Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting; if you have MCU1 you can get Refund of FSD!
That kind of puts an end to MCU1 chances of FSD support... pay 2k MCU2 upgrade or just ask for 5k FSD refund.

From the actual thread:

Guy who has been promised a refund said:
I think there is no policy change. Just this one Tesla SC manager doing their best in resolving a troubling situation

My morals wouldn’t allow me to do this.

I thought about it but I would have felt horrible if those parts got sequestered for me because they knew they’d get $1k out of me and pulled the parts from someone else in line ahead of me.
I have similar feelings. I know for sure I would not order without being 100% up front with them. Just trying to be creative in a situation where Tesla continues to say cam upgrades are done based on SS. But you bring up a good point too - Tesla's clear lack of ethics and communication is not a reason to join that club.

The only question on the table at the moment is "can these be ordered?" I suspect they cannot, at least not in a timely manner.

Reactions: Lowchrg
When someone does this to me, it does NOT prompt me to change lanes. In fact I will slow down to leave more space from the car in front of me. That's in case I have to slow down suddenly, I don't want to be rear-ended. I change lanes when someone is not right on my tail. I certainly don't mind someone flashing their lights at me if I haven't noticed they are behind me and I forget to move over, but pressing the accelerator to get me to move is a bit risky in my mind.
I am referring to when there is a small gap & I’m prompting AP to change lanes, pressing the accelerator will sometimes help it to change lanes by moving farther in front of a car that it considers to be too close to change lanes in front of it. I would never tailgate or otherwise try to intimidate a slower driver to get them to move.

For those with the camera upgrades, can you guys confirm if dashcam footage has the orange glare from the blinkers on the side repeater cameras. This would only be at night footage obviously.

Apparently there was a recent redesign that corrects this so wondering if our retrofits have the new design. I realize we currently don’t have blind spot cameras right now but Green on twitter seems to think this is very much doable for legacy cars so maybe we will get it one day.

For those with the camera upgrades, can you guys confirm if dashcam footage has the orange glare from the blinkers on the side repeater cameras. This would only be at night footage obviously.

Apparently there was a recent redesign that corrects this so wondering if our retrofits have the new design. I realize we currently don’t have blind spot cameras right now but Green on twitter seems to think this is very much doable for legacy cars so maybe we will get it one day.
I wouldn’t hold your breath on getting any other features from the V11 update. Tesla has a bad habit of not keeping feature parity between cars even if they technically could.

-Closing vented windows works in third party apps, but not the official app

-Older S and X can’t dance

-Auto heated seats

-Car wash mode

-Live sentry mode

-Why can’t non-permanent magnet motors one pedal drive? The car comes to a stop by itself at stop lights and behind other cars smooth enough. So it knows how to blend the brakes.

Does anyone know or can confirm if the SC has to update a configure setting when the new cameras are installed? Or does the Tesla mother ship recognize automatically when new (updated 1092306-00-G b pillar applique ones for example) cameras are installed?There's been a ton of SS communication so I apologize if it was mentioned previously.

Reactions: Vector2
Does anyone know or can confirm if the SC has to update a configure setting when the new cameras are installed? Or does the Tesla mother ship recognize automatically when new (updated 1092306-00-G b pillar applique ones for example) cameras are installed?There's been a ton of SS communication so I apologize if it was mentioned previously.
It appears to get pulled from Vitals data and not from the gateway config… I believe..
Someone on here confirmed they still had RCCC cameras listed in their gateway config with new camera’s installed and got FSD Beta…

Reactions: Smokerek
-Why can’t non-permanent magnet motors one pedal drive? The car comes to a stop by itself at stop lights and behind other cars smooth enough. So it knows how to blend the brakes.
Does one pedal driving with permanent magnetic motors use the hydraulic brakes (other than engaging them to HOLD)? I always assumed that it was some sort of technical difference with the motors that allowed regen below 5 MPH.

Last edited:
Wait. Is this saying she had 20 FCWs in a 23 mile drive!?
By my math it's two... 88.8/1000*23 = 2
I have similar feelings. I know for sure I would not order without being 100% up front with them. Just trying to be creative in a situation where Tesla continues to say cam upgrades are done based on SS. But you bring up a good point too - Tesla's clear lack of ethics and communication is not a reason to join that club.

The only question on the table at the moment is "can these be ordered?" I suspect they cannot, at least not in a timely manner.
That's exactly how I did it. I brought my car in for my initial appointment (which they didn't cancel at the time...); they came back to bring me the bad news: That they were not doing any camera upgrades yet and that the parts didn't exist yet.

I informed them that the parts did in fact exist (and had been available for several years...), and provided them with a parts list. I then asked them to order the parts for me and to re-schedule my appointment for a few weeks out. I said:

"Let me know when the parts arrive; hopefully you have a process to do the upgrades by then, but if not I'll probably just buy the parts and do the install myself". They wrote up my estimate for my next service visit for ~$880 (the cost of the parts, no labor). Once the parts came in, the tesla website had been updated, they were able to do the upgrade for "free", and updated my estimate and invoice to $0 accordingly.

