Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.13

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I am not running a billion dollar car company, but I think more frequent less feature rich updates would be more efficient. As I understand it from Elon's tweets there are approx 150 employees in the AI/FSD group. I am certain that all of them are not working on Chuck's ULT. I am sure the team members who worked on other improvements would love to have thousands of data points on the performance of their work to feed into the training tool. It is likely that it is not only Chuck"s ULT holding up 10.13, but still I am sure there are improvements that are working that would benefit from some real world data.

Reactions: kriskros91
I know I am not running a billion dollar car company, but I think more frequent less feature rich updates would be more efficient. As I understand it from Elon's tweets there are approx 150 employees in the AI/FSD group. I am certain that all of them are not working on Chuck's ULT. I am sure the team members who worked on other improvements would love to have thousands of data points on the performance of their work to feed into the training tool. It is likely that it is not only Chuck"s ULT holding up 10.13, but still I am sure there are improvements that are working that would benefit from some real world data.
What you described is what used to happen. Naturally you then had many people state they would much prefer to wait a bit longer to insure adequate QA testing and more feature rich updates. Personally I'd rather wait. Let's see how 10.13 goes.

What you described is what used to happen. Naturally you then had many people state they would much prefer to wait a bit longer to insure adequate QA testing and more feature rich updates. Personally I'd rather wait. Let's see how 10.13 goes.
There's always the third option: wait longer and then release with inadequate testing.

Not that I think that would ever happen...

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
Let's see how 10.13 goes.
Maybe just couple of weeks or so to go.

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 6.09.15 AM.png

I experience PB at the location of the Pin in the map attached. It occurs every pass and if there is no one behind me I have let it go to a full stop. I have checked the display and see nothing rendered that would indicate a reason.
Look at the blue planner line. Part of the line gets paler/lighter when the car comes up to a stop sign or red light, with the pale/light part getting darker again when the car decides to move forward.

I have a similar spot on my drive home from work. The planner line acts like there's a stop sign or red light when no such traffic control exists. A light touch of the accelerator darkens the planner line beyond that point and the car proceeds.

Within 20 yards of that same location, going the other way (to work), the car will often completely ignore a stop sign. I have to hit the brake.

I wonder whether there's an error in the map data where the stop sign orientation is off by 180 degrees?

• Informative
Reactions: JHCCAZ
I’ve had the car want to stop, usually with an slamming of the brake when I’m on a main road with no stops but where there is a side street separated by a wide area of grass and interesting side streets.

It seems like it either thinks it’s on the side street, which is not what it’s showing or thinks the stop signs on the side streets are for the main road.

It’s always in the same areas and happens each time.

But inn surrounding streets with the same type of layout there are no issues.

This is a little off topic, but I’m guessing I’m stuck on 2022.12.3.16 due to being enrolled in FSD beta? I checked TeslaFi, and it seems like most Model Ys have moved on from that version.
Yes. We're all still waiting for FSD beta 10.13. It's presently being tested by Tesla employees and the firmware version is 2023.16.3.5.

Reactions: Jcl007
Probably more of a marketing calculation - a week of articles like “Tesla releases software that solves left turns” (ignore the fine print that this applies to like one specific turn) will be worth more than quiet incremental progress would be otherwise

This is a little off topic, but I’m guessing I’m stuck on 2022.12.3.16 due to being enrolled in FSD beta? I checked TeslaFi, and it seems like most Model Ys have moved on from that version.
Yeah I've posted a few times how annoying this fact is that we are so behind public firmware. And we're always lead on by Elon that the update is close by. He's such a tease...

I bet that as of now Optimus hardware is FAR behind software.
I'm betting its the other way around, lots of robotics companies out there already.
Tesla also had one of those robotics company semi trailers parked up at GF Austin a few months back. It was very obviously placed out on its own right in the initial flightpath that all the drone operators use. They even changed its orientation to make sure it was seen.

Reactions: Daniel in SD
Who else finds the lane changes with FSD sort of jarring? Even on chill mode when it makes a lane change it always tries to actively speed up immediately while the lange change is happening. When I'm driving on a city streets I rarely speed up as I'm making lane changes on a routine basis so I find it somewhat unsettling especially when it is FSD making the change without being prompted to with the stalk.

Reactions: Reddy Kilowatt
Who else finds the lane changes with FSD sort of jarring? Even on chill mode when it makes a lane change it always tries to actively speed up immediately while the lange change is happening. When I'm driving on a city streets I rarely speed up as I'm making lane changes on a routine basis so I find it somewhat unsettling especially when it is FSD making the change without being prompted to with the stalk.
If the car speeds up, then it's speed was being held back from the current maximum by traffic. So, speeding up, assuming that the new lane has the clearance, is an appropriate response.