Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t know if it’s just me or something else going on.

Checking for software updates in the Software menu does nothing anything. States up to date as of 1:05am today. Won’t refresh to attend checking. Up to date time no longer refresh’s to current times.

The upgrades menu also just says service unavailable now.

Tried from both cell and WiFi. Same result.

Resetting the car doesn’t change anything either.

Never had this issue before in all these years.

I'm concerned that the car is no longer checking for (any) updates when manually refreshed. In other words anytime I'm manually refreshed it always says checking and then up to date as of the time refreshed. Now it doesn't say checking. And it only says up to date as of 1:05AM. None of that has ever happened to me over any of my Tesla's in all these years.

Also I'm concerned that updates section just gives an error when I check it. I've never had any of my Tesla's do either of those. Also since Tesla was just here this morning working on the car. Also seems like odd timing.

The car seems stuck in those two areas.
In the early days if you wanted to get an update, it helped if you parked with the valve stems pointing up. That gave you better reception. Could still work . . .

found the original thread.
When I went back through the old copies of the manuals I'd downloaded they deleted the functionality of turning on headlights when its dark & raining.
Old manuals say it does it automatically, newer versions remove the wording (along with the function) - so its a deliberate choice by Tesla

I'm curious to see what Tesla says about this so if I remember to do so I'll ask them on the online chat between 8am PST, and 3pm PST.

Months ago I noticed it not turning on the lights with the auto-lights during daylight hours when it wasn't dark out. It would only turn them on based on ambient light, and not off the wiper speed.

Sadly I noticed this first on other Tesla's that I was following where I was like "what's up with these idiot Tesla owners not using auto-lights", but then I looked at my lights and they weren't on. Hahaha.

I then posted in a local FB post for Model 3 owners to alert them to the fact that a lot of them weren't using their lights in the rain, and it was really inconsiderate to other drivers. People that don't use their lights are harder to see when they're in front.

What I thought was hilarious was one guy didn't even know how to see if their lights were on. They were so used to the car doing the lights that he never checked.

My suggestion was to simply get used to turning on the lights during rainy days, and to ignore the beeping about the lights on when you open the door. That alert is a bug that's been in the SW since I owned my first Tesla back in 2015. The lights will turn off when you leave the vehicle and close the door.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Looks like a very busy night of 10.11.1 downloads. At this rate we should all have it by April 31.🤣😵😵‍💫

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 6.17.20 AM.png

Nah… I have a non FSD 2021 MYP on .17. This branch is likely result if different chips used due to shortages. I have always found with this car it’s last to get updates. The Plaid is usually day one.

So, I’m here to pee on the working hypothesis that .17 is staging for .20! 😂
just curious, have you ever subscribed to FSD? i've seen a few other people who dont have FSD but are also on .17, i'm wondering if those of us on .17 are simply in the eligible pool or something like that.... if its not a staging ground for the beta idk what else it would be, the chip thing doesn't really make sence imo lol, its 100% possible its for some other reason but so far, aside from 1 outlier, the only people who have been moved past .17 have been moved to 10.11.1, so yeah seems likely.

In the early days if you wanted to get an update, it helped if you parked with the valve stems pointing up. That gave you better reception. Could still work . . .
In the really early days you could swing by your local service center and it would start downloading immediately whatever the latest release was. ahhhhh the good'ol days LOL

just curious, have you ever subscribed to FSD? i've seen a few other people who dont have FSD but are also on .17, i'm wondering if those of us on .17 are simply in the eligible pool or something like that.... if its not a staging ground for the beta idk what else it would be, the chip thing doesn't really make sence imo lol, its 100% possible its for some other reason but so far, aside from 1 outlier, the only people who have been moved past .17 have been moved to 10.11.1, so yeah seems likely.
My non-FSD MY is on .17 despite .18 and 8.2 being out

its puzzling... i would say maybe they are testing something with vison only cars since its only 21's and 22's but there are lots of them on 8.2 as well so i'm not sure thats any more likely lol. idk i'm going stick with my delusion for the moment haha
I don’t think anyone’s come up with a good explanation as to which cars get which updates.

Reactions: PACEMD

No, never subscribed. The MYP has never had FSD.

Don't appreciate being called "Troll-Y" or "Ignorant".
Ok. Sorry.
Anyway you’re wrong. If you’re on say the service screen and then click on software and quickly scroll to the bottom it says “Checking for updates”. Then it says “Your software is up to date As of (insert current date and time)”. It doesn’t force a download; but it does query the server.
Being wrong is fine. It allows us to learn when we are ignorant.
My point was that if you haven't had the update pushed to you yet, no amount of querying a server will get you there any faster. I suppose what you're saying (not sure because I'm ignorant still), is that querying the server might be necessary if you aren't constantly in reach of Wifi. I still don't know what you meant.

Not that it matters but some of us do work "the night shift".
Nothing wrong with that, thanks for explaining.

No. You need to jack each wheel up to rotate the tires for the proper orientation.
You guys! You're forgetting to do the software download dance! You need to wear a Tesla cap (and nothing else) and dance the dance for 12 hours nonstop in a public place. Then if your valve stems and wheels are set up properly, and the gods are smiling on you, you might get a download. It worked for my uncle's friend's second cousin, really!

(snip)
My point was all day today my car hasn’t displayed either the checking for updates or software is up to date and display current time.

This is the first time on any car that it’s never worked either checking for update or displaying current date and time.
I think Tesla had some server updates/changes on Monday of this week. No way to prove it, but if you had also been looking at the the Tesla app (at least on iPhone), the range estimate was switching between % charge and miles off and on during the day. I used to think this was a local app bug, but since it happened earlier this year and was resolved on the server side, I would chalk up your 'not seeing update queries work', into 'Tesla did some server work on Monday and the update/car info servers where not doing all the normal things for a while.'

Reactions: jeremymc7
Ok. Sorry.

Being wrong is fine. It allows us to learn when we are ignorant.
My point was that if you haven't had the update pushed to you yet, no amount of querying a server will get you there any faster. I suppose what you're saying (not sure because I'm ignorant still), is that querying the server might be necessary if you aren't constantly in reach of Wifi. I still don't know what you meant.

Nothing wrong with that, thanks for explaining.

I'm not trying to get it faster by querying the server, over and over. I just noticed it was "stuck" for first time I've ever noticed. It seemed my car was no longer querying the server.

Interesting note is that after Tesla send me the invoice for yesterday it started querying the server. When I scheduled my service they also added firmware updates for "Seatbelt Chime" and "Boombox Functionality". It's probably weird timing; BUT it started querying the server before service and it started again I got the invoice and they closed the service. I don't know if it was related to those firmware updates but maybe they temporally blocked the car from updates pending service and the updates they needed to do. Weird. Either way it did stop for a whole day and now is working again.

Reactions: Tombolian