So my situation was a little different, as I was trying to make some progress before they had a formal process in place. But if you want to try something like this now, I'd just be totally upfront with the SC.. say something like:
1) The website says that "Invitations will be sent first to vehicles with the highest safety scores containing Intel Atom® infotainment processors", but that several owners with lower safety scores than you had already received their invites and you had not yet despite waiting months
2) That given the part shortages and long lead times, you want to make sure you get in the queue by placing a firm order for the needed parts in system so that you can get the retrofit completed as soon as possible
3) To do that, you'd like the SC to order the parts on your behalf, and once they arrive to schedule a visit to have the SC install them on your vehicle

By my math it's two... 88.8/1000*23 = 2

That's exactly how I did it. I brought my car in for my initial appointment (which they didn't cancel at the time...); they came back to bring me the bad news: That they were not doing any camera upgrades yet and that the parts didn't exist yet.

I informed them that the parts did in fact exist (and had been available for several years...), and provided them with a parts list. I then asked them to order the parts for me and to re-schedule my appointment for a few weeks out. I said:

"Let me know when the parts arrive; hopefully you have a process to do the upgrades by then, but if not I'll probably just buy the parts and do the install myself". They wrote up my estimate for my next service visit for ~$880 (the cost of the parts, no labor). Once the parts came in, the tesla website had been updated, they were able to do the upgrade for "free", and updated my estimate and invoice to $0 accordingly.

So my situation was a little different, as I was trying to make some progress before they had a formal process in place. But if you want to try something like this now, I'd just be totally upfront with the SC.. say something like:
1) The website says that "Invitations will be sent first to vehicles with the highest safety scores containing Intel Atom® infotainment processors", but that several owners with lower safety scores than you had already received their invites and you had not yet despite waiting months
2) That given the part shortages and long lead times, you want to make sure you get in the queue by placing a firm order for the needed parts in system so that you can get the retrofit completed as soon as possible
3) To do that, you'd like the SC to order the parts on your behalf, and once they arrive to schedule a visit to have the SC install them on your vehicle
1000 miles. I dropped a 0 apparently. I was about to say, take her key away. Lol

I am referring to when there is a small gap & I’m prompting AP to change lanes, pressing the accelerator will sometimes help it to change lanes by moving farther in front of a car that it considers to be too close to change lanes in front of it. I would never tailgate or otherwise try to intimidate a slower driver to get them to move.
Ok, I understand. I wrongly interpreted your post as attempting to get the driver in front of you to change lanes.

Reactions: hybridbear
I am very excited to try out 10.8 tomorrow.
Here's to a happy a d healthy New Year for us all.
I haven't really had much opportunity to try out 10.8 since first getting FSD Beta, Dec 30, 2021. We have had a lot of snow and the roads are messy. However today I experimented a little with roads looking better but not completely clear.

My first impressions of FSD Beta on my Legacy MX have not been good. I have a lot of Roundabouts (Traffic Rotaries) in my area. My FSD doesn't seem to know what to do...almost like a deer in the headlights.:

*Is this because roads not completely clear?
* FSD 10.8 doesn't do Roundabouts well
* Legacy MX doesn't do Roundabouts well
* All of the above

Also, I cannot use the AutoPark feature to Perpendicular Park in an Indoor Parking Lot. I see all the parked cars in a row on my screen and empty spaces in between, but no PARKING ICON to start the process. Is our previous version of AutoPark that used Ultrasonic instead of the new Tesla Vision, rendered inoperable, since my 10.8 Install?

Are other Legacy MX and even Non-Legacy MX, having these same issues?

I have a lot of Roundabouts (Traffic Rotaries) in my area. My FSD doesn't seem to know what to do...almost like a deer in the headlights.:

*Is this because roads not completely clear?
* FSD 10.8 doesn't do Roundabouts well
* Legacy MX doesn't do Roundabouts well
* All of the above
Does it slow down when approaching the roundabout, then hesitating for may be 10 seconds and then completing the navigation around the roundabout and exiting properly ? This is the expected behavior.

If it doesn't do the above, the roundabout may not be in the map. You can add it in TomTom and eventually it will flow down to the car.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Does it slow down when approaching the roundabout, then hesitating for may be 10 seconds and then completing the navigation around the roundabout and exiting properly ? This is the expected behavior.

If it doesn't do the above, the roundabout may not be in the map. You can add it in TomTom and eventually it will flow down to the car.
@EVNow
Thanks for your input. I was a little nervous to use it, so when it didn't seem to be responding, I intervened.

It also hesitated & stopped in a situation where I was yielding to continue on a road, bearing right. My MX stopped but was waiting for a vehicle making a right turn into a lane opposite from me. I don't think that was appropriate, but not sure.

Do you have problems with AutoPark?

Also, when are we to use the Camera icon at top of MCU, to report back to Tesla FSD Beta team?

Has anyone with camera upgrades opted back in after seeing beta get pushed but still haven’t received the beta?

It looks like 10.8 has stopped rolling out and thinking we may need to wait for 10.9? 11? for the next wave of camera retrofits to get beta.

Has anyone with camera upgrades opted back in after seeing beta get pushed but still haven’t received the beta?

It looks like 10.8 has stopped rolling out and thinking we may need to wait for 10.9? 11? for the next wave of camera retrofits to get beta.
I would suspect that after a certain point they would stop pushing 10.8 so once we get new cameras we'll have to wait for the next push of software.