Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Signature and First Production Delivery in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any other non-sig orders get this change from 'We're currently sourcing parts...' to this?

Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 2.07.58 PM.png

Ours has changed as well. I suspect it means all the parts are sourced so now wait, we haven't forgotten you. Really if they were a customer service focused company it would say "Scheduled for production September 9" for example. So my question is just when is it scheduled for 2015?

Ours has changed as well. I suspect it means all the parts are sourced so now wait, we haven't forgotten you. Really if they were a customer service focused company it would say "Scheduled for production September 9" for example. So my question is just when is it scheduled for 2015?

My page has updated as well to " place in the production queue"
Very exciting and I hope it actually means something.
I have no idea how some of you chaps have waited years for this car without going nuts!
jim

I just came across a 'what's hot' post on Google+ and it was from someone who just went for a test drive in Melbourne.

He said, amongst other things, that he was told that deliveries will start in January 2015. Now, hopefully what he meant was that if you order now you will get delivery in January but the way things are going right now, and especially considering ISBROWN's comments, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't going to be any deliveries for anyone until January.

My Signature car has been listed as 'in production' now for almost a month. I have sent emails quering this to various Tesla staff with absolutely no response for over a week.

With regards to the mass status change to 'in production queue', I think that is a red herring - just someone decided to change the wording - and means nothing with regards to being any closer to production.

It is very odd that since DBORN not another forum member's car has gone into production and it has now been weeks.

I would posit that a hold has been put on production for Australia now that they have realised that they are so far from being in a position to launch that there is simply no point in sending any more cars here.

I think that " sourcing parts" is a ridiculous terminology and that they have simply made the substitution. It means exactly the same thing. I wrote to Jerome a few days ago asking about delivery and launch. Very unusually for him, I got no reply at all. I have had lots of communication with him earlier this year and last. It would be nice if Stone or someone else here contacted us all and explained what if anything is going on, and perhaps put some rumours to rest.

Judging by other posts on TMC and Tesla forum the change from sourcing parts to production queue seems to be global, not just for a batch of Aussie cars. Therefore, unfortunately, I also conclude it means nothing and we all need to go back in to Tesla hibernation!

I just came across a 'what's hot' post on Google+ and it was from someone who just went for a test drive in Melbourne.

He said, amongst other things, that he was told that deliveries will start in January 2015. Now, hopefully what he meant was that if you order now you will get delivery in January but the way things are going right now, and especially considering ISBROWN's comments, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't going to be any deliveries for anyone until January.

My Signature car has been listed as 'in production' now for almost a month. I have sent emails quering this to various Tesla staff with absolutely no response for over a week.

With regards to the mass status change to 'in production queue', I think that is a red herring - just someone decided to change the wording - and means nothing with regards to being any closer to production.

It is very odd that since DBORN not another forum member's car has gone into production and it has now been weeks.

I would posit that a hold has been put on production for Australia now that they have realised that they are so far from being in a position to launch that there is simply no point in sending any more cars here.

Call me an optimist but I think this guy has it wrong. My hunch is that the first signature cars will be delivered after Japan start getting their cars. I am certain that all of us on this forum who ordered early will get our cars this year.

Pity about the status not meaning anything though.