Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently even as the driver, I always looked to the 17" screen for the temperature. Since they deleted it from there and put it back on the dash I still find myself looking to the 17" screen first before I remember it is only on the dash now.

Yeah, im inclined to say that Tesla got it right the first time by putting it on the 17" and making it accessible to all passengers. Then folks cried out that they needed it on the IC as well. I'd say both, but if we can't have that, then definitely the MCU should get priority for displaying temp.

Yeah, im inclined to say that Tesla got it right the first time by putting it on the 17" and making it accessible to all passengers. Then folks cried out that they needed it on the IC as well. I'd say both, but if we can't have that, then definitely the MCU should get priority for displaying temp.
Agreed. I also look at the 17" screen first.

Why do we still not have Inside Temperature?
Because if the reading is not exactly as set by the user, we will see tons of complaints. Tesla wants to keep it subjective. It is supposed to be accurate to the .19 deg. if you can feel it.:tongue: One smart programmer told me they are still working on an analog thermometer for display on the main screen so that everyone in the car can see it clearly even from the back seat :biggrin:

Like I said :wink: It doesn't matter what the reading is, it is how you feel, according to the UI architect.

Well, think about this too... they would probably put sensor/thermometer somewhere in/around dash. They could not put a sensor/thermometer where you and your passengers sit. So it would never reflect your perceived temperature. Granted, they could put a bunch of them around the cabin and then sample for an average temp. But, is that really the feature you want them spending a lot of money and engineering on? Not me. Leave it as it is.

Well, think about this too... they would probably put sensor/thermometer somewhere in/around dash. They could not put a sensor/thermometer where you and your passengers sit. So it would never reflect your perceived temperature. Granted, they could put a bunch of them around the cabin and then sample for an average temp. But, is that really the feature you want them spending a lot of money and engineering on? Not me. Leave it as it is.

See my post #1265.:wink: My point was, no need for interior temperature reading.

With 2.9.12 my heater is working as 2.5.71 (6.2) was in my car. Sadly, last night while driving in 40 degree weather, I found out I have a draft coming from the driver door. The air is blowing hot from the heater, but my left side was freezing because of the cold draft. I'll be reaching out to the service center on Monday.

With 2.9.12 my heater is working as 2.5.71 (6.2) was in my car. Sadly, last night while driving in 40 degree weather, I found out I have a draft coming from the driver door. The air is blowing hot from the heater, but my left side was freezing because of the cold draft. I'll be reaching out to the service center on Monday.
When I got my car I had a noticeable draft coming from the small triangle windows, so much that my left hand would get very cold while driving. Service centre added some new seals to the bottom edge of that window and the draft went away completely. Turns out though that they didn't install them correctly, so the amount of wind noise I was experiencing increased dramatically, next ranger visit (for an unrelated issue) fixed that part.

When I got my car I had a noticeable draft coming from the small triangle windows, so much that my left hand would get very cold while driving. Service centre added some new seals to the bottom edge of that window and the draft went away completely. Turns out though that they didn't install them correctly, so the amount of wind noise I was experiencing increased dramatically, next ranger visit (for an unrelated issue) fixed that part.

Yeah. They "fixed" my triangle windows on Monday. 5 days later I find the same draft. And I'm in Florida now, so hopefully they can fix before my drive up rather than potentially say "what problem is that" because it's never cold enough here to notice. :(

The car already has an internal temperature reading. It might not be
the exact internal temperature everywhere inside the car, but just the
temperature value that the car uses to regulate heating and cooling.

Presumably it is used now to regulate the heating and cooling turn-off points.
Presumably it is what is sometimes reported on the Climate page of the Tesla app.

So, just display it, like "110o 135i F" or "52o 40i F" both in the car and in the app.

Knowing the battery temperatures would also be useful.