Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated last week to 2023.44.30.14 with my December 2016 MS.
On my '17 MS with MCU2/AP3 I received 2023.44.30.14 on Feb 15. I've since downloaded but not installed 2024.2.7.

I even did a reinstall. Again 2024.2.7 downloaded immediately. And again, not installed.

As far as I can tell there are no non-interior cam cars with v12 yet. Not a single one. My sales rep suggested I establish a service appointment to determine if something is broken. I laughed at her and I asked her if every MS/MX owner model prior to 2022 should do the same? She has not yet responded. :rolleyes:

Seems pretty clear Tesla is not pushing this release to such cars. Hopefully some day they will. But for now a good portion of the Tesla user base is left behind yet again.

Read his post again. He said 10% of ALL CARS have FSD 12. That is just about all Teslas with FSD (400,000 out of over four million Teslas on the road is 10%) save Legacy vehicles.
Does seem like arguing for the sake of arguing. To say 10% (which has since grown) of cars with FSD12 most would be able to decipher that I meant FSD cars or rental FSD not All which I didn’t say.

Elon Musk emailed Tesla employees "FSD V12.3.1:"

It might be worthwhile for people with portrait screen S/X including MCU1 to schedule service given that the general message from leadership is that everybody should be able to experience the significant improvements of the latest FSD. Even if the current software is incompatible for whatever reason (e.g., interior cabin camera?), hopefully the extra reminders will help get things prioritized including the earliest adopters. "This is very important."

Elon Musk emailed Tesla employees "FSD V12.3.1:"

It might be worthwhile for people with portrait screen S/X including MCU1 to schedule service given that the general message from leadership is that everybody should be able to experience the significant improvements of the latest FSD. Even if the current software is incompatible for whatever reason (e.g., interior cabin camera?), hopefully the extra reminders will help get things prioritized including the earliest adopters. "This is very important."
I'm not sure the idea is to see it in your own car, as some may not have the software/hardware to do it. (Especially FSDb V12.x for any recent car that is on 2024.x firmware.) How would they enable FSD for people that haven't bought, or subscribed, to it? (Then there is the case that after some services you need 20+ miles of driving to calibrate the cameras before you can even enable it.)

More likely they take you for a spin in a demo/loaner vehicle they have on hand, that has FSDb V12.x installed and active.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
More likely they take you for a spin in a demo/loaner vehicle they have on hand, that has FSDb V12.x installed and active.
Yeah, I have doubts of what can be done today or even a few weeks, and practically demo/loaner vehicles is much more realistic. There will need to be actual software changes to support "activate FSD V12.3.1… before handing over the car" such as merging 2024.x factory software, so that's why I mentioned the overall intent of the emails of Elon Musk wanting people to experience FSD. Similarly, earliest adopter vehicles will likely need technical changes to get it working, so pushing service today about 12.x seems like a higher chance of it getting escalated to appropriate departments as opposed to the usual brushed off / still waiting responses.

On top of that at this point a number of MCU1 owners have gotten free MCU2 upgrades as FSD owners (sometimes needing to involve small claims courts to do it) so even someone who doesn't want to pay for it has options.
I was able to receive a free MCU2 upgrade but I had to ask for it. Currently waiting for V12 so I can use FSD on my new Model 3 AWD Highland after FSD transfer.

I was able to receive a free MCU2 upgrade but I had to ask for it. Currently waiting for V12 so I can use FSD on my new Model 3 AWD Highland after FSD transfer.
By your signature line, you might be thinking of HW3 not MCU2. AFAIK, all M3s had MCU2 from the beginning. Early M3 had AP HW 2.5 which was upgradable to HW3.

The only people I know who got MCU2 for free were the ones who did it in arbitration or small claims.

1711598373205.png

I also haven't received V12 FSD.

I have one of the last of the "legacy" Model X's: a 2020 model with portrait (tall) screen and no interior camera, that was purchased new with FSD. I was an early adopter of FSD beta years ago when I had to qualify with a safety score, and have had FSD ever since. My car's software was most recently updated to V11.1 (2024.2.7), so I'm still stuck on Version 11 FSD.

This thread makes it pretty clear that for some reason (the NHTSA safety "recall"???) that our cars without interior cameras are not being allowed to run FSD V12. I hope this changes soon.

This thread makes it pretty clear that for some reason (the NHTSA safety "recall"???) that our cars without interior cameras are not being allowed to run FSD V12. I hope this changes soon.

Most likely they just didn't get to it. There is no logical reason to allow V11 but not allow V12, which is allegedly better and safer. Our cars are the absolute last priority at Tesla. We will probably begin getting it once V12 starts going wide.