Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes they did smh
What is the issue with a car wash, as long as it is touchless? Tesla added a car wash option so it must be safe right?
I dont typically use a car wash but if I go up to MD in the winter they put salt and a slurry mix on the road that gets everywhere, the further North you go the more likely you are going to get that on your car. My Jeep Wranglers frame actually rusted so bad it would cost too much to fix, and I can bet that salt and slurry had a lot to do with it. A undercarriage wash I would think you would want so that mess doesnt stay there forever.

@Samier_RN - Couldnt you accept the VIN but not pickup until 1/1/2022 or is that EDD too early to push it to Jan? The tax bill only says delivered in 2022, well thats if it even passes.

Not taking delivery is like putting on an order on hold and he might have his ordered cancelled. I would not risk it personally... Tesla seems to want ANY valid reason to cancel your "old/low priced" order.

@Samier_RN - Couldnt you accept the VIN but not pickup until 1/1/2022 or is that EDD too early to push it to Jan? The tax bill only says delivered in 2022, well thats if it even passes.
Huge negative, unless and only unless you can prove there is something major wrong with the car and then you can deny the VIN. I already made dang well with the SA that if this car is not perfect, I mean it, I will reject it. The catch is, as I said, if it is not something major and you deny the VIN, the order is automatically canceled and you have to reorder, forfeit the deposit, and original price. They really are making it near impossible to take delivery in 2022. I even had this plan, I told the SA...keep my car there. Just literally KEEP IT there on the lot, assign it to me but let me "pay for it" in 2022 and pick it up then. I said, I still am assigned a VIN and your lot is big enough to hold it since cars fly off the lot anyways. Still a big fat nope, I am out of options :(

• Informative
Reactions: voxel
Huge negative, unless and only unless you can prove there is something major wrong with the car and then you can deny the VIN. I already made dang well with the SA that if this car is not perfect, I mean it, I will reject it. The catch is, as I said, if it is not something major and you deny the VIN, the order is automatically canceled and you have to reorder, forfeit the deposit, and original price. They really are making it near impossible to take delivery in 2022. I even had this plan, I told the SA...keep my car there. Just literally KEEP IT there on the lot, assign it to me but let me "pay for it" in 2022 and pick it up then. I said, I still am assigned a VIN and your lot is big enough to hold it since cars fly off the lot anyways. Still a big fat nope, I am out of options :(
Im sorry man!!! it sucks they wont work with people 30 days away from a possible tax break.
I am thinking to hold my MY but the M3 is just too small for me, I can manage. I dont have to worry about it for a few more months so we will see if they even let people hold going forward, my speculation is they wont.

Saw this on FB... guess I have to worry about selling my car too quickly :)

Has anyone gotten this notice from Tesla? I’ve been driving Tesla’s since 2019. Started with a 2019 model 3 dual motor, then sold that and got a standard range model Y, had to sell it to qualify for a house. Then bought a performance model 3, which I still currently have and had an order for a performance Y that I was scheduled to take delivery toward the end of December. I also placed a order for a model X Plaid as I figured it’s far out and the price might go up, so I’ll just order it now. So I got this email today…

Hello Richard,

Our loss prevention team has dug into your account and vin activity and has labeled you as a reseller. This is due to your previous history of selling vehicles with low or little milage and the number of orders (previous and current). Because of this, we are not going to be able to delivery any vehicle to you. All current orders will be canceled and the VIN's you are tied to will be released immediately. This decision is final and cannot be reversed.

• Funny
Reactions: pcmike
Im sorry man!!! it sucks they wont work with people 30 days away from a possible tax break.
I am thinking to hold my MY but the M3 is just too small for me, I can manage. I dont have to worry about it for a few more months so we will see if they even let people hold going forward, my speculation is they wont.
I do have to admit though. I did make off well since I sold my M3 for $11,000 more than my buying price. Since now I tested my vin again and it’s dropped to $47,000 or lower on most sites. So, guess it’s Papa Musk telling me to take the damn car and be happy lolol.

@voxel in Florida selling more than two cars in a year is considered a reseller and needs a license. So, I might have to place my MS on hold or I’ll sell my car to family but keep it in my name until that year is up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hurricane4911
@voxel in Florida selling more than two cars in a year is considered a reseller and needs a license. So, I might have to place my MS on hold or I’ll sell my car to family but keep it in my name until that year is up.
What about trading in two cars? :)

I sold a beater ICE box to CarMax so I guess I have one more in 12 months period but I don’t know if trade ins count. I suspect they do not. Hopefully they do not because I’ve hit the limit then… ugh.

What is the issue with a car wash, as long as it is touchless? Tesla added a car wash option so it must be safe right?
I dont typically use a car wash but if I go up to MD in the winter they put salt and a slurry mix on the road that gets everywhere, the further North you go the more likely you are going to get that on your car. My Jeep Wranglers frame actually rusted so bad it would cost too much to fix, and I can bet that salt and slurry had a lot to do with it. A undercarriage wash I would think you would want so that mess doesnt stay there forever.
I don't believe it was touchless based on the car washes in the vicinity, I could be wrong. The only issues are sometimes they use harsh cleaning products which can either turn the black trim rainbow colored because the soap isn't full rinsed off then it is baked into the black trim. I am just a nut when it comes to cleaning cars. Just my two cents, but def would use a touch less if I had no other options.

• Informative
Reactions: Vladimir*22

I sold a beater ICE box to CarMax so I guess I have one more in 12 months period but I don’t know if trade ins count. I suspect they do not. Hopefully they do not because I’ve hit the limit then… ugh.
I called FLMVA - they are absolutely useless; said they have never heard of anything about only being able to sell 2 cars in a 12 month period.
I sold one and traded 1 so I dont consider a trade as sell so will deal with it if they try to fine me.

Reactions: voxel

I did some more research with a friend within the dealership scene, the limit is if you do not "personal use" and own them; the keyword is the car needs to be a personal use car sold by you. So, the 2 limit is actually for people that are "flipping cars." BUT the DMV can still ding you if they see rapid selling of cars. So this would mean trade-ins do not count and are safe. Sorry the Florida DMV website is garbage and when I was doing my bill of sale and stuff that is when I saw the 2 limits and thought, crap I am in trouble if I sell the MY. Did not do my full research but today I wanted to find out just to make sure when you asked about the trade-in. He was confused when I mentioned doing trade-ins count towards the limit. So, we are GOLDEN except the fact that if you sell too many Tesla, they can come after you lol. I reached out to my SA about this. Sorry for the confusion, again my head is not in the game since I am really busy and skim through the forums.

**Again, please look this up as I have not. My friend has been selling cars for a couple of years and he knows there is a limit in Florida to two but never heard it about personal cars as anything can happen to a family. This is more so for people selling for profit.**

New email asking about what is going to happen to hold orders:

Just understand that Tesla is not a franchise and there is literally nothing we can do once HQ rolls something new out. Locally our hands are totally tied here. I understand that this is very short notice for you and not ideal. At the end of the day you don’t have to take the Tesla. You can place a new order and get the Tax incentives if that’s better for you.

To give you a little insight - Tesla has thousands of people trying to push off deliveries until next year. We have produced all those thousands of cars and have nowhere to put them, no funding for them, and we are nearing the end of a tax year. So, from a business point of view this move was necessary to ensure a successful quarter and meet goals.
Now I understand that it has put some in a tough spot, those who weren’t financially ready or anyone waiting for Tax rebates. However, no one is making anyone take delivery. You can let go of your order and reconsider at another time.