Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mean that it switched to the old visualizations? Did you go on anything resembling a highway? FSB beta (current version) will switch to use the legacy AP stack when it thinks it's on a highway. I've seen it do it a few other times though.
Yeah, that's probably it. But it was just a divided with stop lights, not a highway. It was also going to miss its turn so I had to disengage to get into the left turn lane. I guess it just switches when it wants. Not sure why they would have it switch back and forth...seems dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's probably it. But it was just a divided with stop lights, not a highway. It was also going to miss its turn so I had to disengage to get into the left turn lane. I guess it just switches when it wants. Not sure why they would have it switch back and forth...seems dumb.
Presumably because the FSB beta software hasn't been trained/optimized for highways yet? The next FSB beta version (V11) that is due out Real Soon Now is supposed to fix this and will use a single software stack for both highways and city streets.

Only switches back & forth if its raining on city streets. Or if it is close to freeway and GPS error makes the car think its on freeway occasionally (but that would also result in wrong speed).

When its on old visualization (the two lanes colored blue) - it is on old AP, not FSDb.

We purchased our 2017 Model S 100 D in March 2017. We upgraded the MCU years ago (2019?) and then upgraded the side repeater cameras ourselves. In July 2022, we swapped the old cameras back so that Tesla could do the official camera upgrade. All they did was change the triple camera so we lost functionality such as side camera view in reverse and better color in dash cam videos. We knew they didn't upgrade the repeater cameras since we had vinyl wrap on them and they were the same after the "upgrade" as before. Based on the invoice, it also looked like they didn't swap out the B pillar cameras with the correct part (so all they really did correctly was the triple camera). We finally got the cameras (triple camera again, repeater cameras and B pillar cameras) upgraded correctly via mobile service yesterday (1/30/2023) and received the FSD Beta update about 2 hours later.

Does anyone know the difference between:
INLINE TRIPLE CAM, 1.00 S/X/3(1120520-00-B)
And
MS RR VIEW MIRROR CVR TRIPLE CAM(1092615-00-D)

I had the first one installed via mobile service and received FSD beta. There was a problem with the fit/finish of the installation though and the service center installed the later. I still have the beta, but curious if this is newer part for better or worse.

Does anyone know the difference between:
INLINE TRIPLE CAM, 1.00 S/X/3(1120520-00-B)
And
MS RR VIEW MIRROR CVR TRIPLE CAM(1092615-00-D)

I had the first one installed via mobile service and received FSD beta. There was a problem with the fit/finish of the installation though and the service center installed the later. I still have the beta, but curious if this is newer part for better or worse.
I just did a google search on the part numbers. Cover vs camera? Check yourself here:

Meanwhile, Tesla continues to refuse to install cameras on my car. (A 2017 Model S)
I had given up on asking but had my MCU1 2017 S in for some other stuff. Looks like love only happens when you’re not looking for it. Happy Valentines Day to me…

54648DEC-8164-41D0-BE80-4B5FA2B1B376.png

Some are speculating that with NHTSA Recall 23V-085, Tesla might be holding off on updating vehicles to FSD Beta, so for those getting camera retrofits and still waiting for software, this might be a reason for the delay.

The recall does include 2016 Model S made as early as September 9th as well as 2016 Model X from November 9th, so that's some extra confirmation of vehicles originally delivered with MCU1 and HW2/RCCC cameras getting FSD Beta.

Some are speculating that with NHTSA Recall 23V-085, Tesla might be holding off on updating vehicles to FSD Beta, so for those getting camera retrofits and still waiting for software, this might be a reason for the delay.

The recall does include 2016 Model S made as early as September 9th as well as 2016 Model X from November 9th, so that's some extra confirmation of vehicles originally delivered with MCU1 and HW2/RCCC cameras getting FSD Beta.
Not to mention this weekend's firetruck collision. If that was using FSD I can see many more delays on any rollouts, maybe even a potential rollback?

It was 4am so it easily could have been a drunk or sleeping driver too. Who knows...