Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope this one fixes homelink. Mine hasn't worked since last update despite multiple attempts to reset. My next attempt will be a complete delete and re-link. Also hope it fixes the nav not staying muted. Even when I turn the volume down in Nav, it starts to talk again on the next trip.
70D AP1 hardware and just installed 2017.42 a88c8d5 (Mirrors, Homelink, Camping mode changes)

Sad news :( . I pulled the latest update of firmware the other day and want to give a heads up to others.

Lately Tesla updates have been getting sketchy on my 2013 Model S 85. The most recent update broke the climate system such that now the heater doesn't work. Also the search function is broken for internet radio. I'm sure there are more things that are going to cause headaches. I know, broken internet radio sounds like a real first world problem.

I take the car in on Monday to get it looked at, this will be the 7th time this year (last year was excellent for reliability!). If you're one of those people like me that believes "the only version is the latest version" of software, you might hold off on the Tesla updates for a bit.

As usual, I complain about my software not updating and Tesla targets my car for the update. Got it this morning after 12 weeks of no updates.

I'm concerned about whether I'll ever get updates once my warranty expires in a few months.

FWIW same thing happened to me. My S100D just got the update overnight, after weeks of trying to get something newer than 2017.34.

Sad news :( . I pulled the latest update of firmware the other day and want to give a heads up to others.

Lately Tesla updates have been getting sketchy on my 2013 Model S 85. The most recent update broke the climate system such that now the heater doesn't work. Also the search function is broken for internet radio. I'm sure there are more things that are going to cause headaches. I know, broken internet radio sounds like a real first world problem.

I take the car in on Monday to get it looked at, this will be the 7th time this year (last year was excellent for reliability!). If you're one of those people like me that believes "the only version is the latest version" of software, you might hold off on the Tesla updates for a bit.
Not contradicting your experience by any stretch but want to get on record that my 2013 85 updated to latest with no issues and no major issues through last 2 years of ownership.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Last night we got the upgrade to 2017.44 02fdc86, which has the "Chill" mode and one of the features I have been waiting for, "Easy entry for drivers", which allows steering wheel and driver's seat to move out of the way when Park is engaged.

Reactions: Ken7
Well, I was hoping 2017.42 would fix the Homelink issue. It has fixed the signal issue but has introduced a new issue.

The geofencing is not working properly.

In my case, when I leave Home, the garage closes as programmed. My gate, about 150ft away, is not recognized when leaving. My garage "icon" still shows green and my gate "icon" never turns green.

Upon return, everything works as it should.

I have reset the location and reprogrammed the gate location and no joy.