Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If we are not trading in with Tesla, but sold the old car to another dealer, how do we get the license registration amount adjusted to new Tesla purchase ? It will be around $300-500. DMV told that dealer should be able to adjust it but Tesla's online is little different and SA is not aware.

If we are not trading in with Tesla, but sold the old car to another dealer, how do we get the license registration amount adjusted to new Tesla purchase ? It will be around $300-500. DMV told that dealer should be able to adjust it but Tesla's online is little different and SA is not aware.
Should $250 instead of $450.

I think you ask the SA for Tesla to generate a new MVPA? Tell them the registration will transfer from an existing plate.

I was assigned my VIN today. Looks like several others got theirs today too!

My EDD is Nov 19 - 23. I am not in the country for the majority of those days, so I while I am happy to get the VIN I may not be taking that vehicle. I reached out my SA to check on options or process.

The one thing I did notice is that they are saying it is a model year 2022 car.

Reactions: ashokoya and Ormond

My EDD is Nov 19 - 23. I am not in the country for the majority of those days, so I while I am happy to get the VIN I may not be taking that vehicle. I reached out my SA to check on options or process.

I feel your pain when the car is finally ready its around a time period that most people will be out of town or on vacation smh

Reactions: S-Faan

What car did you order/color/options? Im just trying to see if the 5 months are still holding from order - delivery?

@Vladimir*22 - I ordered a Model Y Long Range Black with Black interior, 20" wheels and a tow hitch.

I placed the order on 7/19 and filled out the rest of the information (insurance, payment, etc about a week after). At the time it said delivery was October. Much like many here my dates jumped around a lot, Oct, Dec, Jan, Oct, Nov, Dec, then the dates narrowed and a VIN a few days after.

If you have an order in and you are truly buying the car, I was informed insurance, license, and payment need to be in the system. Sounded like that prioritizes you to a list versus being a deposit paid tire kicker.