Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Must not have had the missing ecu then. Its the circuit board that sits behind the charging port that is the handshaking communication between your car and the chargers that get plugged in.
i may be a bit dim then. How do you charge the vehicle if you don't have the ECU so there is the handshake between vehicle and charger? If there is no ECU it would seem the vehicle cannot be released to you since you would not be able to recharge unless i'm missing a lot of knowledge

i may be a bit dim then. How do you charge the vehicle if you don't have the ECU so there is the handshake between vehicle and charger? If there is no ECU it would seem the vehicle cannot be released to you since you would not be able to recharge unless i'm missing a lot of knowledge
They were/are shipping cars to SC's without the ECU's because of delays and then shipping the ECU's to the SC's so they can install them . This way things don't get backed up at the plant.

If the car does not have the ECU it does not get sold because it can't be charged without it

Reactions: whodeewuhdee
They were/are shipping cars to SC's without the ECU's because of delays and then shipping the ECU's to the SC's so they can install them . This way things don't get backed up at the plant.

If the car does not have the ECU it does not get sold because it can't be charged without it
Exactly, so there are countless vehicles all over the country and Canada that were built in April that are parked in a holding lot at the local service centers waiting for this part to be delivered for over a month. While Fremont is currently today building and shipping vehicles to customers with ECU's installed and no delays. There is no more parts shortage, it now comes down to the poor handling of logistics and communication to the unlucky customers who had their VIN assigned in the end of April who are completely in the dark as to when they can expect this part to arrive so it can be installed and initiate delivery.

Reactions: Teleezen