TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Firmware 8.1

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jjh1234, Aug 20, 2017.

1. mkellock

mkellock Member

70D AP1 hardware and just installed 2017.42 a88c8d5 (Mirrors, Homelink, Camping mode changes)

2. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

@HankLloydRight I was hoping this one would be called “THE answer”, or “Deep Thought”?

;)

Context for the unaware: It’s a popular number in many regards, though most appropriately in the context of Douglas Adams HHGTTG
    And, yes, Elon’s a fan, hence it’s an Easter egg

3. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Supporting Member

Hope this one fixes homelink. Mine hasn't worked since last update despite multiple attempts to reset. My next attempt will be a complete delete and re-link. Also hope it fixes the nav not staying muted. Even when I turn the volume down in Nav, it starts to talk again on the next trip.

4. fehguy

fehguy New Member

Sad news :( . I pulled the latest update of firmware the other day and want to give a heads up to others.

Lately Tesla updates have been getting sketchy on my 2013 Model S 85. The most recent update broke the climate system such that now the heater doesn't work. Also the search function is broken for internet radio. I'm sure there are more things that are going to cause headaches. I know, broken internet radio sounds like a real first world problem.

I take the car in on Monday to get it looked at, this will be the 7th time this year (last year was excellent for reliability!). If you're one of those people like me that believes "the only version is the latest version" of software, you might hold off on the Tesla updates for a bit.

• Informative x 2
  5. rory breaker

rory breaker Member

Hate that.

6. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Supporting Member

Both Nav voice and Homelink issues have been resolved in my car after this update. So far anyway.

• Informative x 2
  7. MileHighMotoring

As usual, I complain about my software not updating and Tesla targets my car for the update. Got it this morning after 12 weeks of no updates.

I'm concerned about whether I'll ever get updates once my warranty expires in a few months.

8. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

FWIW same thing happened to me. My S100D just got the update overnight, after weeks of trying to get something newer than 2017.34.

9. MileHighMotoring

My car hasn't gotten updates on it's own in a year. Only when I bring it in or complain on the forums, then magically I get the update. It's obvious they've disabled updates on my car and they have to be applied manually by someone at corporate.

• Funny x 1
  10. doofenshmirtz

doofenshmirtz Member

Not contradicting your experience by any stretch but want to get on record that my 2013 85 updated to latest with no issues and no major issues through last 2 years of ownership.

• Helpful x 1
  11. Mike Prachar

Mike Prachar Member

Has anyone else had Bluetooth issues since 2017.42 a88c8d5? My 2014 S85 now drops the BT multiple times per drive. It has never done this before over the 2+ years I've had it....

• Like x 1
  12. PrGrPa

PrGrPa Member

Are you using iOS 11.x? Tesla firmware might not be the problem if so. I’ve had frequent dropouts in my current car (MB) since changing to iOS 11.

13. sakimano

sakimano Member

what'd you do?

sounds a little tinfoil hatty...just not sure of your history as I'm a noob

14. Mike Prachar

Mike Prachar Member

No - I'm Android. I've never had problems across a bunch of phones. I also just got a new phone yesterday and it does the exact same thing.

15. PrGrPa

PrGrPa Member

That’s pesky. Hopefully the next update will fix things for you.

16. MileHighMotoring

I'm probably considered a "nuisance customer" because I have a Model S "with lots of annoying problems they've never been able to fix so I have been at the Service Center dozens of times"..

17. P100Diddy

P100Diddy Member

What’s the version number that’s got the chill?

18. jjh1234

jjh1234 Member

19. MYB_S90D

MYB_S90D Member

Last night we got the upgrade to 2017.44 02fdc86, which has the "Chill" mode and one of the features I have been waiting for, "Easy entry for drivers", which allows steering wheel and driver's seat to move out of the way when Park is engaged.

• Like x 1
  20. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Well, I was hoping 2017.42 would fix the Homelink issue. It has fixed the signal issue but has introduced a new issue.

The geofencing is not working properly.

In my case, when I leave Home, the garage closes as programmed. My gate, about 150ft away, is not recognized when leaving. My garage "icon" still shows green and my gate "icon" never turns green.

Upon return, everything works as it should.

I have reset the location and reprogrammed the gate location and no joy.