Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought EAP with my 2018 Model 3. I don't remember ever getting a payout for "features delivered late," though I admit I may have gotten one and forgotten.

However, the only features I ever use are autosteer, TACC, and lane-change by using the turn signal. I've never even tried summon, because I have no use for it. The one time I tried to use autopark it would not recognize that there was a parking spot. And I've never lived anywhere that freeway-NoAP was available.

Full disclosure...I'm just kidding here...

"Auto steer" and "auto wipers" don't exist either, so pretty much anything with the word "auto" or "full" doesn't exist. 😂

Autosteer exists on my car. It's not "FULL" autosteer. I have to monitor it and it's really best used only on the highway, and on the highway it is AMAZING and I love it. Tesla totally nailed EAP, even if summon and autopark are useless. (To me.)

Autosteer exists on my car. It's not "FULL" autosteer. I have to monitor it and it's really best used only on the highway, and on the highway it is AMAZING and I love it. Tesla totally nailed EAP, even if summon and autopark are useless. (To me.)
I was joking. Only because when people say, "it's in Beta, it's not complete and they can take it or features away whenever they want"

I was joking. Only because when people say, "it's in Beta, it's not complete and they can take it or features away whenever they want"

Ha, ha. EAP is still called beta.

The lawsuit covered those who bought Enhanced Autopilot between October 2016 and September 2017.

Because after that date they actually delivered the promised features.

Thanks. So that's why I didn't get a payout. IIRC there were a couple of features not yet in the software when I got mine, but I never used them when they came. I think autopark, summon, and highway NoAP.

Thanks. So that's why I didn't get a payout. IIRC there were a couple of features not yet in the software when I got mine, but I never used them when they came. I think autopark, summon, and highway NoAP.

Autopark and summon definitely existed and worked (for given values of worked) prior to 2018....the fall 2017 is roughly when that stuff was turned on via OTA, and why it's roughly the cut off date for when people in the class action got any money.

Noa came later (fall 2018)- but was not a promised feature during purchase back then either (see the screen shot I posted last page with what actual promised features were originally on EAP for the model 3)

Ditto SMART summon which also came later (fall of 2019) but wasn't originally in the promised feature list during purchase either.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I think it's a real point that Tesla is not willing to declare EAP to be established software after all these years, but still calls it "beta." And those of us using EAP (and AP, I think) "beta testers." There comes a point when you need to take responsibility for the software you've sold to users.

Normally, "beta" versions of software are released to a limited number of users to aid in debugging. Not sold to anybody who wants it and treated by everybody but the seller as complete software packages.

I think it's a real point that Tesla is not willing to declare EAP to be established software after all these years, but still calls it "beta." And those of us using EAP (and AP, I think) "beta testers." There comes a point when you need to take responsibility for the software you've sold to users.

Normally, "beta" versions of software are released to a limited number of users to aid in debugging. Not sold to anybody who wants it and treated by everybody but the seller as complete software packages.

FWIW video games have been selling "early access" to their products for longer than Tesla has been mass producing cars.

Minecraft somewhat famously was available for a fee for the alpha version- several million players bought in...and Steam has offered developers the ability to sell early access to non-final versons of games for a decade now...It's pretty common for there to be years between initial early access and final release....

Maybe the most famous in terms of LONG development cycle is Star Citizen, which began development OVER 10 years ago (2010/2011 for preproduction/initial development work- and 2012 for official announcement via a kickstarter)... initial final release was scheduled for November 2014.

Instead they began to release for early access specific parts of the game in 2013.

It's 2023 now and it's still in early access alpha release with no final release date announced.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow and daniel
I have a late 2016 model S with purchased fsd located in Toronto, Canada. The computer, mcu and cameras have all the upgraded to the latest. Cameras were upgraded in early November. With a 99 safety score and over 400 kms driven with and without autopilot, I am still waiting for Tesla to push the fsd beta. Has any one with a similar model / upgrades actually gotten the fsd beta downloaded?
I have the same as you, but have MCU1. Still have not gotten it FSD beta.

BTW, I might be really dense but I don't see the button to report an FSDb bug on my vertical screen '17 MS. Nor am I being prompted for anything when I disengage.

We left off that bus yet again? On 11.3.6.
I've been wondering the same thing. The button disappeared a while back for everyone I think, but the new prompt to ask why you disengaged has never shown up for me. Maybe they'll fix it on a future update or maybe it's only available to 3, Y and new S, X for some reason.

Man.. and I’m here on MCU2 w/ MS17 still waiting to get FSD Beta..
You must be 'accepting' new updates that are NOT fsd. If you keep doing that, you will not get beta - they will not push beta to a car that has a 'newer' firmware already installed. For example, the last beta is built on 2022.45.15. If you have ANYTHING newer (and right now, the latest firmware for non-beta is 2023.12.1.1), you will NOT get beta FSD until that beta build is 2023.12.1.1 or higher, and beta has ALWAYS been behind in builds, so if you keep accepting non-beta builds, you will most likely never get beta.

Stop accepting any new builds / don't install. Once your build gets BELOW the beta 'base build', you will get it. Understand?

You must be 'accepting' new updates that are NOT fsd. If you keep doing that, you will not get beta - they will not push beta to a car that has a 'newer' firmware already installed. For example, the last beta is built on 2022.45.15. If you have ANYTHING newer (and right now, the latest firmware for non-beta is 2023.12.1.1), you will NOT get beta FSD until that beta build is 2023.12.1.1 or higher, and beta has ALWAYS been behind in builds, so if you keep accepting non-beta builds, you will most likely never get beta.

Stop accepting any new builds / don't install. Once your build gets BELOW the beta 'base build', you will get it. Understand?
I haven’t updated anything. The MCU2 upgrade automatically put me on 2023.2.10.. ahead of FSD.

Tesla did this to me. Prior to the upgrade MCU2 I was on 2022.8.10.11..

Reactions: FMinMI

I don't think they are letting anyone in to beta until they fix the NHTSA recall issue with intersections. And the 'button' to report issues is really just pushing the right-hand scroll wheel and saying 'bug report' and stating what the issue is.

I don't think they are letting anyone in to beta until they fix the NHTSA recall issue with intersections.

They already did that. 11.3.1 and newer have the recall fix specifically called out in release notes.

And the 'button' to report issues is really just pushing the right-hand scroll wheel and saying 'bug report' and stating what the issue is.

That is not correct. What you suggest accomplishes nothing, as those reports are not sent to Tesla. They are stored locally on the car, and only ever looked at if you open a service ticket in the app for a specific issue with your vehicle.

What they are talking about is that recent FSD versions (IIRC it's anything in the V11 branch), when you disengaged FSD, offered a message on screen showing specific window of time where it prompted you to submit a disengagement report.