Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I enjoyed the podcast, but now my mood is now soured. The longer time passes between me having listened to how great 10.11 is and not having it pushed to my car, is a constant reminder of why I'd rather enjoy the update first-hand. There's a sickness in having to keep checking your phone for an update push notification from the Tesla app, that will likely never come soon. It may be worst than realizing that the person you hooked up with the night before has probably ghosted you because they aren't returing your text.

I didn't get it yet either but I'm not worried, relax friend it's going to come!

Reactions: clydeiii
There is some discussion on this in James video above.

He thinks early on Tesla relied more on maps I.e. map would trump vision but they are now confident enough in perception that they have switched to NN completely in that one instance.
Yeah, this makes sense to me .. at the end of the day the cameras should always trump the map (assuming they have reached sufficient maturity in the NN). My feeling is the car is now using the map to resolve probabilities ("Is that an extra lane or a badly marked bike lane?" type of thing).

Interesting that the more Tesla move away from maps the more they are diverging from those proponents of HD maps.

Smells like a flop
Looking like 10.11 may not fly?

CE04130F-5D31-4CB0-8958-339DA4E63E35.jpeg

I seems to be working well, based on reviews and drives.
Do you have insight we’re missing. ?
The fact that the rollout seems to have stopped with only a fraction of FSD users receiving it. That pattern in the past was typically followed by a .1 or .2 release apparently to fix some issues they saw in early rollout

There’s also 2022.4.5.17 that just started dropping in the last few hours; is it 10.11.1 or is it just another public tweak? No notes yet.
Not likely since 10.2 took almost 3 weeks after 10. Even 8.1 took almost a week and it was an emergency update since 8 was fully released.

Also some of the 22.4.5.17 installs were on previous version 22.4.5.11. So NOT a chance it is Beta.

Last edited:
Not likely since 10.2 took almost 3 weeks after 10. Even 8.1 took almost a week and it was an emergency update since 8 was fully released.

Also some of the 22.4.5.17 installs were on previous version 22.4.5.11. So NOT a chance it is Beta.
I assume that there's a fair amount of non-FSD code in the update as well. 2022.4.5.16 seems to have been replaced by 4.5.17 so I wonder if there were some bugs they uncovered and they're fixing those in 4.5.15 (FSD 10.11) before proceeding with the rollout.

Reactions: jeremymc7
There are no major red flags from those who have shared their drives on YT, so I can't imagine what has caused this grinding halt. I view 10.11 as an alpha version and maybe it's good enough to where it will be released to everyone as a beta, perhaps in the form of 10.12.

Since I've not got 10.11 even after 72 hours after it first came to a non-employee car .... definitely they have decided not to roll out 10.11 further (atleast for now). So, I guess we should expect a fix.

Ofcourse with fixes, the whole cycle of internal testing etc goes fast because they make small, highly controlled changes. So, we could get it by this weekend.

Ironically, this was one of those rare releases that almost universally everyone was saying its better. May be its the - just stops at intersections sometimes and doesn't move issue.