Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mounted...

Packed real well. Each cover in its own protective bag. I used the bags to store the Gemini's.

Construction and fit are excellent. Install requires lining the inside of each rim edge with 7 cushion strip segments. Nice touch.

Tip: if you buy these wipe the inside edge with an alcohol pad. Some "dust" from manufacturing is present.
Rock solid on the rim.

Tough sun angle this morning. The better photos are in my garage. More later.
😎

Attachments

• 20211115_083451.jpg
    20211115_083451.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 20211115_052723.jpg
    20211115_052723.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 20211115_052949.jpg
    20211115_052949.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20211115_083244.jpg
    20211115_083244.jpg
    758.3 KB · Views: 43
How was it?

Was thinking of going but a bit under the weather with a nagging cough.
Well attended. Mine was the only MY there. It drew a lot of attention. The MX next to me showed off its Christmas Easter egg, Plying Trans Siberian orchestra "Wizards in Winter" Jaws were dropping.
🤣

Really nice but cut short by rain. Mrs 'Cane and I watched Netflix in the car, much to the chagrin of the organizers.

Two cars were available for test drives. A Volvo snd Tesla M3.

We had the " _3XY" in a row. Alas no S. Fell better.

Reactions: Ormond
Mounted...

Packed real well. Each cover in its own protective bag. I used the bags to store the Gemini's.

Construction and fit are excellent. Install requires lining the inside of each rim edge with 7 cushion strip segments. Nice touch.

Tip: if you buy these wipe the inside edge with an alcohol pad. Some "dust" from manufacturing is present.
Rock solid on the rim.

Tough sun angle this morning. The better photos are in my garage. More later.
😎
looks real nice - I found some from another company that are red - which would match mine once I get it and they have them in Blue as well , but they are $550 so probably wont get them.

This is what they look like

1636985914663.png

Reactions: Hurricane4911
I am...
They are superior to stock covers. They provide excellent rim protection. Their capture mechanism solidly locks the cover to the wheel. It's s not coming off on the highway.

For $290, it's an excellent solution. Money saved on larger black wheels, stock or aftermarket is going towards PPF and Tint.

That's my value analysis
😎👍

@Hurricane4911 - Have you had any issues with autopilot cruise control randomly braking? Is that still an issue? On a test drive a car came out of the parking lot and turned in the lane beside me and the car did tap the brakes, to be honest I would have as well since it looked like they were going to cut me off.

Random braking, No...
I've used autopilot exclusively on I-75, Selmon, and I-4. So far, it has not been an issue. I have heard talk about autopilot disengaging late and hard stopping. So, I set a max speed of +5mph, and with Mrs. 'Cane's keen observation of my keeping both hands on the wheel,
I'm good.
😎

@Hurricane4911 - Have you had any issues with autopilot cruise control randomly braking? Is that still an issue? On a test drive a car came out of the parking lot and turned in the lane beside me and the car did tap the brakes, to be honest I would have as well since it looked like they were going to cut me off.
You might have encountered AEB (Automation Emergency Braking) which is triggered even without Autopilot on. Teslas and other EVs (like the ID.4) have this feature... it doesn't always avoid collisions but definitely reduces the impact.

Random braking, No...
I've used autopilot exclusively on I-75, Selmon, and I-4. So far, it has not been an issue. I have heard talk about autopilot disengaging late and hard stopping. So, I set a max speed of +5mph, and with Mrs. 'Cane's keen observation of my keeping both hands on the wheel,
I'm good.
😎
"Mrs. 'Cane's keen observation of my keeping both hands on the wheel" The Emperor is always watching :)

• Funny
Reactions: Hurricane4911
Random braking, No...
I'm good.
😎
We’ve used auto pilots pretty extensively too and haven’t had much cases of phantom braking. It happened a couple times when we came upon a part of the road where it went from asphalt to concrete and then asphalt. Something about the change in color of the road made it slow down but it was quick and wasn’t so abrupt.

I have been seeing all kinds of posts about how flimsy the "frunk" hood is and if the latch is not set perfect or you push down in the wrong place or too hard it dents it pretty bad. what are your thoughts?

Apparently there is a auto frunk open and close available but
1. it could void the warranty
2. i dont trust myself installing it so would need to find a company that would install it- if they exist in southern Florida

thoughts?

Next Steps...
Life kept me from jumping to get the PPF done at delivery, but I've settled on products and the installer in Tampa Bay.

Auto Paint Guard (APG) will do the work in Tampa. I'm scheduled in for the week of December 6th, 5 days to complete.

• Full PPF with Xpel Ultimate Plus
• Window tint with Xpel Prime XR Plus (sides, back, windshield). Percentages tbd.
• GTechniq 2 step paint correction & finish

Headlights included (gratis) and a 3% cash/check discount
Pricey, but after spending $54k, it makes zero sense not to go all-in on protecting the finish. The shops are immaculate and they appear obsessed with details.

Reactions: ImperfectTes
I have been seeing all kinds of posts about how flimsy the "frunk" hood is and if the latch is not set perfect or you push down in the wrong place or too hard it dents it pretty bad. what are your thoughts?

Apparently there is a auto frunk open and close available but
1. it could void the warranty
2. i dont trust myself installing it so would need to find a company that would install it- if they exist in southern Florida

thoughts?
I don't like the closing too. I have to educate people when they want to close the frunk not to press on the logo which looks like the most intuitive thing to do. I want to install the auto frunk on my wife's MY so bad but she's not for it. They have a 30% off sale at Hannshow and I'm tempted to buy and store it till the day she says yes.
I am a little concerned with installation but I'm very handy so not too worried. Just concerned I might break something.

Reactions: Vladimir*22
I don't like the closing too. I have to educate people when they want to close the frunk not to press on the logo which looks like the most intuitive thing to do. I want to install the auto frunk on my wife's MY so bad but she's not for it. They have a 30% off sale at Hannshow and I'm tempted to buy and store it till the day she says yes.
I am a little concerned with installation but I'm very handy so not too worried. Just concerned I might break something.
@ajabay I found this - It seems logical