Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Four hours free electric from Octopus this Xmas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just been offered free electricity from Octopus 8am - 12pm on Christmas Day.
I’m on Octopus Go Further.
so have I .
So at the risk of being Cynical is that a very low usage period with everything being shut where the wholesale price will be low or even negative? i.e. will they be making money by doing this. Seems it will overlap with the start of Turkey cooking time so I would be suprised? but I doubt they would choose a peak period to make this offer.
better set a reminder to charge the car!

Just checked Octopus account and I hadn’t “allowed data analysis” for smart meter data preferences - no email received
Same here.

That preference page is on the My account page, the first link under the bit that says Your account balance. Mine was set to half-hourly already, but the checkbox was not selected to allow them to monitor for the purposes of giving offers etc.

There is also a setting in Account settings at the very top of the My account page, which has Your communications preferences section on. There is a bit called Messages you’ll receive from us where there is a toggle setting for Exclusive offers from Octopus Energy. That was disabled for me too.

I’ve fixed that, and tried the form trick above, but not totally confident that it will work, as it’s just a form and also had what appears to be a unique code in it before the account number bit.

• Informative
Reactions: ACarneiro
After I got the mail & signed up I called my 90y old father - he'd assumed it was a scam on his Octopus account but after reassurance says he will now have a roast turkey breakfast & a pre heated toast for the Queen, in front of a 5 bar heater with all but his smalls in the washing machine. Neighbours will come to check on him this year & he wonders if extension leads would be appropriate presents for them.

He's always been like this.

For those that got the email legit, did you get any kind of confirmation that it’s in place? It was said above that you could opt out again, which suggests there’s somewhere in your account or a followup email that confirms the signup?