Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said he was heartless, so I would say 0%..

From everything I've seen Elon likes to quantify and objectify everything. Earlier in this thread someone posted a quote from Elon where he was wondering how many hours a week a woman would want for attention. He lives very much in his head.

Someone who is metaphorically "heart centered" lives for others much more and doesn't intellectualize everything. It's a fuzzier thing that is harder to nail down than someone who lives in their head. Science shows us all of us live in our heads and the terminology used for those who live in their heads is left brain, while those who are more "heart" centered are called right brain.

More recent brain science shows everyone (barring brain injury) uses both sides of their brain. Studies on those who have had brain injuries as well as recent studies with modern anesthetics that allow one side of the brain to be put to sleep shows if someone is operating exclusively from one side of their brain, some pretty weird behavior crops up.

But we still have behavior patterns that are called left or right brained or head and heart people.

Most healthy romantic relationships aren't going to do very well with a lot of over intellectualizing. I have seen relationships between two people who are heavy intellectualizers, but they seem more like a friends with benefits kind of thing than what most people would consider a romantic relationship. Some intellectualizing can help a couple to identify issues and possibly come up with some ideas to work through them, but most relationships suffer with too much head and too little heart.

Elon shows a lot of signs of being very left brained or he lives in his head. He wants a formula for a relationship he can follow, but they don't usually work that way.

That is completely different from someone having passion or even caring about humanity. I have known some people (all of whom were very left brained) who were very passionate about what could be called liberal causes. They believed in things like saving the environment, helping the poor, the sick, etc. But when it came to dealing with people one on one, they were not all that good and in some cases, they would have preferred to not really have to deal with people at all.

Another analogy was they were passionate about the forest, but didn't really care one way or the other about individual trees.

image.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: neroden
Well, that just told me all I need to know about you.

I tend to read that post as commentary on Elon's track record when it comes to physical appearance and his interest in women, not necessarily Cosmacelf's personal opinion.

Yeah, I don't. Read like a fairly straight up stereotyping statement - females who have a big interest in gaming are not going to be physically beautiful.

I asked Google to show me photos of "female starcraft II tournament players", and the results IMO actually support both perspectives. Women who participate in StarCraft II tournaments are in aggregate average in terms of appearance. This should be no surprise, because looks have 0 or close to 0 bearing on how good someone is at playing a fast paced, high pressure real time strategy game. Both the pretty and the plain will play StarCraft II.

So, (1) For any given random female StarCraft II player, the likelihood is that she won't look like a Supermodel, as there is a wide range of how the players appear and (2) A female StarCraft II player could certainly be beautiful.

If Elon Musk wanted to date someone significantly above average in looks, he would have much more likelihood of finding someone in the modeling or acting community, because looks are a substantial part of those areas of work. Based on the Vance bio, the episode of "Divorce Wars" featuring the Elon/Justine divorce, and other sources, my sense is that Elon does go for the exceptionally beautiful women, but looks aren't enough.

fa5.jpg

And... I'm a terrible StarCraft player too. I tried playing the original StarCraft on Battle.net in the late 90's, and pretty much got my ass kicked all the time. I don't know how anyone can move a mouse or click and build stuff so quickly. I'd have 10 zerglings and think I'd be ready to go on the attack, only to be swamped by 20 zealots or 50 marines from my opponents.

Reactions: Johan
I never said he was heartless, so I would say 0%..

You did say: "Elon is all head and little heart."

From everything I've seen Elon likes to quantify and objectify everything. Earlier in this thread someone posted a quote from Elon where he was wondering how many hours a week a woman would want for attention. He lives very much in his head.

The part about him being analytical is likely very correct. That said, we all "live in our head" after all, this is where consciousness resides, where analytical thinking as well as emotions (emotions are part of thinking and intelligence in a big way).

Someone who is metaphorically "heart centered" lives for others much more and doesn't intellectualize everything. It's a fuzzier thing that is harder to nail down than someone who lives in their head. Science shows us all of us live in our heads and the terminology used for those who live in their heads is left brain, while those who are more "heart" centered are called right brain.

Sorry, but this is drivel.

More recent brain science shows everyone (barring brain injury) uses both sides of their brain. Studies on those who have had brain injuries as well as recent studies with modern anesthetics that allow one side of the brain to be put to sleep shows if someone is operating exclusively from one side of their brain, some pretty weird behavior crops up.

Incorrect. Many decades ago it was believed that some aspects of personality resided in specific sides of the brain, this has long ago been debunked. There are no modern anestethics that would "allow one side of the brain to sleep" - that's just pure nonesense. (I'm a medical doctor by trade).

But we still have behavior patterns that are called left or right brained or head and heart people.

No we don't, not in the field of medicine, pschology or neuroscience at least. Perhaps in astrology, homeopathy and other pseudosciences?

Most healthy romantic relationships aren't going to do very well with a lot of over intellectualizing. I have seen relationships between two people who are heavy intellectualizers, but they seem more like a friends with benefits kind of thing than what most people would consider a romantic relationship. Some intellectualizing can help a couple to identify issues and possibly come up with some ideas to work through them, but most relationships suffer with too much head and too little heart.

Elon shows a lot of signs of being very left brained or he lives in his head. He wants a formula for a relationship he can follow, but they don't usually work that way.

