Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is bullshit. This is the official excuse Tesla is using to weasel out! I guess this is their official position. Time for lawyers!!
the flaw in the logic is that if i don't have the software, Tesla will provide it to me free of charge. if I don't have the app i can download it free of charge, if i don't have the right FSD chip, Tesla provides it free of charge, if don't have the right camera's Tesla provides them free of charge.

but when it comes to the right MCU, you got to buy it. so the argument becomes, why that piece of hardware.

but when it comess to the right MCU, you got to buy it. so the argument becomes, why that piece of hardware.
I suppose Tesla does not intend to support FSD for hardware without at least RCCB cameras and FSD Computer, so that's why those are replaced as part of FSD Capability price. Whereas, the intent is that visualizations aren't necessary long term for FSD, but for Beta so far, it's important enough to not offer the software upgrade to MCU1 vehicles.

Then the question is if FSD Beta is still requiring human supervision, at what safety level is it okay to deploy to vehicles with limited visualizations? Is it only if/when Tesla believes FSD doesn't require monitoring?

Personally I think FSD Beta 10.69.3.1 could be used safely without the visualizations already.

the flaw in the logic is that if i don't have the software, Tesla will provide it to me free of charge. if I don't have the app i can download it free of charge, if i don't have the right FSD chip, Tesla provides it free of charge, if don't have the right camera's Tesla provides them free of charge.

but when it comes to the right MCU, you got to buy it. so the argument becomes, why that piece of hardware.
I agree. This is what was sent to a customer recently. But Teslascope is now saying some updates are on the way shortly. Holiday update. So there are conflicting reports. There still may be a chance. We’ll see. I’ll continue to share any info.

To me it was well worth 1500 or whatever it was for the added benefits of the upgrade. If someone has held out this long for MCU2 then I think Tesla should cover it.

Its not 1500 anymore its like 1750 with recent price changes.. (ie) not including FM Radio tuner if you need it.
They threw a 75 battery in my 60 and locked me out. I could of paid the upgrade price but didn't. I'm guessing that if they were truly concerned about me getting something for free, they could put in the MCU2 and lock me out of the features they don't think I deserve.

Got this email today. So hopefully this is true. According to this, It’s looking good for mcu1 in a few weeks. Fingered crossed everybody.

Attachments

• AA457993-E4A0-49AA-BC50-3CE204A4A069.jpeg
    AA457993-E4A0-49AA-BC50-3CE204A4A069.jpeg
    633 KB · Views: 129
So since the annocement, i requested service apointment because my car doesn't have the request autopilot button and i paid for FSD and I'm in north america, so something must be wrong. I'll let them tell me in writing that MCU2 is needed.
So an update from the service center. I got the Estimate. For the FSD/Button they closed it under "educate customer" so i'll see what they tell me when i get there. For the camera they gave the following estimate.
Correction: Replace Forward Facing Camera
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
INLINE TRIPLE CAM, 1.00 S/X/3(1120520-00-B)
Correction: Replace B-Pillar Camera – LH
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
B-PILLAR CAMERA, 1.00 LEFT(1069104-SL-D)
Correction: Replace B-Pillar Camera – RH Parts Replaced or Added
1 of 4

Part Quantity
B-PILLAR CAMERA, 1.00 RIGHT(1069104-SR-D)
Correction: Replace Side Repeater Camera – LH
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
SIDE REPEATER TRIM 1.00 - CHROME AERO RIB,
LEFT HAND(1514877-
01-C)
LAMP ASY, SIDE 1.00 REPEATER CAMERA,
LEFT HAND(1495866-
22-C)
Correction: Replace Side Repeater Camera – RH
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
SIDE REPEATER TRIM 1.00 - CHROME AERO RIB, RH(1514878-01-C)
LAMP ASY, SIDE 1.00 REPEATER CAMERA,
RIGHT HAND(1495867-
22-C)

Reactions: Solar40
According to this, It’s looking good for mcu1 in a few weeks
If Tesla is working on new FSD visualizations for all vehicles as part of this year's holiday update, it would make sense to take learnings from the visualizations needed for FSD Beta safety and make it compatible with MCU1 / NVIDIA Tegra while making the changes for the wider fleet.

Curious, have you / others with MCU1 been able to get RCCB cameras installed so that if there's MCU1 compatibility as part of the likely holiday update in a few weeks, you would be ready to turn it on? Or will there be a delay after that release before earliest adopters can even schedule camera replacements?

If Tesla is working on new FSD visualizations for all vehicles as part of this year's holiday update, it would make sense to take learnings from the visualizations needed for FSD Beta safety and make it compatible with MCU1 / NVIDIA Tegra while making the changes for the wider fleet.

Curious, have you / others with MCU1 been able to get RCCB cameras installed so that if there's MCU1 compatibility as part of the likely holiday update in a few weeks, you would be ready to turn it on? Or will there be a delay after that release before earliest adopters can even schedule camera replacements?
The instrument cluster display in MCU1 setups has it's own computer AFAIK (MCU2 uses a new version of it as a 2nd monitor) so that doesn't sound like Tesla would spend the efforts to use it for FSD. I'd be surprised.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve