Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else not received the update? I am still waiting. In CA. Tesla Rep, told me 2-3 days from launch.
Most people have not received the update yet, and if a Tesla rep said 2-3 days from launch that belongs in the thread of stupid things Tesla reps said. Most major updates have rolled out over a week or two if not longer.
You can keep track of which types of cars and how many on the firmware tracker site ev-fw.com. And be sure to enter yours when you do get it.

Has anyone else not received the update? I am still waiting. In CA. Tesla Rep, told me 2-3 days from launch.

I would honestly expect a week or two. Right now, ev-fw shows 90 or so out of 500+ tracked cars have gotten it. Teslalog shows a similar ratio. It seems like tethering the car to wifi gives you a higher chance of receiving the update, but visiting service centers (geofencing) does not.

Overall, I would just be patient and wait, and say to yourself that suckers like me are the guinea pigs flushing out any bugs that Tesla didn't find.

Reactions: bmah
Darn it. I have no wifi where I park my vehicle (basement of a condo building) or at work (similar), yet I have full strength access all day today while parked at one of my children's activities. Of course, there is a massive slow down today of all days. Not that there was ever any guarantee of it getting pushed to me this early.

I got my S60 no autopilot Monday. Wednesday I got an update. Friday I got 8.0. If this is mostly about Autopilot, I don't know why I got it early. I don't have enough experience with the car to comment either way on improvement/ Unimprovement.

I got my S60 no autopilot Monday. Wednesday I got an update. Friday I got 8.0. If this is mostly about Autopilot, I don't know why I got it early. I don't have enough experience with the car to comment either way on improvement/ Unimprovement.
Hey, be happy! You have a new MS, live on the Big Island, and have a great toy that is already ahead of many of us mainland-types, with a few new things you didn't have a week ago! Pretty awesome luck, I'd say -- without even trying! :) Aloha!

Reactions: msnow
How can you even see that through a router log?

I'm sure it depends on your router/router firmware as to whether you can see that kind of detail.

The update came in to my Model S in the wee hours of the morning Friday and my router logs show about 220 MB was received starting around 2 AM. The software update notification showed up on my phone around 5 AM.

Screenshot 2016-09-25 20.09.19.png