Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am more concerned with te incompentency of these SC's and the damage they may do installing the ECU's then the delay.

The horror stories I hear about Mach-E repairs in Florida makes me terrified of bringing any EV for any type of electronics fix. EV6 and Ioniq 5 are too new and most of the problems are a lack of parts (3+ month waits).

Reactions: Teleezen
My model Y drives fine, charges fine.
I for one am not paralyzed by a vast series of crises that _never_ occur

My first EV was a Sebring CitiCar mfg by Bob Beaumont, Sebring Florida.
looked like a wedge of blue cheese and 48v Flooded PbA with a "ginormous" resistor to bleed excess, mechanical relays to flip from 12v to 24v to 48v
a 3.5hp motor, 100% plastic body you could whack with a club and it would bounce back, 25mph ok yeah.
almost bought an ElCar that was based on a Fiat 500 chassis, 36v, looked like an orange cube, really slow...
my second Ev was a 48v Kewit out of Denmark, it was at Burning man once with previous owner
destroyed 2 sets of flooded PbA batteries the D8's, very expensive
next Volt destroyed in ElPaso at first stop light in 90 miles, guy behind me didnt stop but we did
next Prius prime plug in with 25 mile electric range

now the Tesla Y with lots of interior room. it works

Reactions: FlyerDude
My Tesla sales associate just reached out and said that the Orlando location is expecting to receive the charging port ECU parts this weekend. Still do hard set delivery date though. I guess they somehow now have tracking and eyesight on the parts now? Either way, looks like parts are arriving in across the country to the service centers. Hang in there everyone who has their car in a holding lot for the past month!

Reactions: voxel
Car is at Mario's (E1 Auto Spa) getting tint and I accidentally forgot to bring a keycard so I had to leave my phone and damn I'm way too anxious to get it back! I think I'm more excited for the tint then I was when I got the dang car!
Hey PCmike.... I'm in PBG awaiting the delivery... black MYP.... and prepping who is going to ppf and tint the car... what was your experience with e1 autospa... is it in wpb? I googled it, and they have one in houston.... were you happy with the ppf and tint? Does the ppf go to the edge or wrap around edges.. I got a quote that was 1.5 times more than when I got my cayenne done....

Exactly, so there are countless vehicles all over the country and Canada that were built in April that are parked in a holding lot at the local service centers waiting for this part to be delivered for over a month. While Fremont is currently today building and shipping vehicles to customers with ECU's installed and no delays. There is no more parts shortage, it now comes down to the poor handling of logistics and communication to the unlucky customers who had their VIN assigned in the end of April who are completely in the dark as to when they can expect this part to arrive so it can be installed and initiate delivery.
This is exactly my issue with how Tesla is handling this. When I last called on Sunday; they said that there are tens of thousands of cars waiting on the charge port ECU. I asked why are there cars stacking up at the SC’s while new cars are getting the ECU’s with no delay….and if they had a view on the part to be installed. They said no ETA and to wait for a text (same response for 3 weeks now). Or you can reject your vin and be assigned a new vin a couple weeks but it will most likely have the charge port hold 🫠 there’s no end in sight on this!!!

So for all those sorry folks like myself who have deliveries schedualed for this weekend while that Storm is rolling through, whats your plan for testing everything and checking for issues without having a flood car. ?

I am going to have a parka and Umbrella ( depending upon how much lightning) and hpe for the best . I am kind of hoping they push the weekend deliveries out a couple days or I may try to get up there later today or early Firday to give it a look if its there. I don't have high hopes of actually being able to see any paint issues in the rain

So for all those sorry folks like myself who have deliveries schedualed for this weekend while that Storm is rolling through, whats your plan for testing everything and checking for issues without having a flood car. ?

I am going to have a parka and Umbrella ( depending upon how much lightning) and hpe for the best . I am kind of hoping they push the weekend deliveries out a couple days or I may try to get up there later today or early Firday to give it a look if its there. I don't have high hopes of actually being able to see any paint issues in the rain
Dont you have 100 miles to report issues - what happens if you go over the 100 miles?

Dont you have 100 miles to report issues - what happens if you go over the 100 miles?
I have no Idea how long to report issues once you have accepted. I am more concerned with accepting the car If I would have refused it. Like finding out that there are multiple noticeable paint chip or scratch fixes which were done ( badly) If its just a lite rain I should be able to give it a good look over . If the rain is too heavy and I have no cover I'll ask to push out delivery a couple days or pass if they refuse.