtly state a vehicle is in transit on 3/14/2023 when it hasn’t moved and is in point of fact not yet in transit? This doesn’t seem that hard an issue to communicate accurately about given other manufacturers have been doing this for years now. Am I alone in being a bit frustrated with these types of issues?
Ouch that seems suspicious - I wonder if you could file a complaint with your states consumer affairs agency OR local news consumer help line? Guarantee that will get some attention! Media LOVES Tesla stories...

That sucks...not even May but pushed EDD window to June...what a bummer 😕
Yeah, though it seems that large EDDs are placeholders until they can figure out delivery schedules which will then be assigned narrower ranges.. just a guess though. They need to stop reporting EDDs and instead pick a target delivery date well into the future. I think I need to stop obsessing over this but am very disappointed.

On a somewhat related note - I've got the trade-in and financing items finalized in the app - but not the insurance item as it doesn't make any sense to me to add the vehicle to insurance until the day of delivery (why pay for something we don't actually own yet). Does this in any way delay delivery if we don't complete this step in the app prior to getting an updated EDD? I already have a VIN effective 3/24/2023.
I had 8 days notice of delivery in Tucson. I bound my insurance to be effective the day of delivery but did it 5 days ahead and was able to get my ID cards ahead that way and upload to the app. They were happy with that. It won't delay you from my experience.

Picked up my car at Fremont today, accepted delivery. Otherwise than two minor gap issues, the car looks great! I submitted service request, hope it will be fixed.
Curious how your insurance worked out. Were you able to take delivery in CA with just proof that you had an existing auto policy with other vehicles covered or did you have to present proof that you had the new Tesla VIN listed on the policy at time of delivery?

Once I get a VIN and delivery date, I was hoping that I could just upload my current auto policy and then add the Tesla the day I take delivery. I'm in California.

I had 8 days notice of delivery in Tucson. I bound my insurance to be effective the day of delivery but did it 5 days ahead and was able to get my ID cards ahead that way and upload to the app. They were happy with that. It won't delay you from my experience.
Wow you have my exact configuration ordered a day later. I just got pushed way out. Looks like east coast has a longer wait :(

Reactions: erktrek