Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've said this elsewhere, but this thread is the most bizarre on all of TMC. Which is saying a lot. Religion, politics, sexism, you name it - it's here. If this were a dinner party, the cops would have been called a long time ago.

THis is the TMZ section of TMC.

And they're out there praying
You'll have a big meltdown
And take them on a little car chase
Through this whole town
They'll be there with you
When you're going to jail
First on the scene
For every wardrobe fail

You just picked up some transvestite
Seconds later
It's up on the website
Get a Vegas wedding
A quickie divorce
And they'll be
Sneaking in
Snapping pictures, of course

And if they ever catch you
Picking your nose
Or storming down the street
On a drunken spree
You're on TMZ

• Funny
Reactions: Lex and neroden
www.cnbc.com/2016/09/02/how-billionaire-tech-mogul-elon-musk-got-his-start.html
how-elon-musk-started-infographic.png

OK, here you go ... The history of the electric car - Car Keys

Electric cars are fascinating. Although once a gimmick - quickly rendered obsolete and impractical – electric vehicles have become a hot topic for manufacturers, with the likes of BMW, Volkswagen and Tesla all looking for a slice of the electric vehicle market share.

But what is the history of the electric car? Where has it been – and where is it going? We take a look back through the history books to see where it all began and how electric car technology has changed over the years. From the days of the first electric car dealership in 1896 to the introduction of the Tesla Roadster in 2006, here is the history of the electric car.

HistoryOfElectricCar640-v01.jpg

A fun page. Everyone note that the small urban car shown was GM's gasoline version. There was an electric version, too, but I had my photo taken in the gas version. You can see the filler cap under my left elbow. I was chair of our university Urban Vehicle Competition team and was attending a conference in 1971, where GM had brought their vehicles. It was hard to take them seriously, and a simply golf cart would have been far more practical.
I drive a Model S today, a car with capabilities that no one could dream of back then.
Ed Hart in GM Urban Vehicle 1971.jpg

A fun page. Everyone note that the small urban car shown was GM's gasoline version. There was an electric version, too, but I had my photo taken in the gas version. You can see the filler cap under my left elbow. I was chair of our university Urban Vehicle Competition team and was attending a conference in 1971, where GM had brought their vehicles. It was hard to take them seriously, and a simply golf cart would have been far more practical.
I drive a Model S today, a car with capabilities that no one could dream of back then. View attachment 192845

I love when fate takes us in unexpected directions. As a GE GRC alum, I was smiling at the car thinking about all the cool things that come out of our labs. And boom, here you come sitting in one! All as a result of me reposting an old infographic and @FlatSix911 calling me out on it. Lol Just cool how things turn out.

They may have been trying to reduce the "Tesla Tesla Tesla Tesla Tesla" part at the end of the infographic, but I'm not sure why they would, as ignoring the importance of the Model S is a glaring omission in any timeline of the electric car.

Model S defines the practical modern EV and made an electric car the best (and now fastest) car in the world. Superchargers sure are a major part of that practicality, but are an accessory to Model S (and now of course X and beyond).

It's sorta like saying the iPhone wasn't revolutionary, but that it came with a really convenient USB charging cable while the other phones still had power bricks (which may or may not be a factual analogy ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: RedP85+
As for the nature of this thread, it should be no other way IMHO.

I'm just still curious to know why there seems to be nothing on the topic of antigravity, space aliens, UFOs, etc. for not only a futurist, but a guy who is trying to get us to another planet.

Elon is a dramatic contrast to Bigelow here, who does not try to hide his interest in any alien / interdimensional tech that may be lying around.

That's a very swanky hallway, but how did you know it's a recent photo? It does look to me like his facial expression has been trained by being around his family for a long holiday, so the timing seems plausible, but that reaction could have been any random interaction from any time.

That's probably a picture from some agency's archives. The hallway behind him could be anywhere in the world.

That's probably a picture from some agency's archives. The hallway behind him could be anywhere in the world.

For sure. Look at the article sitting below the end of this one (about his divorce). Its the same hallway and suit, just a few frames before/after the picture in the SCTY story. The article is dated in March. Given its TMZ, I'm surprised we didn't have an exotic beach shot with his yacht anchored behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.