Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it’s as good as I’ve imagined it to be, being a fly on the wall. Eh?

I like this quote! Does it mean what I think it means? That casting judgments on others from afar without any real skin in the game of life is akin to be as consequential as a fly? Like, a sarcastic way of pointing out smug intellectualism? if that’s what you mean, i sincerely love this quote!

I should point out that I don’t actually believe what I wrote about Elon and his mom, but it was worth saying for this tasty quote @Krugerrand !

Maye has been one of the top female models for the last few years and works constantly. She's pretty epic.

Maye Musk (@mayemusk) • Instagram photos and videos

I thought I had read she went back to modelling a few years back. I'm pretty sure she was retired when Elon and his siblings were young.

Just looked at her Wikipedia page to see if it showed her years active. Turns out we share a birthday, though she's a bit older...

It's still on TMZ

On my computer it said it had been taken down.

Man his car looks sweeeet in that video... Black with arachnids...

I wonder if he got them legitimately through the referral program? ;)

Funny, I heard Elon gave her a custom model X for mother’s day.... a Model Oedipus re)X that is.....

I kid I kid....just a little Freudian humor.

I actually have no idea about Elon and his dear old mum.... I haven’t read his biography or anything...

i think Elon is fantastic, one of the few people I admire. But I know everyone waits anxiously to hear who I admire, so there you have it TMC.... you’re welcome.

I recommend the biography by Ashlee Vance. I listened to the audio version on a road trip:
https://www.amazon.com/Elon-Musk-Sp...UTF8&qid=1526267158&sr=8-3&keywords=elon+musk

Though unfortunately it was before I got my Model S.

I like this quote! Does it mean what I think it means? That casting judgments on others from afar without any real skin in the game of life is akin to be as consequential as a fly? Like, a sarcastic way of pointing out smug intellectualism? if that’s what you mean, i sincerely love this quote!

I should point out that I don’t actually believe what I wrote about Elon and his mom, but it was worth saying for this tasty quote @Krugerrand !

Dual meaning. What you elude to about flies being inconsequential in life (unless of course you’re on a picnic) and as well people always talk about wanting to be a fly on the wall so they can know what’s going on behind people’s closed doors, which is none of their business but who doesn’t love gossip?

And I knew you were just joking.

352D965D-40B7-4962-A7D6-F75408374300.jpeg

EPIC!

• Funny
Reactions: buttershrimp
I thought I had read she went back to modelling a few years back. I'm pretty sure she was retired when Elon and his siblings were young.
I saw her in an ad on the idiot box a few weeks ago... I think it might have been Maybelline cosmetics, can't remember. I was fast-forwarding, and stopped and went back to check it was her.

Looks like Elon is having a meltdown on Twitter. I am a huge Tesla and Elon fan, and I understand that media is grossly unfair to Tesla. But his anti-media rant will only increase this, right ? And will lead to further clickbait articles, starting a vicious cycle.

Was just coming here to say that. Like, I like Tesla in general, I like Elon, in general, and in general I do think Tesla is under a tighter microscope than others, but

When you over promise, under deliver, and put yourself out there like Tesla/Elon do, you are going to get smacked, rightly, wrongly, or indifferently. While some things are unfair, there are plenty, plenty plenty that are. There are tons of sketchy things from reported working conditions, the unionize issues, and of course, chronic and laughable timelines and production quotas not even coming within the zip code of the ballpark he says out of his own damn mouth.

Also, and yeah, him coming off unhinged to a media that wants clicks, boy, here is a bunch right here. Maybe maybe he turns that around into a calculated indictment of media. But really, he comes off looking insane (to me). Like, I can't imagine the CEOs of Ford, GM, Apple, Microsoft, Google going off on the media like he is right now and all those companies have plenty to be nit picked about. Some people handle this *sugar* like a pro, Elon showing he clearly can't.

Looks like Elon is having a meltdown on Twitter. I am a huge Tesla and Elon fan, and I understand that media is grossly unfair to Tesla. But his anti-media rant will only increase this, right ? And will lead to further clickbait articles, starting a vicious cycle.

I agree, and why was it even necessary?

With each week comes a new Tesla related story, and the last one is mostly forgotten about.

So why bring up old news?

I read sites like Wired, TheVerge, Arstechnica, and I haven't seen unfair journalism. Mostly what I see is the same thing being repeated over, and over by the media. Where no one has the time/energy/money to research anything so they mostly just repeat things.

It's not that they are unfair to Tesla, but that Tesla has the highest visibility and it requires the least of amount of effort to report about. Heck Elon himself writes half the story simply by reacting in the worst possible manner to things that happen.

He needs to spend the next 6-12 months focusing on rebuilding HIS credibility as it's taken a massive hit over the last few months.

It has worked for Trump. I doubt Elon would be doing this if he any doubts about Tesla doing really well this year with the Model 3 rollout. He knows he will be able to stomp on the negative press soon enough. He is relishing it.

Reactions: FlatSix911
It has worked for Trump. I doubt Elon would be doing this if he any doubts about Tesla doing really well this year with the Model 3 rollout. He knows he will be able to stomp on the negative press soon enough. He is relishing it.

I've said it for a long time, Elon and Trump are very close to the same person, but I prefer Elon's way to prevail is really the only difference in my mind.

• Disagree
Reactions: abasile

It really hasn't worked for Trump. Negative stories about him have multiplied and his popularity hasn't really gone up, nor has he gained new supporters. Tesla, as a business, cannot afford the polarization, as they need their addressable market to include everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.