Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.61 brought about a few new bugs for me:

Radio does not stay muted on re-entering the car.
From time to time when actuating the door hadles with the keyfob the fog lights will come on.

It has always been the case (for me a least) that the radio returned to previous level on re-entering the car. Also IIRC the lights come on briefly when the handles present (although that might be because my car is in a garage).

It has always been the case (for me a least) that the radio returned to previous level on re-entering the car. Also IIRC the lights come on briefly when the handles present (although that might be because my car is in a garage).

Interesting...the Radio (any audio source) coming on automatically when entering the car (not every time BTW), when put on mute on exiting, is definitely new for me with .61.
I can not say I remember the fog lights ever coming on unlocking the car but I can not be certain.

I returned from vacation yesterday and had the .61 update waiting for me. I installed it yesterday afternoon -- the first one I've been able to do (the car was previously updated from .38 to .48 by the service center). It looked like it was successful, and the about screen shows its on .61.

But the car put up a message the next time I got in the car (an hour or so later) saying that the update had failed and it would need try to install again, and would let me know when it was avail. But nothing this morning, and all functions appear to be working correctly.

Anyone else had this? I may just wait a few days unless I notice any other issues, and then call Ownership...

a couple of issues I noticed after the .61 update.
  • putting car into park to extend handles stopped working. worked before the update (and yes, I rebooted the console).
  • horn stopped working from the wheel pad. still works via the app.

a couple of issues I noticed after the .61 update.
  • putting car into park to extend handles stopped working. worked before the update (and yes, I rebooted the console).
  • horn stopped working from the wheel pad. still works via the app.

I had the "handle stop extending issue" after the update prior to .61, but they eventually started working again. Give it a couple of days (seriously).

So, in summary, .61 is a bug-ridden mess and should be avoided?

No, it's mostly working just fine. I have two minor issues that have appeared since its installation:

• Homelink menu popping down causes rear view camera image to disappear if you have it displayed in the top panel. Slightly annoying, 100% repeatable, but fairly easily worked around (i.e. force the menu back up again)
  • Twice now my rear left door handle has failed to retract properly

Since there haven't been any reports on updates later than .61, it appears that may be the final and "stable" 4.5 release.

I had a small problem after installation with passenger door handles extruding while the driver side handles were retracted. The local SC tracked that down to the firmware update not being complete for all subsystems - and after they forced another .61 update to the entire car, the problem has gone away.

So if you're having problems, I suggest you first try rebooting the dashboard and central console - and if that doesn't fix the problem, have the local SC check out the issue - and see if they need to re-apply the .61 update.