Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorrry...I'm late to the party. I'm still running FSDb v10.

1711156688706.png

Let’s be careful using the pronouns “we” and “our” as well as the word “legacy” with regards to FSD knowing that this thread’s “earliest adopters” could mean any variation of…

Date of Manufacture
Internal camera or no
RCCC or RCCB external cameras
HW2, HW3 or HW4
MCU1, MCU2 or MCU3/Z

Date of Purchase
Before April 2019 or After April 2019 or unpurchased

Also, is there any language in the FSD transfer to make pre April 2019 purchasers agree to post April 2019 deliverables when they transfer?

Pretty sure the answer was yes when they offered it last year.... it was language that was basically you're buying FSD (ie the current product) for your new car, and by removing FSD from your old car there's no charge to do so--- I've not seen the wording people have to agree to in any of the more recent offers though to see if it changed- anyone have such language to post?

• Informative
Reactions: Krash
For many MCU1 owners...yes.

Pretty sure the answer was yes when they offered it last year.... it was language that was basically you're buying FSD (ie the current product) for your new car, and by removing FSD from your old car there's no charge to do so--- I've not seen the wording people have to agree to in any of the more recent offers though to see if it changed- anyone have such language to post?
FSD transfer rules.jpg

I think you could probably find a lawyer willing to TRY and argue otherwise, but to me that reads you're giving up whatever version of FSD you previously owned ("forfeit the FSD on your current Tesla vehicle") in exchange for receiving the current-at-time "FSD Capability" on your new one for free.

So yeah, anybody who bought earlier than ~April 2019 would be giving up the promise of an (at least) L4 system and only receiving one that is promised at L2 per the product description of each on their respective sales pages.

One of several reasons I've not been in a hurry to jump on such a deal.

Why would anyone stay on MCU1? Are they just holding out, hoping Tesla will eventually upgrade their MCU for free? Like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

On top of that at this point a number of MCU1 owners have gotten free MCU2 upgrades as FSD owners (sometimes needing to involve small claims courts to do it) so even someone who doesn't want to pay for it has options.

Why would anyone stay on MCU1? Are they just holding out, hoping Tesla will eventually upgrade their MCU for free? Like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
After the memory upgrade, my MCU1 has been rock solid. Also I never had any of the physical problems (yellowing, bubbling) others have had. Why mess with it? Tesla OWES me “all the necessary hardware” to make FSD work.

Dunno, I see no realeases on the 2024 branch...so I don't think it's just Legacy vehicles being shafted. I feel it's a tad bit paranoid to say we may never see it...but it does stink to high hell that Legacy vehicles were moved to the 2024 branch just weeks before the wide release. This was obviously done for a reason suggesting that for whatever reason, Teslas doesn't want Legacy vihicles getting this...for now. The most likely suspect is the interior camera...but then why was that never such a concern before? Why suddenly now? Trying to be optimistic...but really sucks to hear so many saying "this is the gamechanger" while having to sit on the sidelines for god knows how long.

Dunno, I see no realeases on the 2024 branch...so I don't think it's just Legacy vehicles being shafted. I feel it's a tad bit paranoid to say we may never see it...but it does stink to high hell that Legacy vehicles were moved to the 2024 branch just weeks before the wide release. This was obviously done for a reason suggesting that for whatever reason, Teslas doesn't want Legacy vihicles getting this...for now. The most likely suspect is the interior camera...but then why was that never such a concern before? Why suddenly now? Trying to be optimistic...but really sucks to hear so many saying "this is the gamechanger" while having to sit on the sidelines for god knows how long.
You state “it’s a tab bit paranoid” then give a dozen live examples. There are 10% of cars with FSD12, why not give it time before all the Assuming starts.

I updated last week to 2023.44.30.14 with my December 2016 MS.

• Informative
Reactions: Krash