Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone gonna delay their Tesla with this new bill appearing?
When would it go into effect? Retroactive at all?
Only the SR+ is included AFAIK. I am considering delaying mine so I can start day one with Tesla insurance though. Hope it comes sooner.
Read that it covers SUVs up to $80k, so I'd expect MY LR/P would qualify.

Tesla Insurance coming to FL?? What's the ETA for that?

Reactions: PinkWarrior
I
When would it go into effect? Retroactive at all?

Read that it covers SUVs up to $80k, so I'd expect MY LR/P would qualify.

Tesla Insurance coming to FL?? What's the ETA for that?
I read the bill would only allow credits on sedan EVs priced 55K and below. Electret article says:

(quote)
A new federal tax credit of $4,000 for used EVs

Zero-emission vans, SUVs, and trucks with MSRPs up to $80,000 qualify

Electric sedans priced up to $55,000 MSRP qualify

The full EV tax credit will be available to individuals reporting adjusted gross incomes of $150,000 or less, $300,000 for joint filers

This would enable Tesla and GM to get access back to the credit – though in Tesla’s case, it would only apply to some versions of the Model 3 due to the new $55,000 price limit.

. (End quote).

don’t know when the start date would be.

Last edited:
So strange thing… placed a July 24 order and now have a VIN assigned, in just 4 days. How I got here was that I did an “inventory swap” through the website by occasionally hitting an “inventory swap” url on my RN.

ODD July 24 2022
EDD is July 28 - Aug 2 😱😱🙌

VIN is an MYLR coming from Austin ending in 0055xx with 2 mi on odometer. Part of me is thrilled but part of me is wondering how I got so lucky and if this is some lemon.

I had to switch from White/White/NoTow to Silver/Black/Tow.

Did I hit a website bug? I don’t think so because I called in and associate said the VIN is indeed assigned and that I’ll get further instructions when the vehicle arrives in Merritt Island.

What does the 2mi on odometer mean? Some testing before shipping…customer refusal…both?

Thoughts?

So strange thing… placed a July 24 order and now have a VIN assigned, in just 4 days. How I got here was that I did an “inventory swap” through the website by occasionally hitting an “inventory swap” url on my RN.

ODD July 24 2022
EDD is July 28 - Aug 2 😱😱🙌

VIN is an MYLR coming from Austin ending in 0055xx with 2 mi on odometer. Part of me is thrilled but part of me is wondering how I got so lucky and if this is some lemon.

I had to switch from White/White/NoTow to Silver/Black/Tow.

Did I hit a website bug? I don’t think so because I called in and associate said the VIN is indeed assigned and that I’ll get further instructions when the vehicle arrives in Merritt Island.

What does the 2mi on odometer mean? Some testing before shipping…customer refusal…both?

Thoughts?
Mine said 15 but when I got it, it said 5. Did you make sure it was a long range? That was one of the things they tried to sell me a couple months ago.

Mine said 15 but when I got it, it said 5. Did you make sure it was a long range? That was one of the things they tried to sell me a couple months ago.

Is there a way to tell if it's Long Range from the VIN?
When I view the design details on my order online, it shows "Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive."
Also, when I called in, the associate confirmed it is LR.

Is there a way to tell if it's Long Range from the VIN?
When I view the design details on my order online, it shows "Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive."
Also, when I called in, the associate confirmed it is LR.
If it said long range, you should be good. Mine didn’t say long range but said something like 270 mike range. In other words, it was the standard range (with structural battery pack) but didn’t say.

Wow… from July 24 order to taking delivery on 8/3!! Woot!!

MYLR
Pearl White Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Central Florida

OD: 7/24/22
EDD1: Jan 2023 - April 2023
EDD2: Feb 2 - Mar 30

Took an “accelerated delivery option” on 7/28, that replaced White/White/NoTow to Gray/Black/Tow.
Same day received VIN for an Austin MYLR
Had delivery available for 8/1 -8/4 but took delivery today on 8/3…

Austin MY came with a really nice cargo cover plus a mobile connector. AMD ryzen processor. Odometer with 2mi.

Some quality issues…crack on a fog light, couple of scratches, couple of panel alignment issues. Hope to get a service appointment to remedy these next week. But overall the car is superb!!

All I can say is… WOW. Every SA I talk to is shocked by the turn around time for my order.

Maybe it’s the macro environment… but I’m glad I had the option and took it. Future isn’t guaranteed. If you need it (or want it) and aren’t over extending yourself financially, go for it… it might just work out better than the 6.9mo average some have reported for 2021-2022 of MYLR orders 😎

Order to delivery in 10 days 😱

Reactions: voxel
There's something amiss with your order. I have a Tesla insider... can you PM your RNXXXX number?

I suspect your registration or loan/finance was not setup. I know if you have a trade in or loan that expires... that can mess up and delay an order.
I see my wife hasn't finished the financing section, but I'm not in a rush, so I'll wait awhile longer and submit it. I'd hate to miss the upcoming tax credit ;)

Picked up today in South Florida

Attachments

• 20220808_115356.jpg
    20220808_115356.jpg
    719.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 20220808_115406.jpg
    20220808_115406.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220808_115413.jpg
    20220808_115413.jpg
    766.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220808_115427.jpg
    20220808_115427.jpg
    720.1 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: pcmike and voxel
Does anyone have a good wheel repair person or shop in the Palm Beach County area? This happened…

I found a place in Deerfield that says for $175 they take the wheel off, repair, powder coat, and mount/balance it again after, but it’s a 2 day process.

I found another place that says they work with dealerships and can come to my house and do it for $200. Obviously this isn’t as detailed a process of the above option.

Looking for other options and other quotes. Also, looking for help deciding on which way to go. I’d really prefer to not have to leave my car somewhere for two days. Any opinions?
ED8EAE14-DE5B-44B5-BD06-8754875876F5.jpeg