Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im taking Carmax offer - i need the check to clear by next Friday. I might lose a few $$$ but with the 60K offer all im paying is about $2500 for the Model Y

Good luck on you car sale - Carmax has hit KBB on my Camaro and now the high end of KBB on the Tesla.
Just be careful.. Other people who have sold their Teslas within a Year of buying have had their new order cancelled ( one guy within a month of taking delivery). I would sell it after I had the Y not Before

Just be careful.. Other people who have sold their Teslas within a Year of buying have had their new order cancelled ( one guy within a month of taking delivery). I would sell it after I had the Y not Before

I don't know about within a year. I've personally know of a Texas family that bought 5 within a year (3 that arrived in the same month) that got banned for life. They are friends of my brother there.

I've also known folks who've had 3 Teslas in a year and sold 2 without issue. Heck, I've owned 3 myself. I think buying and selling immediately will raise flags.

@Horty4 - Have you talked to anybody at west palm beach tesla? they left me a message a few days ago- I called back, and left them a message. Now when I call- I get the VM is full. Still hoping for a 6/16 delivery....
Same experience. Called the 800 tesla number finally and spoke with a rep that was quite helpful. Never was able to ever speak with my SA in WPB. Texts better.

Just spoke to Tesla... to try for an update...

I can't schedule a delivery date- until I receive the text update (which is automated- they don't have control of those)....I haven't received the text yet.

However, the guy said with a EDD of 6/16-6/20 on tesla app... I can expect date range delivery from 6/14-6/22.... He said they couldn't control truck speeds or weather... completely understandable.

Good luck everyone.

Just spoke to Tesla... to try for an update...

I can't schedule a delivery date- until I receive the text update (which is automated- they don't have control of those)....I haven't received the text yet.

However, the guy said with a EDD of 6/16-6/20 on tesla app... I can expect date range delivery from 6/14-6/22.... He said they couldn't control truck speeds or weather... completely understandable.

Good luck everyone.
Odd considering I’m sure your vehicle and mine are on the same truck. We have the same EDD and received our vins around the same time. Same SC. I’d imagine that text will be coming any minute now.

Hey Guys, I just received an offer to accept a Texas Made Model Y, but I am not in that much of a rush as I will be out of town until September.
Plus I think it is ridiculous to pay Extra for a Vehicle that is worse than the Tesla I originally ordered.
They offered me the Standard Range Model Y which was $1,500 more expensive than the one I have been on the waitlist for and with worse specs.

I did get a better delivery Date of Oct-Dec which I am pretty Happy About.

I need the $$$ for the new one I should be getting it next weekend - now I dont know what to do. Is there anything in thier contract that states that you cant sell your car?

I don't know about within a year. I've personally know of a Texas family that bought 5 within a year (3 that arrived in the same month) that got banned for life. They are friends of my brother there.

I've also known folks who've had 3 Teslas in a year and sold 2 without issue. Heck, I've owned 3 myself. I think buying and selling immediately will raise flags.
Ive owned this one since November and I told the SA i was only getting it until the Y gets here

I need the $$$ for the new one I should be getting it next weekend - now I dont know what to do. Is there anything in thier contract that states that you cant sell your car?
1654733129613.png

Its part of the order agreement . They say "We believe" which kind of lets them infer anything . So all they need to say is you sold your first car in less then a year and you are likely to sell the MY within a year as well and they believe your order was in bad faith. Thats why I would wait till you had the car before you did it . Heck you may go to pick up your MY and see some major problems and you want to pass and then you have nothing .

Ive owned this one since November and I told the SA i was only getting it until the Y gets here

FYI SAs don’t ban you nor do they have any say. Tesla has a Loss Prevention legal team that cancels orders and bans people. I don’t know the algorithm but given I’ve know folks buy and sell up to 3 Teslas in a year I think anything below that is safe.

Hey Guys, I just received an offer to accept a Texas Made Model Y, but I am not in that much of a rush as I will be out of town until September.
Plus I think it is ridiculous to pay Extra for a Vehicle that is worse than the Tesla I originally ordered.
They offered me the Standard Range Model Y which was $1,500 more expensive than the one I have been on the waitlist for and with worse specs.

I did get a better delivery Date of Oct-Dec which I am pretty Happy About.

I’ve heard from multiple sources the charging is boss with 4680 cells. Like 20-80% in sub 25mins. Even less I’ve heard.

Personally fast charging is useless to me so my interest in the SR is low except it is made in Austin (where I spend 1-2 months a year in).

FYI SAs don’t ban you nor do they have any say. Tesla has a Loss Prevention legal team that cancels orders and bans people. I don’t know the algorithm but given I’ve know folks buy and sell up to 3 Teslas in a year I think anything below that is safe.
Well I decided to take eveyone advise - Tesla said that I am ok to see the car and get the MYLR no issue but I thought more about it and decided if the car doesnt show or damaged im screwed. THANK for pointing that out @voxel. I decided just to finance it through the credit union instead of cash.