Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware update 2018.14.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking forward to this too for no other reason than 2018.12 has caused numerous MCU reboots which can be quite annoying.

I can say with certainty that 2018.10 doesn't have any of those reboot problems, nor does it have any of those crazy autopilot quirks that you folks with 2018.10.4+ are experiencing, or problems with that new fangled navigation, or issues with web pages loading so fast I can't concentrate..

But I'm not bitter or anything....

• Funny
Reactions: brkaus
Installed 14.2 this morning (MCU2 100D). On my way to work I was in Autopilot and manually merged lanes by turning the steering wheel, which I normally do. I got a red alert on the IC with corresponding alert noise saying to take over immediately because i was drifting out of the lane. First time i've ever seen this.

Installed 14.2 this morning (MCU2 100D). On my way to work I was in Autopilot and manually merged lanes by turning the steering wheel, which I normally do. I got a red alert on the IC with corresponding alert noise saying to take over immediately because i was drifting out of the lane. First time i've ever seen this.
I’m on 2018.12 and I see this occasionally. Exactly as you describe.

Yeah this happens once in a while on most recent updates. It's falsely triggering the "you just disconnected Autopilot but seem to not be making significant steering inputs" alert.

You can reduce it by making a more prominent/assertive lane change or some other input after disengaging autopilot. Doing a lazy drift over has a higher chance of triggering this reminder.

(I wish people wouldn't crash their cars after disengaging Autopilot...)

• Helpful
Reactions: brkaus

It's exactly what I have many times a day, and it's driving me crazy but Tesla keeps making up excuses and not telling me how to fix it. I managed to take a video of it, and it happens 3 times within 30 minutes. They've told me I'm not holding the wheel (You can clearly see me holding the wheel to do the lange change), told me it's a side collision warning (happens when there is nothing around), "not a bug, it's in the manual" (but fail to show me where it is in the manual). I'm getting so sick of it, as it's dangerous too - it scares me and in addition it turns my steering wheel a bit as well. Under no circumstance should it be doing that when I've taken it off autosteer manually by turning the wheel.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
It's exactly what I have many times a day, and it's driving me crazy but Tesla keeps making up excuses and not telling me how to fix it. I managed to take a video of it, and it happens 3 times within 30 minutes. They've told me I'm not holding the wheel (You can clearly see me holding the wheel to do the lange change), told me it's a side collision warning (happens when there is nothing around), "not a bug, it's in the manual" (but fail to show me where it is in the manual). I'm getting so sick of it, as it's dangerous too - it scares me and in addition it turns my steering wheel a bit as well. Under no circumstance should it be doing that when I've taken it off autosteer manually by turning the wheel.

Try using your turn signal perhaps?

Jeff

EDIT: So apparently I can't see/hear... :p

Last edited:
I can say with certainty that 2018.10 doesn't have any of those reboot problems, nor does it have any of those crazy autopilot quirks that you folks with 2018.10.4+ are experiencing, or problems with that new fangled navigation, or issues with web pages loading so fast I can't concentrate..

But I'm not bitter or anything....

I’m on 2018.10.4 and get the MCU reboot (while driving) every other day and sometimes while parked/charging (in addition to those driving reboots)...