Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's pretty obvious we will need camera upgrades to get FSD Beta, as that tweet was in response to an FSD Beta question.

I've opted out of the safety score. Feels liberating to have my car back although I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty pissed about the way this was handled.
I’ll probably be right behind you. Hoping to get some FSD table scraps with 10.3, but it’s basically a formality. I’m opting out as soon it’s confirmed we’re not in the next drop. Then, I’m going to tailgate and slam my brakes on each commute. Not really, but at least it’s an option.

Reactions: Cheburashka
Can you clarify above? Maybe I missed it tho I never say a tweet where Mr. Musk gave two options as you list above. Is that something you added? Where is that particular tweet? If not, that above post misleads people to think Mr. Musk mentioned those options.
The following was the tweet:

Tesla Silicon Valley Club:
What is going to happen to 2016 and 2017 teslas with fsd ? Will they get beta? Members are working on high safety scores.

Elon Musk:
Yeah, although early production cars will need camera upgrades, as well as FSD computer (all included in the price)

- End Of Tweet

The 2 options I wrote were simply my way of providing an example of 2 different possible interpretations of Elon's tweet.

I'm just hoping for some closure in the near-term. Yes, it will probably "buff" in the end with a camera upgrade campaign (just like MCU2 was an offered upgrade). But really what that means is I can just stop caring about my score, and taking ultra slow low-G turns, and staying 8 car lengths back, and no longer fearing yellow lights.

Ultimately, I hope to win on a Friday with service telling me it's not possible, and that I "win" back my car and can drive like a sane human once again.
Costs $1000. Pay now seek reimbursement later for quickest way into beta

Costs $1000. Pay now seek reimbursement later for quickest way into beta

Upgrading cameras yourself is not likely to change your ability to access the FSD Beta. You will also need Tesla's backend database to know that your car is configured with the new cameras, and only Tesla themselves can do that. How to get them to do that, if you did upgrade the cameras, is still a mystery.

I’ve done everything in my power so far to be able to receive FSD Beta.

Upgraded the MCU2 at $3K before the price drop.
HW3 computer installed and FSD Capability package included when I bought the car 1.5 years ago.
If my first day drops off tomorrow, I will be at a 100 (rounded from 99.75) safety score instead of a rounded up 99 currently.

Come on Tesla, you’ve had to have known we would need camera upgrades since FSD Beta code started being written.

As soon as it's about 9:00 AM my time (Pacific), I'm going to click that unenroll button with much aggression.

At least I'll be able to take certain roads and routes that I had avoided due to traffic and 90 degree high speed turns.

So disappointing.

Well as to be expected, 10.3 has landed for some lucky people (or just some people that signed up last minute via a $200 subscription and 100 miles of good driving). Been playing the "scored portion" of this game for the last month and the notional game since I had my 2016 Model S (sold long ago with FSD/unlimited supercharging) and now with my Model X 75D.

I was anticipating replacing my wife's aging ICE SUV with a Model Y Performance, but I'll probably go ahead and keep my Bronco order (I know, Apples to Lasagna comparison) instead of buying up a loaded MYP with FSD. I'm scorned and hurt. The least ANYONE responsible at Tesla (doesn't have to be Elon shouldering all of this) is to put out a bulletin similar to the infotainment hype up (i.e. build months/years in this group will be prioritized for a Quarter X install, etc..) vs. the silence that's going on now.

Why? Why does this have to be so difficult. They knew ALL ALONG this was never going to work with AP 2.0 cameras. What a disgrace. I'm not going to do anything crazy like get rid of my MX (still love it for the DIY driving and the style/doors, etc...) but I'm also not a happy owner either.

So with that, I've opted out of the beta and going to try to pretend like this all never happened (I remember this all started back as far as March when it was mentioned that ANYONE could push a button to trigger a manually install of the FSD. What a fool I was to believer that).

Game Over...

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1635091370309.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1635091370309.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 549
Same here, got perfect score of 100 and I didn't get 10.3. After seeing lot's of people getting it (newer cars) I decided to bail out, it's back to Luda for me and feels good to drive like my old normal. I did open a ticket with SC to upgrade my cameras but they have zero clue how to do it even after I sent them Elon's tweet. I feel like Tesla let me down but I would lie if this would be the first I felt it.

This is extremely frustrating. Both that Elon has been lying to us claiming that all 99/100 cars would get FSD Beta when it had to have been known a long time ago that we wouldn't get it. And also frustrating that while I'd like to never buy a Tesla again, there is no other EV that can do a road trip like a Tesla can. But now I'm sure wishing we had sold our S in October 2020 when we thought about it to buy a Y. If we had done so we'd have FSD Beta now. But we didn't because we didn't want to lose our Lifetime Free Unlimited Supercharging, opening sunroof, Lifetime Premium Connectivity, etc. We also erroneously believed that Tesla would take care of their long-term customers like Elon had previously promised. And we erroneously believed that Tesla would take care of customers of the S & X since they're premium vehicles, but many new software updates go only to the 3/Y with their single horizontal screen. Such a disappointment! :mad:

So I am glad I only spent $99 to find out my newly updated hardware can't get Beta FSD (not even the famous button)

Question: IF they upgrade the cameras will we get the Dashcam Viewing (the one where we get 360 view) function to work?
Another of these missing features we were promised and that I could certainly use

Reactions: Cheburashka