Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP Class Action Settlement 7-26-18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla does not get to keep the money from those that opted out. If your goal is to help Tesla it is best to take it and reinvest in some fashion with Tesla
It's not my goal to help Tesla. I wish I could. All I want to do is reserve might rights for the future. If you receive the check from this settlement it limits your options in the future. You probably won't be able to sue for AP2 delays or non-delivery of future features.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
It's not my goal to help Tesla. I wish I could. All I want to do is reserve might rights for the future. If you receive the check from this settlement it limits your options in the future. You probably won't be able to sue for AP2 delays or non-delivery of future features.

Ahhhh sorry for jumping to conclusions. I have no desire to take further (any really) action in regards to EAP.

I am however interested in what our options may be for FSD. There are so many disclaimers that I’m not sure if it is proven that Tesla sold a pig-in-a-poke that we have any rights whatsoever.

• Funny
Reactions: dbldwn02
So I talked to Rob Lopez, one of our attorneys at the firm. He's representing the settlement class. I tried to verify that he received my opt-out letters but he claims he didn't. I sent them 3 weeks ago. Has anyone been able to verify that they opted out?

You can e-mail him here. [email protected]
Please bother the heck out of him. It's what we're paying for.

I'm so pissed right now. He's saying I have no option now since the Sept 6th deadline has passed but I read online that I can go to the hearing in San Jose and speak there. Of course, I can't object to the settlement because I didn't file an objection.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
So I talked to Rob Lopez, one of our attorneys at the firm. He's representing the settlement class. I tried to verify that he received my opt-out letters but he claims he didn't. I sent them 3 weeks ago. Has anyone been able to verify that they opted out?

I'm so pissed right now. He's saying I have no option now since the Sept 6th deadline has passed but I read online that I can go to the hearing in San Jose and speak there. Of course, I can't object to the settlement because I didn't file an objection.

Do you have proof of mailing? It doesn't have to be received by the 6th, just mailed. You should always send a copy directly to the judge as well. I'd draft and letter to the court explaining that you timely mailed an objection and it had been lost in the mail. Include your correspondence with this guy.

Reactions: dbldwn02

Thanks for providing the email address. It took him a few days to respond but he eventually replied and said he received both opt-out requests that we sent via regular mail. If you sent yours certified, maybe the secretary or someone handled them differently and they aren't in the regular opt-out pile?

"Promise" is not a word that is used in marketing, documentation, etc. It's implied, just like this fantastic Elon tweet from 2017:

Elon Musk on Twitter
I must have a problem with the English language, despite it being my native language. Or maybe it's a problem with my eyesight. Still not seeing a "promise" there either.

What I do know is there was a total redesign or their S/W, and that changed their timeline. But everyone knows Elon tends to believe things should go at the speed of light, and taking the development in a vastly different direction blew the point you're trying to make out of the water.

Curious how well the car company you're running is doing...

• Helpful
Reactions: Alset4S
The CEO of Tesla has stated, for example, that "FSD" is months away, over a year ago. What do the people at the Tesla stores say? Would you not say this is misleading?
Can you point to anything in writing you’ve received when you purchased your Tesla (assuming you own one) that provided a definitive timeline that specific S/W features would be turned on?

I didn’t when I researched and purchased my Tesla. I read what was available and understood it. False starts with S/W direction were unfortunate, but progressing.

Sorry, can’t help you with what anyone at a Tesla store says. I was only there once to pickup my car and didn’t need to talk to anyone about anything other than where do I sign, and here’s my check.

And no, the CEO did not say FSD was months away. Perhaps English isn’t your native language? Either that, or you’re believing false arguments others are prone to propagate endlessly.

Can you show where any specific timelines are given for S/W development timelines in it?

Mine says my car comes with EAP and FSD. It didn't and still doesn't. Stop with the straw man argument. While some might not be native English speakers that shouldn't open themselves up to nativist harassment.

Tesla was in the wrong and even they admitted it when they extended the meagre settlement terms to worldwide owners. Why are you fighting something even Tesla admits? Windmills aren't for tilting at, Sancho.