Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took delivery today! Some random initial thoughts in no order:

1) Fit and finish seemed just fine to me. I’m not a picky person and I really had no complaints. I had literally never sat in a MY before and reading all the threads over the last few months I had some concerns about build quality. Honestly, on first impression, I am quite pleased.

2) AMD and, oddly I think, Goodyear tires. No clue about the other stuff yet.

3) Suspension is just fine for me. It’s a daily driver and I’ve got no complaints. Over rough pavement it’s uhm not smooth but it’s fine.

3) it came with software version 11. Some things are buried and maybe it will annoy me more as time goes by, but I like the structure of the interface as a starting point. Perhaps I’ll grow more annoyed over time but the fuss seemed overblown to me.

4) my kids LOVE the farts.

5) delivery took about 15 minutes to wait for help and then about 15 minutes to be done. I had spent some earlier time looking over the car. I spent more time in the car afterwards getting oriented. The Eatonville store is clearly understaffed but the wait was reasonable, the sales guys was super professional, and got me taken care of rather promptly.

6) I got the 7 seater. Back row is clearly for emergency/special circumstances but I have youngish kids so it’s good to have the flexibility.

7) I bought acceleration boost before leaving the store. My kids shrieked with excitement. With AB it’s really faster than I’ll ever need.

8) I had a few issues that confounded me. I bought acceleration boost but car wouldn’t update. At home the car couldn’t see my wifi but my phone in the car has like 4 bars. All these things fixed in time and/or after a few restarts (pressing both control knobs in). It was strange that it couldn’t see my wifi but after going inside the house and coming back 20 minutes later it found it no problem. Just odd.

In sum, the car has exceeded my expectations so far. The last EV I had was a Volt and I guess I expected about the same. Now I just need to get homelink installed!

Good luck to all. It’s worth the wait! :)

Last edited:
3) it came with software version 11. Some things are buried and maybe it will annoy me more as time goes by, but I like the structure of the interface as a starting point. Perhaps I’ll grow more annoyed over time but the fuss seemed overblown to me.
The fuss over the new UI has been overblown. There are def some debatable changes that will probably be tweaked in subsequent revs. Some things are obviously setting up for the future like the whole App Panel thing that could lead to some type of App Store.

That folks would exceedingly block updates out of some kind of fear of the new UI always befuddled me.

Reactions: BnGrm
Another happy Suprise for me I got bumped back to May23 - July 4 on my delivery. I know most here want / need a car now but I have a Model 3 so I am in no hurry to get the Y, well as long as its before August - I have a 1200 mile road trip to do and the Model 3 wont be as nice.
I’m still waiting! The car is at the hub in Birmingham, but I don’t think it’s been loaded on a car carrier to WPB yet. 🥺

F9D39D1C-2E6A-42BA-B08B-72232026FF8D.jpeg

One of these could very well be mine 🤞🏻 Delivery day coming soon! Tired of driving past these trucks every morning in my commute and wondering 😅

• Love
Reactions: FLTessie
AFP Clear shield and tint in Jacksonville. I worked with Allan there.

[email protected]

AFP Clear shield and tint in Jacksonville. I worked with Allan there.

[email protected]

Allan is awesome.... He did my MYP tint and my wife's Pilot.

Great team all around and highly recommend them to anyone in Jax.

Also, they have a contract with the dealerships on Atlantic Blvd, so its pretty cool to see all those luxury vehicles while waiting

Reactions: EzE9463
This Florida subforum's slowdown in activity lately makes me think most all of us waiting are being targeted for sure as Austin prod cars......
I wouldn’t be so sure. I think it’s partly because we’re approaching the end of the quarter and they’re just busy trying to get cars moved around before the end of the quarter. After that it’ll probably be business as usual and a toss up as to Austin or Fremont.

Austin will not be producing the LR or P iitially, just that new MYSR+
Just speculation at this point. Considering that no one can actually place an order for a MYSR+ or whatever Tesla calls the shorter range AWD model, I doubt those will be the only models produced at Austin. The MYs produced so far may very well be MY-LR. We should hear very soon as to what is actually be produced.