Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no Idea how long to report issues once you have accepted. I am more concerned with accepting the car If I would have refused it. Like finding out that there are multiple noticeable paint chip or scratch fixes which were done ( badly) If its just a lite rain I should be able to give it a good look over . If the rain is too heavy and I have no cover I'll ask to push out delivery a couple days or pass if they refuse.
Maybe take a shammy and ask them to move it into the service bay so you can inspect it.

So for all those sorry folks like myself who have deliveries schedualed for this weekend while that Storm is rolling through, whats your plan for testing everything and checking for issues without having a flood car. ?

I am going to have a parka and Umbrella ( depending upon how much lightning) and hpe for the best . I am kind of hoping they push the weekend deliveries out a couple days or I may try to get up there later today or early Firday to give it a look if its there. I don't have high hopes of actually being able to see any paint issues in the rain
After 8 months and 15 days I expect I'm going to be pretty liberal with my discerning eye toward issues. Picking up tomorrow mid morning in West Palm, the real rain expected later in day I believe. Altho there are reports (such as yours) of issues beyond the pale, I have also read numerous things about Fremont quality level over time improvements, so am going in expecting a good build (the old positive attitude deal. Will just be happy to drive away from the SC /dark clouds and hoping not to have to revisit too many times in the future.
Funny how things work...when I ordered I waited until Sept to 'ensure' a delivered vehicle with 4680s, and almost 9 months later its still a Fremont build - but with several additional goodies (12V battery replacement, Rysen, etc).
Luck to all in Florida picking up this weekend......

Reactions: CF22
After 8 months and 15 days I expect I'm going to be pretty liberal with my discerning eye toward issues. Picking up tomorrow mid morning in West Palm, the real rain expected later in day I believe. Altho there are reports (such as yours) of issues beyond the pale, I have also read numerous things about Fremont quality level over time improvements, so am going in expecting a good build (the old positive attitude deal. Will just be happy to drive away from the SC /dark clouds and hoping not to have to revisit too many times in the future.
Funny how things work...when I ordered I waited until Sept to 'ensure' a delivered vehicle with 4680s, and almost 9 months later its still a Fremont build - but with several additional goodies (12V battery replacement, Rysen, etc).
Luck to all in Florida picking up this weekend......
@Stumpie Check the roof glass - My neighbor just picked up and didnt notice the roof was cracked

Reactions: Stumpie
Hey all. First time visiting this thread. Haven’t really left March order date thread ha. Order info and EDD in sig.

Fingers crossed I don’t get bumped another week.

Bhubba I have full front PPF lined up with a local company. Will be going with STEK DYNOshield. Has self healing built in. Will do Feynlab Heal Lite ceramic coating on the rest of the car. Has very surprising healing abilities.

I believe I’ll look into it. Don’t know for sure yet.
No - i figure that with the price of PPF and the fact it starts to look faded in a few years, at least thats what I read, I can have the car repainted cheaper. I had my wifes Mustang completely repainted and color changed for $3K

Ive had my M3 since Nov and not a scratch on it, I do put a quality wax on it monthly so bugs wipe right off.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I ordered my MYLR White on White in November 2021.
My EDD: Nov 2022- Feb 2023
Is this normal? Does anyone have a similar EDD?
Dont focus to much on EDD they jump around all the time. I ordered in Oct
Had EDD's Dec 2021 - Oct 2022 and every month in between
Ive had 4 2 week windows and now Im getting my car this month, Confirmed with Tesla its in transit