Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Easy to help you. If I have to use my brakes at all I get a hard braking violation So every yellow light you have to make a decision to punch it or get a ding to the score. Lots of red light are being run. Does that sound safe to you? The only braking that can be done is by regen. Any additional braking will ding score.
I see you are replying to someone else. In 4,000 miles of driving and seeing on the app that the score stays 99 to 100 all the time, I have never had the situation you describe. I guess I am driving differently. I do use my brake regularly to stop and don't get braking violations and I don't punch throuugh the traffic lights. Thus, I am confused as to why some people seem to get dinged for the situation you describe.

That's not my experience. As long as you don't exceed the deceleration threshold you can use the brakes. I've been able to do it without getting dinged.
Now that makes sense as to why i don't get dinged. I am not a person that applies brakes suddenly and then lets off. I slow down over a longer period of time and plan ahead. Also as you say, I too have never been dinged by allowing regen braking regardless of speed.

• Helpful
Reactions: FlyF4
I see you are replying to someone else. In 4,000 miles of driving and seeing on the app that the score stays 99 to 100 all the time, I have never had the situation you describe. I guess I am driving differently. I do use my brake regularly to stop and don't get braking violations and I don't punch throuugh the traffic lights. Thus, I am confused as to why some people seem to get dinged for the situation you describe.
My regen is set to max. I do not get dinged if the car handles the braking on regen. I suspect that regen when going 50-55 Mph on a road is very close to the threshold of a braking ding. Any even slight pressure of the brakes on my part will ding my score. This is off topic to this thread. Just stating that driving for months on this poorly written Safety Score sucks. Waiting for a camera upgrade and driving my Model S has taken the fun out of the car. Lets get off this.

Anecdotal, but personally using regen has never triggered hard braking for me no matter how hard I come off.

I also noticed the regen in my car is a bit weaker than a loaner I had recently, not sure if related.
The refresh S’ definitely trigger the hard braking threshold using regen. Learning to feather the accelerator to get in the beta program took a little practice.

The refresh S’ definitely trigger the hard braking threshold using regen. Learning to feather the accelerator to get in the beta program took a little practice.

In my example I’m meaning they were both 2017 with the same motors, but the loaner 75D seemed to regen more even in mostly the same conditions. I noticed it quite a bit after a full week of driving and going back to my 2017 90D.

Like others said, I’m sure there’s many aspects that go into how hard regen kicks in even in older models.

Can anyone confirm if there is (or expected to be) a change to their vehicle's option codes, after the RCCB camera upgrade?

I'm presuming original AP2 or 2.5 vehicles don't report as APH4 after their MCU2/HW3/RCCB upgrades?

I have only one trusted vehicle dump to interrogate (no FSD beta yet) which continues to report as APH3 FWIW.

Curiously, it also reports APF0 (despite receiving MCU2, HW3, RCCB cams), can anyone else (with all the upgrades) confirm their relevant option codes (ideally, one vehicle with & one without FSD beta software)?

If you've a teslaFi act, you can find this info under

Settings -> Account -> Advanced -> View Raw Tesla API Vehicle List Output Only

Search the list for "AP" option codes

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Can anyone confirm if there is (or expected to be) a change to their vehicle's option codes, after the RCCB camera upgrade?

I'm presuming original AP2 or 2.5 vehicles don't report as APH4 after their MCU2/HW3/RCCB upgrades?

I have only one trusted vehicle dump to interrogate (no FSD beta yet) which continues to report as APH3 FWIW.

Curiously, it also reports APF0 (despite receiving MCU2, HW3, RCCB cams), can anyone else (with all the upgrades) confirm their relevant option codes (ideally, one vehicle with & one without FSD beta software)?

My car, with the camera upgrade and FSD beta:

[option_codes] => AD15,MDL3,PBSB,RENA,BT37,ID3W,RF3G,S3PB,DRLH,DV2W,W39B,APF0,COUS,BC3B,CH07,PC30,FC3P,FG31,GLFR,HL31,HM31,IL31,LTPB,MR31,FM3B,RS3H,SA3P,STCP,SC04,SU3C,T3CA,TW00,TM00,UT3P,WR00,AU3P,APH3,AF00,ZCST,MI00,CDM0

We’re the same. APF0 & APH3 with HW3, MCU2, and now RCCB cameras. Is there a way to see what it reported before getting RCCB cameras?

My car, with the camera upgrade and FSD beta:

[option_codes] => AD15,MDL3,PBSB,RENA,BT37,ID3W,RF3G,S3PB,DRLH,DV2W,W39B,APF0,COUS,BC3B,CH07,PC30,FC3P,FG31,GLFR,HL31,HM31,IL31,LTPB,MR31,FM3B,RS3H,SA3P,STCP,SC04,SU3C,T3CA,TW00,TM00,UT3P,WR00,AU3P,APH3,AF00,ZCST,MI00,CDM0
Outstanding, thanks for the thorough reply.

