Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on 2022.20.9
Yeah, that's (probably) why you got the FSD right away.

I got pushed past 2022.20 branch before the floodgate for new FSD participants opened up and currently is on 2022.28.2, which I find encouraging as 2022.36.1 and 2022.36.2 have been installing for over a week now and I'm still on 28.2. In the past, I was getting new updates usually within a day or two of their releases - hopefully now I'm being held back for the new major FSD version, which supposedly should come out next week

Isn't there a color test you can do to confirm you have the correct cameras? I think it's a printout with various color blocks, and you have the dash cam record you standing at various spots so all the cameras pick up the color blocks.
I think the problem is that you can only see 4 of 8 tho right?

What the driver can see in the UI:
  • 1 of the 3 cameras in the front windshield (1)
  • left & right fender/repeater cameras (2)
  • rear/backup camera (1)
What the driver cannot see in the UI:
  • 2 of the 3 front windshield cameras (2)
  • the 2 B-pillar cameras (2)

I think the problem is that you can only see 4 of 8 tho right?

What the driver can see in the UI:
  • 1 of the 3 cameras in the front windshield (1)
  • left & right fender/repeater cameras (2)
  • rear/backup camera (1)
What the driver cannot see in the UI:
  • 2 of the 3 front windshield cameras (2)
  • the 2 B-pillar cameras (2)
Which is why you use the dashcam to record it so you can see all camera feeds,

Apologies as I'm sure this is captured somewhere else in the forum, but my google fu skills failed. I had my cameras upgraded by Tesla earlier this year (and FSD beta shortly after that), but have been annoyed with the car's performance when FSD is enabled and approaching a flashing yellow stop light (late at night). From the instrument cluster animation, it erroneously thinks it's a flashing red in a lot of (perhaps most) situations. So, the car abruptly hits the brakes and then speeds up, rinse and repeat as the lights flash. I'm fairly confident I got the correct part numbers installed per the spreadsheet. I don't monitor this site all that regularly, so perhaps this is already a known FSD shortfall, not unique to older cameras being updated? Anybody experience this?