Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would freak out like that guy, FSD would not comprehend a pit (pothole category?), I don't think?

Actually with my FSD beta the car often sees potholes, but doesn’t visualize them, and swerved to avoid them thinking they are large potholes.

Likewise when there’s a large fresh squeezed patch of asphalt in the road the car often gets confused that it’s a massive dark hole and try’s to panic stop before it realizes it’s not.

Interesting. I re-looked at a jerking to the left behavior that may have been a drive around. Previously I disengaged when it felt like it was heading for the opposite shoulder - but let it go a few days ago. Looking at the new video, I realize the deviation to the left may have been to avoid the eroded edge of this back road. Due to road curves, the jerking is not as clearly evident as it is when you are driving. Slowed down slightly, too.

deviation.jpg

This back road is often poorly driven. Appeared to ignore all the other potholes and irregularities. Took, a sharp left turn driving in the left lane at 20mph and slowing to 6 mph in the middle of the turn. Not a good move.

Study this site well.

And the classic.

My older sister, a very wise and smart woman who is a political scientist at Syracuse University, teaches a statistics class to freshmen, where she endeavors to teach them critical thinking. She talks about this as being the most common error in logic: confusing simultaneity with causality. In other words, assuming that because two things are happening at the same time, they exist in a cause and effect relationship with each other.​
Because anyone can say anything anywhere these days (pretty much), there's a lot of fuzzy thinking floating around that seems more legitimate than it would have in former times because it's in print. Now, don't get me wrong: I'm a huge proponent of free speech. I just feel we all have to be more discriminating than ever before about what we believe. Not cynical or negative: discriminating.​
1651851760680.png

Study this site well.

geez, excuse me... just making a comment. It's not fuzzy logic to think that things may have slowed a bit due to the head of AI being out for 4 months...

Ok, enough about pirates eating tomahtoes, can we please start complaining about FSD-beta 10.12 already? I predict it's going to be 2 steps forward, 1 step to the side, and 2.5 steps backward. And Wed/Thurs sure, but which week? Overall I expect to find 10.12 the laughing stock of disappointing.........by rudimentary definition.........

Last edited:
Reactions: israndy
Ok, enough about pirates eating tomahtoes, can we please start complaining about FSD-beta 10.12 already? I predict it's going to be 2 steps forward, 1 step to the side, and 2.5 steps backward. And Wed/Thurs sure, but which week? Overall I find 10.12 disappointing.........

wrong thread :D

I haven't posted anything previously regarding 10.11, because for me, the improvements over previous versions are miniscule. However, I did notice one positive development. 10.11 does much better with curves where there is an intersection off of the curve. In the past, FSD beta versions would do all kinds of screwy things with these curves. It might put on its turn signal. It might enter the curve far too fast and then brake erratically.

I attribute this improvement to 10.11 more smoothly negotiating curves. The reason I think this is that 10.11 is the first version that will safely traverse multilane roundabouts for me, as long as the traffic is light. It still annoyingly uses its right turn signal to enter the roundabout, but it almost always stays in the outer circle and exits the roundabout smoothly. I still maintain that FSD beta has no specific roundabout logic yet and it treats them as a curve with intersections.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
This issue is getting extremely annoying. It’s constantly trying to take right hand turning lanes at full speed while it’s supposed to go straight. Not the best clip but it’ll do to get the point across

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Yes, all the time. It’s extremely annoying and sometimes downright dangerous. IME it’s much more common in two lane roads and it’s not every turn lane but there are some areas where it makes FSD unusable for me.

Reactions: Ramphex
This issue is getting extremely annoying. It’s constantly trying to take right hand turning lanes at full speed while it’s supposed to go straight. Not the best clip but it’ll do to get the point across

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
I have experienced this since 10.10.2. Happens for right or left turn lanes. The issue tends to be worse when there is a turnout that is just before an intended turn, but the issue does happen even when intending to go straight.