Given the match in codes (APF0, APH3) and one vehicle of each state with/without FSD beta, it seems this (vehicle option codes implying no FSD eligibility, reported to be ~unreliable since 2019) isn't on the critical path to FSD beta deployment.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Outstanding, thanks for the thorough reply.

Given the match in codes (APF0, APH3) and one vehicle of each state with/without FSD beta, it seems this (vehicle option codes implying no FSD eligibility, reported to be ~unreliable since 2019) isn't on the critical path to FSD beta deployment.
A little more sleuthing confirms, the option codes from the API are identical between a couple of distinct vehicle configs I've interrogated; one with, one without FSD beta, one AP2.5 at birth, one AP2.0 at birth (& do indeed represent a Model3, essentially unrelated to the _actual_ config of the ModelX vehicle under test).

Last edited:
WholeMars, who in my mind has become the face of Tesla, has made a big move. Now instead of ignoring those who saved Tesla, now to criticizing them. This after saving them a decent amount of $'s. I'd be PO'd as well.

The human response should have been. "Thank you so much", not public criticism. On planet Musk they apparently have lost the ability to have a rational thought process. Simply amazing. Real humans would apologize but their physical deformities (way over inflated, self imposed ego maniacs) I'm sure would prevent that.

When you get the invitation for the cam upgrade, I'd suggest still doing it. Yet another Tesla yahoo. Really makes you feel sorry for such people.

So my theory is FSD Beta rollouts only onboard new testers with full release versions aka 10.8 so 10.8.1 only went to current testers and 10.9 release should onboard more new testers.

Those who were upgraded or opted back in shortly after the 10.8 release were likely never going to get 10.8 or 10.8.1 but will probably see the next wave for 10.9 release.

Hang tight y’all!

• Helpful
Reactions: Cheburashka
So my theory is FSD Beta rollouts only onboard new testers with full release versions aka 10.8 so 10.8.1 only went to current testers and 10.9 release should onboard more new testers.

Those who were upgraded or opted back in shortly after the 10.8 release were likely never going to get 10.8 or 10.8.1 but will probably see the next wave for 10.9 release.

Hang tight y’all!
This is what I’m hoping for as well. Also emailed the VIN and a note about receiving my retrofit to [email protected]. Anybody know if wasted a stamp?

This is what I’m hoping for as well. Also emailed the VIN and a note about receiving my retrofit to [email protected]. Anybody know if wasted a stamp?
I'm with you. I've been 'qualified' for the FSD beta for quite a while now (all requirements that i'm aware of: New MCU, Upgraded Cameras, Upgraded Computer, 98+ Safety Score, and most importantly, I paid for the service). Sent them a very nice email outlining the above. Got no acknowledgement, no reply whatsoever, and no software pushed.

I get Tesla. I've owned one since 2014, and I've waited for updates that others have gotten quicker in the past. The difference here is while past software updates were somewhat random, for this there is a defined qualification criteria; and maintaining the safety score, especially in high-traffic Northern NJ, is nerve racking and quite frankly adds a lot of stress to driving what should be a totally enjoyable vehicle (the fear not for what I do, but for what the idiots on the roads do in front of me to create FCW penalties). I remember back in the day getting excellent customer service, they even had the now-long-discontinued [email protected] email. Now, it feels just like the title of this thread states: deprioritized and forgotten. All I'm looking for is an answer. If the criteria is as @Lowchrg surmises and we only get new releases (and not the interim .1 or .2s), great... tell us that! At least I won't be wrapped up in the anticipation.

Safety Score down for anyone else at the second?

Could be pulling the next wave 🤞

Edit: False alarm maybe, it’s already back

Attachments

• D9F9AE23-5AA0-4BA5-8CF7-3AF77F4A1A42.png
    D9F9AE23-5AA0-4BA5-8CF7-3AF77F4A1A42.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 78

Hang tight y’all!
It could be. We got 2021.44.30.7 today… so it’s not looking good for us getting FSD Beta 10.8.1. I’m so anxious to get it though since V11 took away the ability to wipe out a bad drive with a reboot. It’s going to be hard to keep up the high score without that option.

It could be. We got 2021.44.30.7 today… so it’s not looking good for us getting FSD Beta 10.8.1. I’m so anxious to get it though since V11 took away the ability to wipe out a bad drive with a reboot. It’s going to be hard to keep up the high score without that option.

I’m with you! Also got 30.7 today and hoping this is a pre-cursor to the next branch that includes Beta. It’s good to know we’re still on the update train.

I don’t think any new users will get 10.8.1, only existing. They’ll likely onboard more with the 10.9 rollout.

I’ve been driving with a 100 score in LA, I believe in you ;-)

Well it’s pretty much now or never for me. We sold the wife’s SR+ Model 3 and are waiting for an LR3, so she’s been driving the X. I have a feeling that if I’m not on the 10.9 train, then I’ll be waiting a very long time for 11. Either my score will be too low for 11, or (my speculation) 11 is a long way off.