That is completely different from someone having passion or even caring about humanity. I have known some people (all of whom were very left brained) who were very passionate about what could be called liberal causes. They believed in things like saving the environment, helping the poor, the sick, etc. But when it came to dealing with people one on one, they were not all that good and in some cases, they would have preferred to not really have to deal with people at all.

Another analogy was they were passionate about the forest, but didn't really care one way or the other about individual trees.

I'd argue that Elon is a person who cares about humanity way more than the average person. He's dedicating his life and all his personal wealth, time and effor, to doing what he believes best serves humanity long term. Perhapes he has a lot more heart than most of us?

You did say: "Elon is all head and little heart."

I was speaking metaphorically.

Incorrect. Many decades ago it was believed that some aspects of personality resided in specific sides of the brain, this has long ago been debunked. There are no modern anestethics that would "allow one side of the brain to sleep" - that's just pure nonesense. (I'm a medical doctor by trade).

I was reading about brain research a while back and it described an experiment where one side of the brain was put to sleep and subjects were presented with ideas that were obviously factually wrong. When one side was anesthetized, a person could spot ideas that were factually wrong quite easily, but couldn't explain why. When the other side was anesthetized, they would accept anything and see no contradictions.

At the moment I can't find a cite about the experiments, but it appears they were using the Wada Test

Wada test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The technique is not new apparently, I had just never heard of it until I read that passage about the brain experiment.

• Informative
I asked Google to show me photos of "female starcraft II tournament players", and the results IMO actually support both perspectives. Women who participate in StarCraft II tournaments are in aggregate average in terms of appearance. This should be no surprise, because looks have 0 or close to 0 bearing on how good someone is at playing a fast paced, high pressure real time strategy game. Both the pretty and the plain will play StarCraft II.

So, (1) For any given random female StarCraft II player, the likelihood is that she won't look like a Supermodel, as there is a wide range of how the players appear and (2) A female StarCraft II player could certainly be beautiful.

If Elon Musk wanted to date someone significantly above average in looks, he would have much more likelihood of finding someone in the modeling or acting community, because looks are a substantial part of those areas of work. Based on the Vance bio, the episode of "Divorce Wars" featuring the Elon/Justine divorce, and other sources, my sense is that Elon does go for the exceptionally beautiful women, but looks aren't enough.
Given he's playing Overwatch recently, if only Mercy or D.Va (she also plays Starcraft) can be real.

Many decades ago it was believed that some aspects of personality resided in specific sides of the brain, this has long ago been debunked. There are no modern anestethics that would "allow one side of the brain to sleep" - that's just pure nonesense. (I'm a medical doctor by trade).
Well at least you can rest the visual cortex of one side by closing one eye. I believe whales sleep this way.

As for Elon's mating rituals, wow folks really now ! First of all there is no accounting for taste. To each their own :D

I think Elon's relationship problems have more to do with available time than choice. He's working 2 full-time CEO jobs between Tesla and SpaceX, and has to find time to spend with his 5 kids on top of that. Anyone he marries is going to be a 3rd priority, and that's not going to fly for the overwhelming majority of people. Then there's the issue of Mars. I can't see many women wanting to leave the comforts of Earth for the cold, rugged frontier existence in a SpaceX Mars colony.

Elon certainly picks a certain type of svelte, good looking woman. I remember thinking a few years ago it couldn't be a coincidence that Talulah Riley somewhat resembled Justine Musk. Amber Heard doesn't have the same resemblance but she's along the same lines.

Personally, I think Elon's next girlfriend should be a professional StarCraft II player who spends an obsessive amount of time playing multiplayer video games. That somewhat takes care of the time problem. A StarCraft II player might also be more amenable to getting in a space ship and living in a Terran Command Center on Mars. En Taro Adun! We require more minerals...

I think I found the perfect gal for our man. Remember Quorra, from Tron Legacy? Not just low, but no maintenance. Gorgeous. Perpetually young. Likes, no, loves cars. And she'll always be able to fight the battles inside the grid, while our protagonist spends his time conquering the battles here on Earth, and shortly, Mars… And if indeed we are living in a simulation anyway, then who's to say that she's any less real than we are?

jNWpz.jpg

Last edited:
Contrast what Elon Musk is doing with what his PayPal Mafia "brother" Peter Thiel is said to be up to:

Peter Thiel Isn't the First to Think Young People's Blood Will Make Him Immortal

Re Elon having a quasi eugenics philosophy about highly intelligent people breeding.
Wouldn't Elon search for high IQ women to mate with then?
Instead of tall, thin, white with symmetrical mathematically perfect face?

Do you really need someone to answer that question?

It all comes down to what Woody Allen said (and I'm paraphrasing): The most beautiful women are usually not the brightest, which proves for certain there is no god.

Last edited:
  • Funny
  • Love
Reactions: Lex and SunCatcher
If he wants to take a "first principles" approach to the problem, he should recognize that finding the right girlfriend for him is a full time job for a skilled professional. If you'd never hire somebody just cuz you happened to bump into them at a bar and you liked their looks, why would you date or marry them?

He should hire a pro to act as a matchmaker. There are Hot Blond Physics PhD chicks out there waiting for the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.