Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's been a report back from Tesla Service that there are new cameras requiring an additional upgrade more than HW2.5's RCCB. If true, it would impact not just S/X from before August 2017 but potentially all S/3/X/Y from before October 2022:
The cameras however will need to be upgraded again in order to run the final production FSD software… The upgraded cameras will be replaced sometime in the first half (think June 30th) of next year
The additional description seems to match up with rumors around the new cameras being installed since October 2022 for at least the repeater cameras to see more towards the front/sides and not just rearward to allow for better creeping and view ahead of the pillars:
the updated cameras provide a better 360-degree view

Potentially "earliest adopters" will include a lot more people waiting for Tesla Service to retrofit cameras (again).

Anybody else hear of this?

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV
There's been a report back from Tesla Service that there are new cameras requiring an additional upgrade more than HW2.5's RCCB. If true, it would impact not just S/X from before August 2017 but potentially all S/3/X/Y from before October 2022:

The additional description seems to match up with rumors around the new cameras being installed since October 2022 for at least the repeater cameras to see more towards the front/sides and not just rearward to allow for better creeping and view ahead of the pillars:

Potentially "earliest adopters" will include a lot more people waiting for Tesla Service to retrofit cameras (again).

Anybody else hear of this?
Oh noooooo

Finally got my cameras replaced today. Hopefully with the right ones. Tech said they were out of chrome repeater cameras, but could swap out when they got some in. I told him I liked these better. He said these were the new versions with the different camera angle.

IMG_5088.jpg

Tesla doesn't seem to be getting any better at doing these. My appointment was already moved twice due to not having parts ready. It was supposed to happen this morning but the technician just called and said they still didn't have one of the cameras. He then said he's going to have to close my ticket and create a new one?? WTF?

Reactions: dbldwn02
Got my cameras installed today. Based on the invoice they appear to be correct. I haven't picked up my car yet but my Tesla app still shows "ineligible" for FSD beta. Does anyone know if/when that will go away? Do I need to reset my car somehow so the mothership knows the new cameras are installed?
Congrats!
You’ll need to calibrate the cameras then that “ineligible” message in the app will go away.
After mobile service installed my cameras I went for a 10 mile drive to get them calibrated.