Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very, very good gif?
And isn't this a perfect picture of what most of us feel. Elon against enemies:
-Oil companies.
-Major car manufacturers. (Especially self-absorbed German luxury car companies - Vorsprung durch Technik - my ass)
-Car distributors.
-Car service garages.
-The press (angry that Tesla does not advertise).
Exiting times - who's going to win - the good vs the "evil empire".

buffett_vs_musk.gif

Especially relevant here in Nevada.

Interesting article about Mr. Buffett in the most recent Economist:

http://www.economist.com/news/busin...p?zid=295&ah=0bca374e65f2354d553956ea65f756e0

(if link doesn't work google "The economist Warren Buffett"). Oddly appropriate "-buff-it-up?" in the http in light of the gif:)

Interesting final paragraph:

"But he is far from a model for how capitalism should be transformed. He is a careful, largely ethical accumulator of capital invested in traditional businesses, preferably with oligopolistic qualities, whereas what America needs right now is more risk-taking, lower prices, higher investment and much more competition. You won’t find much at all about these ideas in Mr Buffett’s shareholder letters."

Sounds like The Economist is talking about Tesla in the latter part of the second to last sentence.

Elon Musk-backed OpenAI Project will get first 'deep learning supercomputer in a box' - TechRepublic

Does anyone know what Elon is doing here with Peter Theil with OpenAI?

Theil is literally the enemy. He's an avid supporter of monopolies, Buffet, and a Presidental nominee that believes coal is the future and climate change is a Chinese conspiracy.

Elon wants to prevent AI from being weaponized and destroying humanity and Theil... The man would seek profit all the way to annihilation.

If someone can give me a good reason to have this guy at the AI safety table, by all means.

Theil being involved reeks of a "coup d tat" one day on the AI limitation front with Elon.

Elon Musk-backed OpenAI Project will get first 'deep learning supercomputer in a box' - TechRepublic

Does anyone know what Elon is doing here with Peter Theil with OpenAI?

Theil is literally the enemy. He's an avid supporter of monopolies, Buffet, and a Presidental nominee that believes coal is the future and climate change is a Chinese conspiracy.

Elon wants to prevent AI from being weaponized and destroying humanity and Theil... The man would seek profit all the way to annihilation.

If someone can give me a good reason to have this guy at the AI safety table, by all means.

Theil being involved reeks of a "coup d tat" one day on the AI limitation front with Elon.

I'm not familiar with Thiel's opinions, but he founded PayPal with Musk and has also invested in SpaceX.

Too late to edit the previous post so here's what I intended to include in it...

Apparently Elon appears in multiple segments in the film, and was interviewed in a big airplane hangar or something. Here's what the review has to say at one point:

"When we return to Musk, he wears a haunted expression. He confides to Herzog that the only dreams he remembers are nightmares. He does not specify what they are."

Some say, if it's possible (with money, what's a trillion or so) then it has already been done.

There are miles of compute power already lined up, at (y)our expense of course. Is a true AI already "alive" in dark ops ?

Speaking of "dark projects" has Elon ever discussed UFOs or gravity control ??? Seems an obvious question.

Is Justine Musk particularly brilliant?
She actually is extremely smart. I've read a certain amount of her writing. There are areas, mostly psychology-related, which she clearly understands way better than her ex-husband.

When it comes to Elon's relationship issues, I always thought this quote from him some time ago might be telling: “I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.” — Elon Musk
Oh good grief, he is sure thinking about it wrong. A marriage is like... hmmm... how can I say this so Musk would understand it... like having an active business partner who owns half your company, 50/50. You make as much time as is needed, and it's variable, because *no decision can be made unless you both agree*. You negotiate everything else, but the time you need to spend on *negotiating* is arbitrarily large, because if you don't come to agreement, nobody wins. IF you really can't agree you have to split the company assets up... i.e. divorce.

Musk hasn't been very good at being the 50% owner of a company either. He seems to like to be the boss.

I think he just does not have the right mindset to be married. With this mindset, the best he's going to do is something like casual dating or friends-with-benefits (whichever he prefers), which might be fine, heck, he might even prefer it. He doesn't seem to have figured this out yet, though.

Re Elon having a quasi eugenics philosophy about highly intelligent people breeding.

Wouldn't Elon search for high IQ women to mate with then?

Instead of tall, thin, white with symmetrical mathematically perfect face?

Is Justine Musk particularly brilliant?

I don't have much go go on except Ashlee Vance's bio of Elon, but Mr. Vance's impression of Justine Musk was that she is intellectual, and was fairly ambitious when she and Elon were dating in college. I suspect that Tallulah Riley is also fairly intelligent, because the story goes that Elon turned down the attentions of many other pretty young women.

It does make me wonder if there was anything to the rumors of Elon Musk and Amber Heard. I was not familiar with Amber Heard, but I watched an old "teenage slasher" horror movie she stared in around 2006 called 'All the Boys Love Mandy Lane', of which I made it through maybe 30-40 minutes (the plot was that lame and predictable). Ms. Heard was ok but not IMO remarkable as an actor. She is however smoulderingly hot. But that ain't enough to sustain a relationship or marriage. Unless she has some intellectual angle of which I'm not aware, I don't see her as Elon's type.

Welcome to the internet, where we have zero boundaries.

And... this just crossed my news feed::Elon Musk Has Been Trying to Get a Date With Amber Heard for 3 Years

The Hollywood Reporter got ahold of leaked correspondence that Musk sent director Robert Rodriguez and others in 2013, when the actress and the tech giant were briefly on set for the same film (Machete Kills). Even then he was trying to get a date with Heard:

“If there is a party or event with Amber, I’d be interested in meeting her just out of curiosity,” Musk wrote. “Allegedly, she is a fan of George Orwell and Ayn Rand … most unusual.”

I don't think my hunch is wrong. I think he really digs chicks who are into ideas and philosophy.

Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.