Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A hitch in the plan is that how the bill is currently written means the car needs to be manufactured after 12/31/2021

page 1247

Attachments

• Section.PNG
    Section.PNG
    52 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: Hurricane4911
My Sept build that was a demo had no issues except for the infamous exterior panels (4-6 of them).

I stalk other Model Ys at Superchargers and take photos. It is hit and miss. Some have the large gaps I have, some don't. The are noticeable on the rear door + hatch.

No rattles, leaks, scratches. Wind noise is a tad higher than my ID.4 but barely.
Are they willing to fix them or are you just stuck with it?

A hitch in the plan is that how the bill is currently written means the car needs to be manufactured after 12/31/2021

page 1247
Manufactured after 1/1/22 vs. delivery after 1/1/22. That's a game changer. Placing a Tesla on hold is not a guarantee of a 2022 manufactured vehicle.

This new provision, if it holds, gives Tesla room to cut off 2021 production of MDYs at Fremont and retool for 2022 MDY standard range only. (That's the plan) Also, they can designate those as 2022 cars. Austin gets the LR & Performance models, also 2022.

At some point very soon, I see Tesla working from oldest to newest, notifying order owners it's time to take delivery and bank your savings. Its relatively seamless, profitable for Tesla, and fair to all. Some late 2021 orders placed on hold, may spill over and get a 2022. That depends on how many orders are on hold, and how well Tesla can count cars.

Of course, this is my 6 am conjecture on my first cup of coffee. I have all day to dream up other theories.
😎

Last edited:
As mentioned, they need the 4680s more for Semis and Cyber and those will have bigger spaces for 4680 so they can pack more.

Yep.
And I think we will be hearing that from Tesla around Q2 of next year. 2 choices:

1. Put the 4680s in MYLR & MYP and give them insane range on top of their already insane range
or
2. Bring 2 new high margin vehicles to market that absolutely require the 4680.

🤔

ps: Nobody is getting at $39k CT.

Manufactured after 1/1/22 vs. delivery after 1/1/22. That's a game changer. Placing a Tesla on hold is not a guarantee of a 2022 manufactured vehicle.

This new provision, if it holds, gives Tesla room to cut off 2021 production of MDYs at Fremont and retool for 2022 MDY standard range only. (That's the plan) Also, they can designate those as 2022 cars. Austin gets the LR & Performance models, also 2022.

At some point very soon, I see Tesla working from oldest to newest, notifying order owners it's time to take delivery and bank your savings. Its relatively seamless, profitable for Tesla, and fair to all. Some late 2021 orders placed on hold, may spill over and get a 2022. That depends on how many orders are on hold, and how well Tesla can count cars.

Of course, this is my 6 am conjecture on my first cup of coffee. I have all day to dream up other theories.
😎
So I might have been wrong because there’s is later language that uses acquired after

Attachments

• C5874A9C-C9D6-43A8-BEFE-87783E122248.jpeg
    C5874A9C-C9D6-43A8-BEFE-87783E122248.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Every so often, you catch a break...
My trade-in is a 2012 Sonata turbo. 11 yrs old, 65,500 miles. I did some minor hp tweaks. It's pretty damn quick.

The offer of $8,100 expired yesterday. Pickup of my MYLR is tomorrow. New trade-in value is +$700 to $8,800.

Nice.
A carbon fiber spoiler or a RPM Tesla rebuild of the wood dash in cf are looking pretty sweet with the extra cash
😎

Thank you for the answers to my question. They were all helpful. The waiting game for this car is an interesting experience, kind of a hazing ritual for those that purchase into it!

@ @Hurricane4911 It looks like I ordered right after you. Mine is LR black/black, 20" Induction wheels, with tow hitch.

Forum help question: how do you give a reaction to a post?

Thank you for the answers to my question. They were all helpful. The waiting game for this car is an interesting experience, kind of a hazing ritual for those that purchase into it!

@ @Hurricane4911 It looks like I ordered right after you. Mine is LR black/black, 20" Induction wheels, with tow hitch.

Forum help question: how do you give a reaction to a post?
You have to have a certain number of posts, 5 or 6 I think for the reactions to be enabled. Keep posting and you'll get there.

Every so often, you catch a break...
My trade-in is a 2012 Sonata turbo. 11 yrs old, 65,500 miles. I did some minor hp tweaks. It's pretty damn quick.

The offer of $8,100 expired yesterday. Pickup of my MYLR is tomorrow. New trade-in value is +$700 to $8,800.

Nice.
A carbon fiber spoiler or a RPM Tesla rebuild of the wood dash in cf are looking pretty sweet with the extra cash
😎
how long did it take to get the trade in appraisal? Just wondering if it is faster to just sell at Carmax the day before or the morning of delivery. Also did you check with carmax to see if they were better on price?

