Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging transfer opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they allowed both FUSC & FSD to transfer then I think the probability of us buying a new Tesla would be 100%, especially if it’s in 2024 with the tax credit changes making it a point of sale rebate instead of a tax credit on our individual income taxes. Plus a MN $2500 rebate. Until they allow both the probability of us giving up our unicorn 2016 S90D with FUSC, FSD, and an opening sunroof is less than 25%, even with these offers.

Reactions: TK16688
We got the offer as original 2016 MX owners. We don’t SC much but our FUSC comes with 1 owner transfer. I believe transfer ability was removed in 2017 so there should not be many of these left still with original owners. Would I be able to sell my car now, transferring FUSC and then the buyer can get FUSC on their new S/X/Y? I don’t see language saying that the offer is only for owners of FUSC vehicles as of the announcement.
If that’s too complicated, strongly leaning towards trading in for a unicorn FUSC MY.

note that if you have SC01 (transferrable FUSC), the new car has FUSC that does NOT transfer to the next owner...
With 240k mikes on the car I’m sitting in right now…. “next owner” is not a concern.

The down side of buying the new car is that I was only about four months away from starting a new thread limited to original owners with 250,000+ miles on their Model S’s. That might take a long time for me to reach after taking delivery of the new car!

Not if they are discounted.

There are no referrals for existing Tesla owners. I'm not sure if the loyalty discount would prevent the transfer.

Ok, so if the Inventory car is full price then I'm good. I'll triple check that the car qualifies before I buy.

Hmmm. I am an existing Tesla owner and I do get referral discount offers (Darryn's) every time I go to Tesla.com. So I'll have to make sure that doesn't interfere with the sale as well. I had a loyalty offer awhile ago but only for another S or an X.

I was sort of in the market maybe a year back. But I wanted to wait for HW4; glad I waited. I was miffed that USS and radar were going away but at least HW4 has the possibility of an eventual Phoenix radar retrofit. There is a 12th channel on HW4; so maybe a front parking camera too.

Reddit seems to say that Price Adjustment and Referral are two different line items. I guess I'll find out. The $250 is nice and the 3 months self driving would be fun. I like basic TACC and lane following but self driving would be fun, not $6000 fun, but fun.

Last edited:
Ok, so if the Inventory car is full price then I'm good. I'll triple check that the car qualifies before I buy.

Hmmm. I am an existing Tesla owner and I do get referral discount offers (Darryn's) every time I go to Tesla.com. So I'll have to make sure that doesn't interfere with the sale as well. I had a loyalty offer awhile ago but only for another S or an X.

I was sort of in the market maybe a year back. But I wanted to wait for HW4; glad I waited. I was miffed that USS and radar were going away but at least HW4 has the possibility of an eventual Phoenix radar retrofit. There is a 12th channel on HW4; so maybe a front parking camera too.

Reddit seems to say that Price Adjustment and Referral are two different line items. I guess I'll find out. The $250 is nice and the 3 months self driving would be fun. I like basic TACC and lane following but self driving would be fun, not $6000 fun, but fun.
They won’t let you use the referral discount if you transfer FUSC. You’d think it would be in their best interest to let everyone have the FSD trial, though. The point to the free trial is to get you hooked on it so you’ll pay for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: EVChris
It is definitely tempting. I have 160K miles on my X and I only supercharge. My 8 yr battery warranty has over a year left, so what are the odds this offer is still available in a year? Guessing low.

The fact the new battery warranty stops at only 120K miles is the only annoying item for me since I'll hit that in Year 3 based on my current driving.

Reactions: TK16688
another thing I love about my MX 2018 and FSD is that it does not nag me with that interior camera. I hate that nagging with FSD on my Model Y. That internal cabin camera is always watching for that glance at the phone. But I think they giving me FSD and FUSC with my 2018 MX, and I will gladly take the offer before end of the year(eligible for my Section 179 tax break too).

Does Inventory car work ? Or that is considered discount

Out of curiosity, for those who have or are planning to request the FUSC transfer, what will you do with your current FUSC-enabled Tesla?
I’m going to see if I can find a hitch mounted mower attachment and use it to mow the weeds in my orchard. The price I was quoted for a trade-in wouldn’t cover the cost of an electric ride-on mower.