Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10.8 FSDBeta that Andrej says we'll get "imminently"
Maybe Karpathy didn't get the whole picture of the FSD Beta 10.8 + v11 holiday update. Maybe from his side, FSD Beta would work on camera retrofit vehicles, but at least so far, the holiday update seems to only be to horizontal screen vehicles, so that happens to exclude all vehicles that would have had RCCC cameras.

2021.44.25.6 previous version.png

I suppose at least it seems to be going to vehicles that had been previously stuck on older versions (beta or not-beta), so they do get all the new features that had been missing.

but at least so far, the holiday update seems to only be to horizontal screen vehicles, so that happens to exclude all vehicles that would have had RCCC cameras.
Realized the same thing ... this TeslaFI screen seems to bring that point home.

YUTywgX.jpg

Maybe Karpathy didn't get the whole picture of the FSD Beta 10.8 + v11 holiday update. Maybe from his side, FSD Beta would work on camera retrofit vehicles, but at least so far, the holiday update seems to only be to horizontal screen vehicles, so that happens to exclude all vehicles that would have had RCCC cameras.

View attachment 747876

I suppose at least it seems to be going to vehicles that had been previously stuck on older versions (beta or not-beta), so they do get all the new features that had been missing.
Probably a glimpse of the future. Excuses that have placed us at the end of the line will be rolled out for all cars with vertical screens. (Kind of surprising that they didn’t delete the instrument panel in Plaid to simplify future updates.)

Enjoy chewing on that delicious lump of coal tomorrow:) As for my lucky 3 with FSD Beta, it looks like the update stopped rolling out.

Last edited:
Maybe Karpathy didn't get the whole picture of the FSD Beta 10.8 + v11 holiday update. Maybe from his side, FSD Beta would work on camera retrofit vehicles, but at least so far, the holiday update seems to only be to...
@Mardak
My take on Andrej's tweet didn't so much have to do with Holiday update, but more with us 2016/2017 Camera Update folk getting the 10.8 FSD Beta. Personally I'm more anxious for FSD Beta, than Holiday release. Getting both, even better 😊

For those with the camera upgrade, it looks like 2021.44.25.5 is the holiday release for FSD beta.

Please holler if you get this release.
@Mardak
My take on Andrej's tweet didn't so much have to do with Holiday update, but more with us 2016/2017 Camera Update folk getting the 10.8 FSD Beta. Personally I'm more anxious for FSD Beta, than Holiday release. Getting both, even better 😊
Rather get 10.8 over the holiday update.. now the holiday update is just an obstacle at this point.. to me at least

Wow. We are seriously being abandoned. Can't even get a one-liner on Twitter. I don't believe we'll ever have FSD BETA, let alone FSD. Could be worse - will be interesting to see the same happen to the "legacy" MY/M3 folks not far down the road. There are a lot more of them who drank the kool-aid.

Without a doubt, my last Tesla. Really a great car but no support, no communication, and a joker for the CEO. You would think he'd at least be a little concerned about karma, even if he doesn't care about customers. It will catch up. All that money won't help in a 10x10 cell.

There's no car in the road like Tesla today but I'd expect multiple superior models soon.

Wow. We are seriously being abandoned
Without a doubt, my last Tesla
Clearly overblown, unwarranted, and exaggerated, at least how I read it. Dont get me wrong, I'm in the same boat with everyone in this thread with my 2017 X, FSD purchased with the car, MCU upgraded, and now waiting for my cameras upgrade scheduled for 12/31, but we did get, arguably, more upgrades and updates that any other car manufacturer.

We have to face it at some point. There’s no reason for them to keep us happy. They don’t sell our cars anymore and could obviously care less about selling used.

The ones I feel really bad for are those that took delivery of their 2021 “legacy” S/X at the end of their production and have sealed their fate as left in the dust with $100k cars with less than 10k miles on them.