My tesla appraisal for my Mercedes came pretty quick. They offered a lot lower than Carmax, and every other offer I checked. However, they allow you to keep your car with a mileage and time stipulation. While it may make it convenient for some, the price was not worth it. I went with Carmax, their price is only for a small window and can change after that. As an example, I had an appt for wed and thought I will just do it Saturday. I went onto their site to get another offer and the price went down $2k, so I sold it to them on that wednesday.

My tesla appraisal for my Mercedes came pretty quick. They offered a lot lower than Carmax, and every other offer I checked. However, they allow you to keep your car with a mileage and time stipulation. While it may make it convenient for some, the price was not worth it. I went with Carmax, their price is only for a small window and can change after that. As an example, I had an appt for wed and thought I will just do it Saturday. I went onto their site to get another offer and the price went down $2k, so I sold it to them on that wednesday.
Thats what I thought would be the case - so go to Carmax and Uber to Tesla :)

Last edited:
how long did it take to get the trade in appraisal? Just wondering if it is faster to just sell at Carmax the day before or the morning of delivery. Also did you check with carmax to see if they were better on price?

Every 30 days you submit to Tesla your odo mileage after you receive/accept your initial appraisel. Mine started out at $8k, went down to to $6.8k, back up to $8.1k, and yesterday up to $8.8k. I submitted my VIN to trade in a number of times. Mine was never more than +/- a couple of hundred. It 10 years old, but very low mileage. Julie @ Tampa distribution told me yesterday that any monthly odo update under 1,000 miles typically leads to positive trade-in allowances. Plus, after 40 years of buying new cars, frankly, I cannot stomach EVER walking into a dealership again. It's so freaking archaic and unnecessary.

Now consider this...
Anyone who is thinking about placing their Teslas on hold for tax, or year upgrade purposes also place the value of their trade-in into the mix. Once the tax rebates kick in, and lots of folks start buying new EVs, an equal number of ice vehicles will be sitting on used car lots depressing their value. In the end, I am receiving about 35% of the purchase price of my Sonata turbo back in trade in value.

On Tesla providing a prompt value...
I called this morning and told them I was picking up tomorrow and needed the number. They told me it would be expedited and it would take one hour. It did.

I'm good.
😎

Every 30 days you submit to Tesla your odo mileage after you receive/accept your initial appraisel. Mine started out at $8k, went down to to $6.8k, back up to $8.1k, and yesterday up to $8.8k. I submitted my VIN to trade in a number of times. Mine was never more than +/- a couple of hundred. It 10 years old, but very low mileage. Julie @ Tampa distribution told me yesterday that any monthly odo update under 1,000 miles typically leads to positive trade-in allowances. Plus, after 40 years of buying new cars, frankly, I cannot stomach EVER walking into a dealership again. It's so freaking archaic and unnecessary.

Now consider this...
Anyone who is thinking about placing their Teslas on hold for tax, or year upgrade purposes also place the value of their trade-in into the mix. Once the tax rebates kick in, and lots of folks start buying new EVs, an equal number of ice vehicles will be sitting on used car lots depressing their value. In the end, I am receiving about 35% of the purchase price of my Sonata turbo back in trade in value.

On Tesla providing a prompt value...
I called this morning and told them I was picking up tomorrow and needed the number. They told me it would be expedited and it would take one hour. It did.

I'm good.
😎
Im just looking at options now because if someone holds a car and they offer it to me, which is a slim chance, in December I think there is a 3 day pickup window if the car is already at the DC.

Im just looking at options now because if someone holds a car and they offer it to me, which is a slim chance, in December I think there is a 3 day pickup window if the car is already at the DC.

I keep rehashing options myself. Yes, they do initially give you a 3 day window for self reservations via the app. But, I feel you have a fair degree of flexibility if you give them a call.

I am finding out that once you get your VIN, your best bet for getting questions answered is to call your distribution center and talk to the delivery team. They seem to have more levers to pull. Today, they got my trade-in revalued in one hour.

Reactions: Vladimir*22
I keep rehashing options myself. Yes, they do initially give you a 3 day window for self reservations via the app. But, I feel you have a fair degree of flexibility if you give them a call.

I am finding out that once you get your VIN, your best bet for getting questions answered is to call your distribution center and talk to the delivery team. They seem to have more levers to pull. Today, they got my trade-in revalued in one hour.
I am excited for you - Picking up Vader tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Model 3 and Y prices increased by $1K again.

If your order got canceled due to excessive holding... that would suck.
Whoa...
This is getting interesting, and dicey.

To fulfill the the Tesla mantra of providing EV for the masses, Tesla will need to bring the LFP M3 & MY to market soon in NA, plus get that $25k pocket Tesla into production.

Last edited: