Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any time I tell people that Elon didn't found Tesla they always look at me funny, I don't think I've had anyone believe me yet.

I think I have had more success with that, perhaps because I can relate that Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning are personal friends and former (pre-Tesla) coworkers. I visited Tesla Motors on April 2, 2004 when it consisted of a small office in Menlo Park and three employees, Martin, Marc and Ian Wright. That was just before the angel funding from Elon was arranged.

The distinction of founder was muddied by the settlement of the suit between Martin and Elon which called for them all (plus J.B.) to be designated as "co-founders".

Any time I tell people that Elon didn't found Tesla they always look at me funny, I don't think I've had anyone believe me yet.

I think I have had more success with that, perhaps because I can relate that Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning are personal friends and former (pre-Tesla) coworkers. I visited Tesla Motors on April 2, 2004 when it consisted of a small office in Menlo Park and three employees, Martin, Marc and Ian Wright. That was just before the angel funding from Elon was arranged.

Packet Design alumni, unite!

I do make a point of correcting misconceptions over this issue when they come up in conversation (which can be maddeningly often). I agree that having some shared history with Martin and Marc (at least as former co-workers, it'd be presumptuous for me to claim them as friends) gives some extra weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. Kanye's off the rails. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for him because I think it's looking less and less likely that he's simply an idiot and more likely that he's actually mentally ill.

I tend to agree with your assessment. My only point of disagreement with your statement is that you seem to be more understanding of mentally ill than of idiots. I'd like to think that both states are serious inflictions.

I tend to agree with your assessment. My only point of disagreement with your statement is that you seem to be more understanding of mentally ill than of idiots. I'd like to think that both states are serious inflictions.
Well, the mentally ill can often be helped... but you can't fix stupid.

I wonder if the developer of this bit of software could make it user-configurable and allow you to also block Kanye...: KardBlock - Chrome Web Store

Status
Not open for further replies.