Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2 poll to say when you got it

On which model have you received the 6.2 firmware update?

• Classic Model S

Votes: 98 37.7%
  • Auto-pilot model S

Votes: 57 21.9%
  • Dual-drive (non perf)

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • P85D

Votes: 84 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, apologies is "stopped" was the improper term to use. You can substitute "paused" if you prefer...
nono, that wasn't my issue. Stopped, paused, whatever.
I haven't seen evidence that they are quicker in restarting after having stopped/paused. And that's what I was asking you about. Or maybe I just completely misunderstood your post. Wouldn't be the first time today.

Ah, got it. It was just a casual observation during the 6.0-6.1 rollout compared to 5.x. No empirical data or basis. I remember waiting forever for that update because it contained sleep mode and improved SpC performance. I didn't get until the time 5.8, or whatever it was that disabled low suspension, was rolled out. Seemed like there would be weeks on end without OTA reports.

Comparing that experience to 6.x, 6.x has been much smoother. Granted, there were several iterations, but they seemed to be pushed out much more quickly when bugs were discovered.

Ah, got it. It was just a casual observation during the 6.0-6.1 rollout compared to 5.x. No empirical data or basis. I remember waiting forever for that update because it contained sleep mode and improved SpC performance. I didn't get until the time 5.8, or whatever it was that disabled low suspension, was rolled out. Seemed like there would be weeks on end without OTA reports.

Comparing that experience to 6.x, 6.x has been much smoother. Granted, there were several iterations, but they seemed to be pushed out much more quickly when bugs were discovered.
Gotcha. Completely agree. The velocity of rollout clearly increased, starting around early February (that may be just my perception, though, as that's when I started to spend a lot more time here, again).
I find it fascinating how we can now see the pause. And I can't wait to watch the restart phase.

Ran into a new issue. I have a 12V battery warning message and a new version of SW to install. The car will start the installation process, but then states it is unable to complete it after a few minutes. I called service and the new version will not install with a weak 12V battery. Getting the new battery next week and will have to wait for the update until then... :frown:

No one has reported a new sub-version, yet. We have three reports from today, all on .136

I'm not going to go back through the threads to check, but is it possible that it was only people with .124 (and thus Ds) that were reporting the nav issues? If so .136 might have already had the nav issue resolved, and the pause in distribution could have just been a pause to confirm no additional bugs were present.

I could easily be mistaken, and the nav issue could have existed in .124 and .136. I'm just throwing this out as a possibility while being too lazy (actually too busy right now) to go back to research it.

I don't know whether to see it as auspicious or ominous that I just got the 6.2 update today, a day before my road trip from Denver to Portland via California (including a stop in Fremont for the factory tour). It's build 2.4.136 on VIN 52770, a vanilla S85.

I tried out some nav scenarios, was annoyed like everyone else about the other superchargers being deleted when a trip is active, was gratified to see that you can turn off Trip Planner if it gets annoying. I'll post a trip report in a week or so. Considering that I took off for the East Coast two days after I got the car, I'm pretty much over that whole range anxiety thing, but the Trip Planner should add an additional comfort layer.

I noticed they added a suggestion of mine -- the ability to select a new place to navigate by press-and-hold on the screen. Tesla listens!

My Nov. 2013 Model S Classic got the update yesterday and installed overnight. From the poll it looks like they're catching up.

All my saved navigation favorites are hosed. Made me cranky this morning. All of them now redirect to a mangling of my home address (it substitutes an "East" for a "West").

And here another instance of my regular reminder... please take a moment and add your car to the Firmware Upgrade Tracker - it seems that a lot of people have started getting 6.2 / .136 since yesterday, but we have only half a dozen entries in the database. It really helps us understand what Tesla is doing if everyone who receives the update is kind enough to enter their data.